25 replies to this topic

#21 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostMainhunter, on 08 November 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

Just shows you, how pathetic few votes conquest gets. And for me, it's the only mode I really like. Don't we have enough players after the Steam release? So we can split the population and offer different ways of play and Map/Mod eligibility.

I love Conquest, it is my favorite as well because it has definitive win conditions that require at least a small amount of tactical coordination to achieve. Such conditions prevent the turtling and hiding that occurs in many other matches. Conquest also rewards lights for doing something outside of just raw damage, not to mention that Conquest pays more money to everyone in the match, winners and losers.

I also prefer Domination and Assault over Skirmish, but notice in his sample that Skirmish was 41% of his matches.

#22 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostBandilly, on 08 November 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

So I tallied my last 16 matches. Scientifically it's not a large sample, but it mirrored what I've been seeing recently. Out of 16 matches and 4 maps to vote for per match there would be 16x4 or 64 maps up for vote. With 64 maps to vote for out of 14 total maps that exist we would expect under normal probability that each map would show up around 4 times each (64/14=4.57, so more than 4). Here is how many times the popular maps showed up for vote:

HPG 2
Crimson 2
Mining 0
Canyon 2

Is there some algorithm that is trying to get all maps played equally? In other words the more a map gets selected the less it shows up for vote to try and get the other maps to be played?

The sorting algorithm is a complex and mysterious thing. What suck's is the escape subroutine call “F-IT!” it took to long, DUMP ALL” Load Balancing Engaged!Posted Image

#23 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

View PostMainhunter, on 08 November 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Counter-Strike was just an example. FYI, I was a first day CS Player and Train, as one of the first maps, was my preferred one. I even preferred Action-HL over CS in the beginning, but unfortunately, the CS Mod-Maker were a tad better in making a lag free mod.

Action-HL was pretty fun so I will hate you a little less than before, but the fact you used that Counter-Strike example means I will never be able to not hate you at least a little.Posted Image

#24 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

I resubbed in Wow. What does it mean? At least one month of no MWO, sorry.

#25 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 08 November 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

Action-HL was pretty fun so I will hate you a little less than before, but the fact you used that Counter-Strike example means I will never be able to not hate you at least a little.Posted Image

Come one, in reality, you wanna hug me....^^

#26 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostBandilly, on 08 November 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

I love Conquest, it is my favorite as well because it has definitive win conditions that require at least a small amount of tactical coordination to achieve. Such conditions prevent the turtling and hiding that occurs in many other matches. Conquest also rewards lights for doing something outside of just raw damage, not to mention that Conquest pays more money to everyone in the match, winners and losers.

I also prefer Domination and Assault over Skirmish, but notice in his sample that Skirmish was 41% of his matches.

Most important - no running around the Rosi..... no circle of death.

Some maps should always come with conquest, thats:

Alpine
Tourmaline
Crimson
Canyon <- Domination works here too

Most of the space of these beautiful maps are wasted by other game modes but conquest. It doesn`t help moving bases closer to each other... Assault is still a boring and useless mode at Alpine!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users