Pattern Across All Mechs

42 replies to this topic

Poll: How should Cammo Patterns be bought? (264 member(s) have cast votes)

How should Cammo Patterns be bought?

1. Single Purchase (one Patern One mech) (23 votes [7.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

2. By Chassis. (unlocks for all Chassis) (32 votes [10.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.09%

3. Modular (like the Cockpit Items) (29 votes [9.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.15%

4. Voted Permanent Unlock (Buy it once, Apply it anywhere, Any Number of Times.) (233 votes [73.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I feel I would buy more Cammo Patterns if they were unlocked universally instead of by Mech or Chassis.

I would have bought at least Sherman, Vagabond, and Cobra, had they worked across all my mechs. Forcing us to pay for individual mechs I am fine with. but if I pay about $6 for Cobra. I should be able to apply it across all mechs that can apply it, instead of just my three Chassis.

At this point PGI would have had more money out of me then they do now. I'm never going to buy a cammo pattern at this point. I will wait for the free ones and stick solely to that. This isn't getting them money.

Even if they altered the Cammo patterns to "Buy one apply one" like they do with the cockpit Items. Give us three Cammo Patterns to be applied for $6. I would buy that too!

Just my suggestions for helping out the company, Vote on the poll your feelings.

TL-DR :

Make Cammo Patterns a one time buy vs. by Mech or Chassis.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Obviously, I'm in favour of anything making my paints and patterns cheaper, but I doubt they'll do this.

A good option you can use now, though, is the "single application" patterns if you don't compulsively reskin your mechs all the time. Note that you can pay the 125MC to buy the pattern then change the colors as often as you want for free (assuming you own the colours) - unless you want to change patterns frequently, it's a far better deal.

#3 SUBZERO8K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

This is what I've been waiting on before I buy any patterns.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

Posted Image

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Single/chassis/weight class/all mechs unlocks could be balanced by cost to intice some players to buy the bigger package (when with the current system, they only buy one camo for one mech, or noccamo at all).

#6 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

That was the hope.

I wouldn't mind paying $9 or $10 for a cammo across all mechs and future mechs.

#7 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

I'd be okay with things on a per wheight class basis. Same price for unlock but shared across all 'Mechs of the same wheight class. If I unlock to use on a Stalker and can then apply it to my Atlas as well, that'd be great already. If I wanted one for my Catapult, I'd need to buy a new one but I'd be in the knowledge that I'd be able to apply it to that Jagermech I intend to buy at some point as well.

#8 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 24 August 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Obviously, I'm in favour of anything making my paints and patterns cheaper, but I doubt they'll do this.

A good option you can use now, though, is the "single application" patterns if you don't compulsively reskin your mechs all the time. Note that you can pay the 125MC to buy the pattern then change the colors as often as you want for free (assuming you own the colours) - unless you want to change patterns frequently, it's a far better deal.

i have a FUUUUUU moment if that's right.

i always tought it was just the skin for a match and that's all, now it somehow makes more sense.... :P

#9 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostLord Perversor, on 23 September 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

i have a FUUUUUU moment if that's right.

i always tought it was just the skin for a match and that's all, now it somehow makes more sense.... :P

You're like the 5th person I have come across who has thought that.

But no the single use unlocks for 75/125 are per mech, forever, with option to change the colors, however if you ever change the camospec, even to default, it wouldn't allow you to switch back to that pattern again.

I stopped buying the chassis unlock ones because really you have to own at least 2 of them to have it even make sense, even if you want to keep all ~3 variants of that chassis.

Edited by Ghogiel, 23 September 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#10 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 23 September 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

You're like the 5th person I have come across who has thought that.

But no the single use unlocks for 75/125 are per mech, forever, with option to change the colors, however if you ever change the camospec, even to default, it wouldn't allow you to switch back to that pattern again.

I stopped buying the chassis unlock ones because really you have to own at least 2 of them to have it even make sense, even if you want to keep all ~3 variants of that chassis.

Good thing is i hoard all mech chassis and variants i max so the chassis ones always come handy.

But it's good to know at least if someway i find a decent pattern.

P.S: i'm have an uncanny ability to make the most ******** assumptions from the most basic things it's like a gift :P

#11 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

I only buy the single use camo. I have a ton of different mechs and I give them different patterns so I have pretty much all of the patterns. I agree that the price for permanent unlocking it is too high, but the single use cost is quite reasonable I feel.

The good news is that you get to keep the pattern forever on that mech (as long as you don't change the pattern itself) and you can change the colors as many times as you like for free (with any paint colors that you have unlocked).

