Timberwolf And Stormcrow Module Slot

Modules

23 replies to this topic

#21 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:53 AM

I have to agree, that it's a peculiar spot to balance a mech. Some players agreed on this 2 years ago as well.

We also talked about, and agreed to remove this dated balancing technique a couple months ago

What I've learned from being PGI's little lab rabbit for over 2 years, is that some things will change, often with no rhyme or reason, and will never be revisited. Quirks are the new balancing tool, so forget about any changes related to modules unless they plan to overhaul that particular mechanism in general.

They never even brought back the 3rd mech module slot to my JR7-K as well (which is way underpowered, even compared to the other Jenners). So now it's just a worse version of the D-variant. I loved my K once, but gave up on hoping, so I sold it to make room for newer more flashy metal thingies. :'(

Edited by DeeHawk, 18 November 2016 - 03:54 AM.

#22 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

View PostJep, on 15 November 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Considering the fact that a number of IS mechs have a total of 5 or even 6 module slots on top of their insane quirks, cooldown times, laser durations, and massive population imbalance, the answer is clear. PGI is simply catering to their biggest client base: the IS. Why else would they continue to allow the IS to still bring more tonnage into Invasion matches despite those same people repeatedly claiming that Clan and IS mechs are now "balanced" against each other after numerous waves of nerfing Clan mechs? What further proof does anyone need that PGI is biased towards the IS and against the Clans?

/facepalm

Edited by Zergling, 23 November 2016 - 03:37 AM.

#23 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:47 AM

When I bought my first Timby I felt like the entire thing wads made of CT and it couldn't get out of its own way, basically on the verge of unplayable! But I persevered, bought 2 more and mastered the chassis, and I have to say there is A LOT to be said for mastering the thing, the difference makes it feel like a completely different mech! Slap on the radar deep, CD module for your big\slow guns, and seismic \info gathering\??? to your liking and you're good to go. While an extra weapon slot would be nice I feel like it'd be too much icing for this particular cake.

#24 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostDeeHawk, on 18 November 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Quirks are the new balancing tool, so forget about any changes related to modules unless they plan to overhaul that particular mechanism in general.

Looking further into PGI's roadmap, I see that Skills as well as Modules will be getting a overhaul in the near future, so it's actually the right time to bring it up again :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users