Kerensky Bowl November Event

421 replies to this topic

#421 QuickSpoon

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

Well it took some time but PGI managed to design a good, balanced event. No rush. Encouraging lancing up (if thats a word) and the reward for completionist. Icing on the cake.

Thank you very much. Love the hunchie chassi and wouldn't have the option to buy GI if it wasn't for this event.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

PS:
Disregard haters that just hate without good reason.

#422 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

Hello again, everyone. I've just finished catching up with this thread after being stuck in a grind IRL that's kept me from staying 'Up-To-Speed'. About darn time, too... I bet PGI's been waiting to see what I would remark about the Event. :mellow:

Anyway, I liked the Event, I think... Give or take a few things. :unsure:

Frankly, I don't get what was up with their increasing the Daily Requirement from 10 to 12, out of 14. They really should not have upped that one, particularly since they then forgot to give a recovery path where you get the current day and then can score in for previous days. PGI, if you're reading and listening, go back to only needing 10 out of 14 on this one. Otherwise, provide the ability to score on missed days after completing the current one. I noticed you've already drawn some salt from others on this issue, and I had to go so far as flipping my sleep schedule upside-down to go for the max. You did it right when you only asked for 10 of 14, so please never do 12 of 14 again. :(

Second off, asking for 150 Components Destroyed is kind of a bit much. That's a tad too grindy. PGI, next time you ask for so much, keep it to only about 120, alright? I've already read the headaches, and I almost thought I wouldn't be able to get this one at least 3 times during that Event. :wacko:

Finally, 3 Days Of Active Premium Time for a single KMDD on a Linebacker? Sure, I appreciate the thought. However, is there any chance we could get an option in the future to get an equivalent amount of non-discounted Mech Bays instead? Some people don't really have the ability to no-life on MWO quite so heavily, and I really shouldn't have been no-lifing during that last Event. I would have gladly traded those 3 Days Of Premium for only 2 Mech Bays. Sure, it means I wouldn't have gotten a boosted chunk of and XP, but I would have been fine with trading that for having the future space in my Mech Bay Stables, even though it means I would have only experienced the positive effects later. ;)

Other than that, I thought the Event was rather good. I'll give it an 8/10, and hope PGI will do better with the next Event's designing. I completed things, got my Grid Iron, and even went so far as to complete a build on my shiny new Mech. It's quite the nice Support-style build, too. :D

~Mr. D. V. "Oddly-Built Support" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users