Contemplation: Marauder Iic

76 replies to this topic

#61 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

I run a pared down laservomit with a STD engine because I get a kick out of zombie walking around. And most people don't expect it, I've been disengaged so many times after my last side torso blows out and they die to 2 MPLs.

#62 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

my prefer bulds are:

laser vomit: mad IIC- 6er med lasers + 1 er large laser + a 400 xl engine (82 lovely km/h)
dakka dakka: 2 UAC 10 + 2 large pulse lasers
Scorch: 2 UAC10 + 4 SRM6
ECM version: 1 er large laser + 1 large pulse laser+ 2 UAC 10 + a big targeting computer

#63 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:06 AM

Try the Scorch with 2xLBX20 and 4xSRM6+Art. You´ll love it.

#64 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:40 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 06 February 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

Try the Scorch with 2xLBX20 and 4xSRM6+Art. You´ll love it.

whats engine?

#65 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

XL340 with 4t SRM, 4t LBX ammo and 4DHS.

#66 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

MAD-IIC-D with ECM and 2 CUAC 20s, as well as 2 CSRM6s. Works great, and had a Cheetah bounce in front of me. He died.

#67 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

I feel like this chassis overperforms, but is it just me?

#68 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

@krevLL

85 tonnes is one of the best tonnages in the game, ever! Not just for the MW franchise, but in the TT, the Lore, all of Battletech. Not always executed overly well, but, all 85 tonners are solid 'Mechs. Just look at most the 'Mechs that sit in this weight class:

Battlemaster
Black Watch
Crockett/ Katana
Gunslinger
Longbow
Stalker
Tai-Sho
Templar
Warhawk
Marauder IIC
Battlemaster C
Blood Kite
Thunder Stallion
Savage Coyote
Deimos (somehow MW cannon, but not Lore cannon)

These are some of the most iconic 'Mechs in the game, and there are a half dozen or so that I missed, but those are more obscure for most people or up tech versions (Templar III, Stalker II).

Edited by Black Lanner, 21 February 2017 - 02:48 AM.

#69 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

View PostkrevLL, on 19 February 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

I feel like this chassis overperforms, but is it just me?

I don't think it overperformes. It's a damn fine battlemech, that's what it is. Given the right loadout to the right variant it can work wonders constantly. But OP? No. not for my play style anyways.

#70 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

I see this particular configuration doing particularly well for long-range firefights.
MAD-IIC-D

Prohibitively hot, but substantial damage output in a short burst.
SCORCH

Self explanatory
TASTE THE RAINBLASER

I was thinking a mid-range fire support configuration, but there are other possible builds that are better than this.
MAD-IIC-C

Edited by Vaskadar, 22 February 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#71 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Not sure if this build has been covered yet, but it is by far my most productive in it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2114f0dd2f8d099

LBX 10 in each arm, 2 LRM 10's, 2 streak SRM 6, and 2 flamers. Runs reasonably cool and has a sweet spot of 200-396 meters. I tried using 4 Streak SRM 6's, but it limits your damage compared to the 2 LRM 10s, which are really useful or being able to fire over allies if they step in front of you or if enemies find some partial cover. I know someone will tear into me for the flamers, but once you see how quickly you can get an enemy to overheat, you'll start looking for ways to stick them on other mechs.

#72 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 21 February 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

@krevLL
85 tonnes is one of the best tonnages in the game, ever! Not just for the MW franchise, but in the TT, the Lore, all of Battletech. Not always executed overly well, but, all 85 tonners are solid 'Mechs. Just look at most the 'Mechs that sit in this weight class:

True that, and there is also the toughest SOB in all of Battletech with the exception of superheavies: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Osteon

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 26 February 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Not sure if this build has been covered yet, but it is by far my most productive in it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2114f0dd2f8d099

Somewhat surprised to see the heatsinks in the legs instead of engine. Not that I do not do that, but they do gain efficiency there and IMO water is rarely a factor on many maps in MWO, and as it is you do have missile ammo in those ST right next to the engine... Best move it to the legs, people rarely shoot them on heavier mechs these days.

#73 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 26 February 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

True that, and there is also the toughest SOB in all of Battletech with the exception of superheavies: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Osteon

I avoided that one because it is only for the damnable Scientist Revolt, the so called Society... but it is a monster of a 'Mech. The ATMi boat Primary config. is particularly disgusting... as is the F.

Edited by Black Lanner, 01 March 2017 - 02:03 AM.

#74 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 01 March 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

I avoided that one because it is only for the damnable Scientist Revolt, the so called Society... but it is a monster of a 'Mech. The ATMi boat Primary config. is particularly disgusting... as is the F.

Well, the Society tech is mostly quite feasible, and Osteon is the closest thing we get to Battlemaster IIC, other than the actual Battlemaster C and C 2. Still, even the homeworld hardliners seem to be fine with Osteon and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Septicemia as long as they are not packing dezgra tech.

#75 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 01 March 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Well, the Society tech is mostly quite feasible, and Osteon is the closest thing we get to Battlemaster IIC, other than the actual Battlemaster C and C 2. Still, even the homeworld hardliners seem to be fine with Osteon and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Septicemia as long as they are not packing dezgra tech.

The Battlemaster C and C-2 are pretty epic... They should made Champion 'Mechs in MWO.

In the TT, the Society play is purely for those players who want to play with some of the best tech in the game, but want to opt out of the honor... the honor is what I personally love about the Clans. It pisses me off when players running Clan unit make no attempt at playing with honor.

On the Flipside, when playing I.S., I prefer to run Mercs over House units

Anyways, Back to my OP, The D isn't as popular as I expected... does anyone run often? Or is most everybody Scorch- Happy?

Edited by Black Lanner, 04 March 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#76 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 04 March 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Anyways, Back to my OP, The D isn't as popular as I expected... does anyone run often? Or is most everybody Scorch- Happy?

Well, the D is penalised by 340 engine cap for having ECM (already penalised in and of itself), so it can go 65-69 kph, just like the Warhawk. It could still matter before ECM range nerf, to make the team stick to it and cover it, but as it is all other Marauders with their top speed of non-mastered Timber Wolf just kick the chair out of it.

#77 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 05 March 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Well, the D is penalised by 340 engine cap for having ECM (already penalised in and of itself), so it can go 65-69 kph, just like the Warhawk. It could still matter before ECM range nerf, to make the team stick to it and cover it, but as it is all other Marauders with their top speed of non-mastered Timber Wolf just kick the chair out of it.

I wonder how the final PTS model with shift this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users