#21 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 07 December 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

I will post my build. I tried a full SRMs build BUT usually I was shot down before I get in contact with enemies. I did not tried with a big XL engine but with a STD one thought...

You gotta be sneaky with a splat mech. Stay behind cover and don't let the enemy see you until they are within SRM range.

#22 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

My CP-10-Q build:
2 x LLs
2 x LRM15
4 x SRM4
6 tons LRM ammo
4 tons SRM ammo
XL 350

Gonna try the Terciel's build now :)

#23 Leonidas the First

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

The ultimate purpose of the mech should help determine the particulars of the build.

If you want to pug for max damage then regular SRMs do fine. If you are using in an FW unit where victory comes first then Artemis is important becasue you will focus damage better and drop targets faster. I have test several variations of the Stalker 5M build with SRM 4s, SRM 6s, and A-SRM 4s and A-SRM 6s by lining up the Cataphract on the Mining Collective in the Testing Grounds making sure I was the same distance and had the same spot targeted.

Using SRM 6s frees up tonnage for a little extra energy punch and maybe a little more damage than A-SRM 6s, but the A-SRM 6's will drop a target faster. The PUGing rewards would be pretty similar since you are more apt to destroy components and get kills even with a little less damage. Using 5 A-SRM 4s dropped targets in the exact same amount of time while using less ammo than 4 A-SRM 6s becasue of faster cycle time and better ammo focus. This also reduces the amount of ammo you have to pack or extends the life of you ammo.

If you are adept at modifying your drop deck quickly, then you can use an all short range mech with high heat efficiency in just the right placed to maximize its capabilities. Using 4 A-SRM 4s with 5 SML pulse, which cycle well together, I would use it on defense in special spots. On Sulfurous I stand with my back to one of the platforms by gate B facing the Omega platform and when a couple enemy go by a wreck them through the back in about 3 seconds and 120 points of damage. It can launch several full blasts without heat issues. If they try to turn and face me my team drops them before they can cause much damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users