No replies to this topic

#1 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

I know.... Match Maker complaint threads are a dime a dozen, but this is more of a suggestion thread.

Overall, the current MM is somewhat adequate. It does what it can with the current population using the Tier system, but it's been a while since its been updated and I think it's time PGI refine the system a bit more to improve our gaming experience.

Some of these ideas have already been proposed in other threads, but maybe having them all in one place may be easier for PGI to respond to. Also, this is mainly for the QP queue. The Group queue has a whole set of its own problems, but we won't go into those here.

1. Add Tier 0 (can be invisible) - We all know there are exceptional players out there who can swing the outcome of a match almost all by themselves. I would like to see a way for the MM to recognize these players and make sure they are evenly distributed between the two teams.

2. Add Mech Tiers - At least until PGI finds a way to balance all the mechs (which may not even be a desirable goal), we all know that not all mechs are created equal. A 100-ton Direwolf does not equal a 100-ton Kodiak-3. A Trebuchet is not on par with a Hunchback. MM should take this into consideration when building the teams. Maybe some kind of battle value system. At least don't throw a bunch of Tier 1 mechs on one team and a bunch of Tier 3 mechs on the other, especially with some over-quirk mechs out there.

3. Skill Tree - Until PGI actually change the current skill tree system, MM should also take into consideration that a brand new mech with no efficiencies is not the same as one completely elited. Maybe this should be part of the battle value calculations.

Feel free to add your own suggestions, but please don't turn this into bitter complaint thread. Be constructive.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users