10 replies to this topic

#1 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

Not sure if I'm missing the thread on this but the Linebacker armor quirks are messed up. The A is missing it's LT armor quirk, and the B is missing it's Right Arm Quirks. I don't have the hero or the reinforcements, anyone have them?

#2 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

???

The A's LT and the B's Right arm look good to me.

The A's RT, and the B's Left arm don't have quirks, but these are intentional. As Per the doc that came out with the patch notes.

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:12 AM

Still doesn't seem very clear as to why the pods are quirked with some absent....unless...
I could switch out some pods get full structure bonuses, but lose offensive quirks, and have a tough brawler.

#4 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostSpiralFace, on 15 November 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

???

The A's LT and the B's Right arm look good to me.

The A's RT, and the B's Left arm don't have quirks, but these are intentional. As Per the doc that came out with the patch notes.

I was going off this, which says the armor bonuses are supposed to be throughout.

https://static.mwome...6329d619345.jpg

Also super stupid if one Torso has armor quirks and the other doesn't.

#5 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:04 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 16 November 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

Still doesn't seem very clear as to why the pods are quirked with some absent....unless...
I could switch out some pods get full structure bonuses, but lose offensive quirks, and have a tough brawler.

I don't think the Linebacker has the armor, hardpoints or heat management to really brawl well. I find it best at medium to long range engagements, where you can rely on trading from cover. Despite the quirks and armor, It doesn't seem like it can take that much punishment, compared to the Ebon, Mad Dog, or hellbringer. The speed and acceleration make it good at responding quickly to situational changes and getting in and out of cover.

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 16 November 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

I was going off this, which says the armor bonuses are supposed to be throughout.

https://static.mwome...6329d619345.jpg

Also super stupid if one Torso has armor quirks and the other doesn't.

agreed, willing to bet it absolutely has to do with available hardpoints.

1 energy in the LT? sure here's 8 points of structure
2 whopping energy points in the LT that you can barely run optimally? NO FRIGGING STRUCTURE FOR YOU!!!!!

Edited by JackalBeast, 17 November 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#7 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

The lack of armor on the A RT and the B LA are intentional, you are trading armor for hardpoints and feels perfectly balanced and logical to me.

#8 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 17 November 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

I don't think the Linebacker has the armor, hardpoints or heat management to really brawl well. I find it best at medium to long range engagements, where you can rely on trading from cover. Despite the quirks and armor, It doesn't seem like it can take that much punishment, compared to the Ebon, Mad Dog, or hellbringer. The speed and acceleration make it good at responding quickly to situational changes and getting in and out of cover.

I would have to disagree with you on its durability, the extra armor coupled with its amazing speed and agility, imho , makes it far more of a threat than even a timber wolf at all ranges. Try playing lights for a few weeks then go back to the Linebacker and you'll see what I mean.

#9 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

I may not have said it in this thread, but I acknowledge its speed and maneuverability. They are excellent, and I'm coming directly out of mastering an arctic cheetah and stormcrow (in that order) So I dig what you're getting at. Without the weapons of the TBR or heat management slots, though, My review is that the low DPS at close range vs. armor tonnage makes it not ideal at Brawling. Controlled retreat & Trading, absolutely, Brawling is tricky though. I just did a quick search for some data to back my thoughts up, Here's some Quantative evidence. Armor on the Linbacker variants is 384 Max, Hellbringer is 422 Max. both are 65T mechs. I'd be curious to compare it to the MD or EJ also. but I can't look at that now, maybe this evening.

#10 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

According to my support email discussion so far, it's supposed to match the link I shared.

#11 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

View PostBigScwerl, on 17 November 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

4 srm 4+A with 4 small pulses and, extra heat sink and 3 tons of ammo; incredibly fast and agile; better hitboxes than a t wolf in close quarters combat; and it doesn't brawl well?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e6bdb5a7bdcd930

or straight up splat:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...26b8c7a72112395

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 17 November 2016 - 10:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users