#12 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Kind of undecided on this one.

I mean: I do agree that the "unlimited" unlock as it is now is too expensive. Especially when you consider the fact that you can simply use the (weirdly named) "single use" and pay way less.

Since this isn't explained in-game (at least not to my knowledge), when I started out, I assumed "single use" meant, well single use. Meaning: Buy it and be able to run the pattern in a single match. Only later did I find out that single use is a way better deal than the (IMO) overpriced "full" unlock.

With prices being what they are now, I'd much prefer the "full" unlock to give me that pattern for *all* Mechs.. or at least for all Mechs in the same weightclass.

Meaning: Buy "Phranken" for your Stalker for 1250 and you can run it on every assault-Mech you own.

OTOH, I'm actually a bit for camo-schemes being overpriced. I mean, painting your Mech is about individuality, right? If everyone were running around with Phranken and Buccaneer, what would be the point? High prices at least ensure a *little* exclusivity.

That's one of the reasons why I bought Tartan for some of my Mechs: Nobody seems to want to run around looking like a kitchen-towel.. :(

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 09 October 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#13 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

i think these options would be nice

single variant

single chassis

single class

all mechs

but what ever happens , skins and paints need to get cheaper
1000mc for a paint, common thats just stupid

#14 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

The prices do need to drop. If I didn't have to pay $35 for a single mech, I would have bought all the mechs by now.

I believe the term is "Micro transactions." right now even for paint it seems to be more aimed at "Macro Transactions."

#15 Smegmw

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Keep the prices the same but make it an unlock per weight class. At best I keep 2 mechs per chassis and I'm not paying current prices to unlock per chassis or throw away money on a one time pattern.

#16 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Enzane, with all due respect, there is exactly one mech that costs the equivalent of 35$, the 100t hero Boar`s Head. Most are significantly cheaper, and some can be had for the price of a Happy Meal or even a small Frappucino (at least when they go on sale).

While I agree that prices need to come down, people incessantly overstating the argument in this fashion just makes us all look like children and /or cheapskates, and that is most certainly neither the case nor is it beneficial to the cause.

Edited by Zerberus, 26 October 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#17 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Alright then, Lets do the numbers:

Now, Lets calculate that you spent at least $30 on MC. (middle conversion, $30 for 6500 MC)
This means $1 = 216 MC or about 200 MC = $1 Estimated.

Mech - MC cost - $$$ cost
Death's Knell - 1875 - $9.38
X-5 - 3000 - $15.00
Yen-Lo-Wang - 3750 - $18.75
Golden Boy - 4135 - $20.68
Fang - 4500 - $22.50
Flame - 4500 - $22.50
Firebrand - 4875 - $24.38
Ilya Muromets - 5250 - $26.25
Protector - 5625 - $28.13
Dragon Slayer - 6000 - $30.00
Pretty Baby - 6000 - $30.00
Misery - 6375 - $31.88
Heavy Metal - 6750 - $33.75
Boar's Head - 7500 - $37.50

Average Mech Cost:
All Mechs = $350.70
Total Mechs = 14
Average cost = $25.05

So you are right. It's not $35.

However these prices still seem rather high to me.

((PS: and no this isn't a stab at your comment. Just going over the numbers for myself and all those involved.))

Edited by Enzane, 26 October 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#18 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

^^ No worries, I didn`t take it that way, like I said I also feel they`re a bit steep, and it`s actually really nice to see someone actually run the numbers instead of just turning around and running off on a qqsade :P

Edited by Zerberus, 26 October 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#19 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Post1Sascha, on 09 October 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Kind of undecided on this one.

I mean: I do agree that the "unlimited" unlock as it is now is too expensive. Especially when you consider the fact that you can simply use the (weirdly named) "single use" and pay way less.

What does single use mean? i took it to mean you get it for 1 game

That nice hot rod pattern they gave phoenix... well it looks great on the stalker and the catapult and kinda confused on most other mechs as far as i can tell. Should have just let us use it on any mech. If somebody stumps up 750mc for a camo unlock they have payed enough and deserve to get to use it. Maybe they bought a new mech and want to make it look nice.. whatever, its OTT to try and squeeze the player again.

Edited by Burke IV, 26 October 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#20 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 26 October 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

What does single use mean? i took it to mean you get it for 1 game

No, it means you get to use it for that specific mech. UNTIL you switch it out, at which point it`s gone forever IIRC. You can change colors, but will lose the came if you apply another one or revert to default.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users