Kfx Hero Griping And New Mech Theorizing.

BattleMechs Balance

8 replies to this topic

#1 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:33 PM

So, unfortunately, as we predicted, KFX "Purifier" has high-mounted energy hardpoints. Really PGI? You take the KFX, a down-on-it's-luck Clan light, go through all the trouble of making some good Omnipods for it, and then Paywall them. Really? Thats ********. The KFX already had trouble competing with the Adder, and then you go and make it "Pay to not suck", while at the same time putting the Adder one step ahead with it's hero, the Cinder, by giving it better quirks, a way better paint scheme, and a new way to run the Boomsnake. PGI, come on. Allow use to buy the vital Omnipods from the Mechlab with MC. That would solve a good portion of these problems.

Now, on to more pleasant topics. In a recent podcast with NGNG, Russ mentioned that we will be getting a mech with "Something new" in December and, at long last, a new Light mech in January. As for what those mechs are, well, I have a couple ideas. Considering the most recent release (Assassin), December's mech is going to be a Clan mech. This limits what "New thing" we'll be getting. Most likely, we'll be getting some new type of quirk that will be either entirely pointless(See Cyclops sensor range quirk), or brokenly OP/required for many mechs to function (See promised Ammo Quirk for Summoner). However, there is a possibility, however small, that PGI will get off their lazy ***** and make some new type of weapon, like the community has been wanting for months. (NOTE: Before a certain moronic faction bombards this thread with predictions for the Knockoff MK2, no, just no. PGI is never going to release that mech unless MWO is in imminent danger of dying, just to make a quick buck before it all goes down.)

As for January's Light mech, which will be IS, my gut instinct tells me that it will probably be something like the Javelin, the Firefly(ME WANT), Or (Possibly) the Flea.

Edited by Requiemking, 15 November 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:08 AM

pay2win is real. i figured that out when i bought my ilya. i noticed no mech in the game could run more than 2 ac10s, but i noticed you can get 3 on the ilya. thats the easiest pile of cash pgi has ever made out of me. actually i do not think its a bad thing, it adds diversity to what is a stale game, a new challenge on the battlefield for those too cheap or to stubborn to shell out.

can you pay2win me some new weapons? i got a fist full of bills and its either pgi or the liquor store. few mc here few mc there. whats that the price of a coke here or bag of chips there, you probibly dont need the calories (i know i dont). and if you are still in abject poverty, save your mc for 4 or 5 events, and then buy new guns. im dirt poor and i could swing the ultraviolet (im loving 8gun and all those uac2/lb2 buffs) and a few more heros and mech bays on sale soon.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 November 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#3 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:17 AM

I mean if you don't mind losing out on AMS, you can do literally everything the kitfox hero does and do it better with an arctic cheetah.

#4 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostTibbnak, on 16 November 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

I mean if you don't mind losing out on AMS, you can do literally everything the kitfox hero does and do it better with an arctic cheetah.

Can you do Pokefox? (Dual CERPPCs)

#5 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:04 AM

The torso pitch on the purifier is absolutely abysmal, I don't care if it has high mounts, the thing can't shoot very well up or down.

#6 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 16 November 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Can you do Pokefox? (Dual CERPPCs)

I used to do it when it came out; before ppc big nerf.
It's fun.

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:10 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 16 November 2016 - 01:44 AM, said:

I used to do it when it came out; before ppc big nerf.
It's fun.

It's my usual build for the KFX.

And honestly, if I'm doing dual ERPPCs on it, the very last thing I would do is put it on a Purifier. The high mount is nice, but being able to snap-shot with it using the arms is better. KFX-S RA has got the same dual mount at cockpit level (if a bit to the right), and this also leaves you free to use the 10% heat reduction ST pods, which means that you get much better sustained DPS out of them than on a ST-mounted Purifier KFX.

It also prevents you from effectively shooting down UAVs.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostTibbnak, on 16 November 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Well, not exactly.

The hero Fox can have 4 high-mounted beams instead of 2, along with having a few paltry quirks on the side. The Cheeto has basically no quirks and has to rely on fragile arms for its firepower.

The Cheeto is probably still the winner at the end of the day thanks to mobility, but it's not as "omg godlike" as the general public insists that it is.

Being able to have C-Bill versions of the Purifier ST pods would be nice, but that might cut into PGI's revenue stream from desperate KFX users who just want to be viable.

Edited by FupDup, 16 November 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#9 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

The purifier has advantages and drawbacks as already pointed out, my 2 Er LL, 5 er SL is a great little poke machine but it can't fight elevated targets worth crap. If you think the advantage is worth it than buy it, if not than really just don't it's not like it's breaking open the kit fox game to new levels. In a month or so it'll fade again like the other kit foxes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users