Where's The Love?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Boomer Harrison

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

Hey all,

I'm addressing this message to the really hardcore tech/tactical gurus...

I seem to be seeing practically no interest at all from the community regarding the Cyclops CP-11-P...
Simply because I find Cyclopses to be GORGEOUS ********, I've mastered it, painted it, patterned it and badged mine and I've never done that before for any mech (even after my long-standing polygamous relationship with the quad UAC5 King crab and various Jager concubines)

Why the resentment over the CP-11-P? Isn't this ECM version simply awesome?? I'm a semi-casual player, so there might be some technical aspect I dont yet see about my 90-ton monster.

Loadout:
1x Gauss rifle, effective range 872 meters, 30 rounds
3x ERPPCs, effective range 972 meters
AMS w 1000 rounds
Command console
ECM
XL 340 engine, maxed out at 65kph

Only thing I'm dearly missing is a PPC velocity quirk, but I'm getting the hang of it...

So, in your opinion, what gives? So far, a truly horrible game in this build nets around 250-300 points of damage, average is 450-550, and all time high 1016pts on Grim Plexus...

#2 Galaxie 500

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

Crickets!

I'd love to see responses to such an inspired post. I have a feeling the only reason it isn't getting as many reads or any responses (yet) is that the title of the post said nothing about which 'mech Helenoire is addressing. I don't know if post/thread titles are editable, but that would help.

#3 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

I have the 11-P Cyclops. It's not a bad mech, but it does suffer from similar problems as the Atlas-D: not quite the right mix of hardpoints to make a deadly boat build. 2 Missiles isn't really enough, 2 Ballistics is OK but not astounding, and 4 energy is decent, but they are low mounted in the arms. That being said, it's not a bad mech and it does have ECM, which is always a plus.

I'm always leery of putting a Gauss rifle in a torso - I've had too many games where it seems that the moment the armor is breached, the rifle explodes. But conceptually, Gauss + ERPPC's is good, so if it works for you, cool.

As for the Command Console, meh. Honestly, I don't think it's worth it, but I don't know if your build would benefit from more armor, ammo, or heatsinks. Still, with 3 ERPPC's, I'd bet more heatsinks would be nice. Honestly, all of the targeting computers / Command console things are only afterthoughts most of the time. It seems one is usually better off with more ammo, armor, or heatsinks. About the only exception is BAP or the Clan equivalent when running missiles that require a lock, otherwise ECM can shut you down.

#4 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Love my Cyclops builds, but didn't buy this one 'cause I didn't want to put the tonnage into ECM. The Cyclops is fast enough and agile enough for its weight class that I prefer to load up on weapons+heat sinks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users