Atlas As7-S(L), I Don't Want It, How Do I Get Rid Of It?

24 replies to this topic

#1 babybird

Rookie

• The Bold
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

So I guess I got an Atlas as a reward for buying some premium content a while back. I know that I don't have to drive it and it came with a free mech bay so it doesn't even really waste any space I already had. The thing is, I can't stand the thing. I put the biggest engine I own in it (a 320) and its still unbearably slow. I could complain for days about that mech...

I can't seem to sell it. It drives me crazy that it just sits there in my garage and no build I can come up with makes it enjoyable on every map. I'm never going to drop 2.2 million credits to get a bigger engine. I'm never going to punish myself by buying 2 more Atlases and unlocking speed tweak. I just want to sell it. Why can't I ******* sell it?!

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

Because reasons.

#3 Valdae Levien

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:57 AM

The AS7 is pretty killer, if you can close the distance with the right loadout you can pretty much blow off any part of an enemy mech with an accurate alpha. That said, I understand it's not everyones cup of tea. For some reason I have 2 unselloable centurians, crabs, and AS7's. What I wouldn't give to sell them!

#4 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

According to PGI logic, if you cannot buy a mech, then you cannot sell it.

I have two CN9-AH(L) and I wish to sell one of them, to get C-Bills and free mechbay.

#5 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:10 AM

If you really want to get rid of a mech, you can ask support@mwomercs.com nicely. They might be willing to help you.

#6 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

View Postbabybird, on 04 March 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

I can't seem to sell it. It drives me crazy that it just sits there in my garage and no build I can come up with makes it enjoyable on every map. I'm never going to drop 2.2 million credits to get a bigger engine. I'm never going to punish myself by buying 2 more Atlases and unlocking speed tweak.

There's your problem really. Atlasses become a lot better with Speed Tweak and the double Basics that come from finishing the Elite skills. For the rest, what Egomane said.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

So I guess I got an Atlas as a reward for buying some premium content a while back. I know that I don't have to drive it and it came with a free mech bay so it doesn't even really waste any space I already had. The thing is, I can't stand the thing. I put the biggest engine I own in it (a 320) and its still unbearably slow. I could complain for days about that mech...

I can't seem to sell it. It drives me crazy that it just sits there in my garage and no build I can come up with makes it enjoyable on every map. I'm never going to drop 2.2 million credits to get a bigger engine. I'm never going to punish myself by buying 2 more Atlases and unlocking speed tweak. I just want to sell it. Why can't I ******* sell it?!

Alexander Garden, someone working at PGI (and frequently responding in regards to support and issue threads), has said something to the effect of this:
"If for any reason you do not want (duplicates of) your loyalty mechs, contact support@mwomercs.com with the subject header Loyalty Mech Removal." In doing so there's no cbill/MC compensation (do not know if you get to keep the mechbay but I wouldn't expect it).

However, if this is your ONLY Atlas, that's why it is so slow. It will move more like a brand new Heavy mech once you've elited its skill tree.

I've had an Atlas going 64.8 kph and I gotta say that's fun (I own all the Atlases EXCEPT the D-DC). Not sure if the S can go that fast however. It's also got a 30% cbill bonus, so it's basically like a free hero mech.

I suggest giving it a few more chances before making your decision.

Edited by Koniving, 04 March 2015 - 04:37 AM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:34 AM

For others considering Atlases... >.>
You haven't seen slow until you've gone back in time to play the closed beta Atlas... most people reduced the engine size to carry cooling/weapons/ammo/etc. 32.8 kph and slower was the typical Atlas, and one that was fast was also terrifying.

Chase Cam of an Atlas Tanking ungodly abuse with 6 kills (out of 8 enemies).
Fast Atlases (Kon and Shar) mowing down the competition in one march.
Kon plays seriously (a rare event), dealing with the issues of a turret-filled River City, and in the second match charging to blast through 3 Misery meta death machines (4 Stalkers total) back to back. Color palette changes are not in game, post-editing effects due to boredom with night/thermal in the first map.

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

The Atlas S is a fantastic brawler, possibly even the best Atlas available. I'd keep it around for when you feel like learning how to play assaults and wished you didn't get rid of that free Atlas that you got... for free. I mean, ... it's free. And it's a good variant.

#10 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

/signed.

Keep the Atlas until you're ready to learn how to play them. Buy two more, elite them, then you can see how an Assault mech really works. Or let someone you try out their elited Atlas account. It's a different beast.

#11 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

I would really like to be able to gift those free mechs away.

#12 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

I find this hatred of free things baffling. Maybe you will appreciate Atlases when a S model blows your face off in one alpha or the enemy team successfully flanks under cover of a DDC.

Why would you want to get rid of a C-bill boosted mech? Do you feel you are too rich?

Gauss + ER/LLAS or AC-20 + LRMs are both ways of getting around mobility problems. The S is blessed with many hardpoints. I really doubt you have tried everything.

Edited by Spheroid, 04 March 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#13 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 March 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

If you really want to get rid of a mech, you can ask support@mwomercs.com nicely. They might be willing to help you.

"Might be willing to help you" sounds like they "might also spit in your face and say 'DEAL WITH IT' and walk away", though. :o

Although from what I gather I think they would not do such a thing, since it is bad for business. :P

I am only teasing you, E, I know you did not mean it like that. ^_^

#14 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 04 March 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

"Might be willing to help you" sounds like they "might also spit in your face and say 'DEAL WITH IT' and walk away", though. :o

Although from what I gather I think they would not do such a thing, since it is bad for business. :P

I am only teasing you, E, I know you did not mean it like that. ^_^

Even without the explanation I would have gotten the tease. :)

I deliberatly limited it that way because, as always, the tone makes the music. If someone makes such an request in a completly insulting or otherwise massivly unreasonable way, I would totally understand it if support would deny the request.

But I know Alex and the rest of the team. They will do it even if the request is made in such a way. I just wanted to increase the chance, that anyone who wants to write such a ticket will stay polite.

#15 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

I have 2 of each of the AH, 7S, and KGC-000. Do what I did, just strip it and leave it alone. It stands out because of the big Red "Invalid" across the bay. There are other chassis I own I don't run for various reasons, so I just strip them so I can easily avoid clicking on them when I'm searching for something else.

I hope one day to have a filter in the Mech lab where you can filter out Invalid loadouts, problem solved.

#16 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

OP, I'll take your free 'mech if you don't want it :P

As a newbie I always appreciate new stuff to play with and learn.

#17 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hey, don't talk so badly about the Atlas. Granted its not everyones cup of tea, but its a pretty decent mech. As others have said, getting it elited will incredibly change its performance. And even if you dont like that one, you can get yourself the superior D-DC, and I would recommend getting the Boar's Head hero mech. the Boars Head comes with an XL 400 engine, so with speed tweak, hits over 71kph. The D-DC version can equip an ECM which greatly improves the atlas's survivability.

#18 Atreides76

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationThe Liberal cesspool that is Downtown Toronto.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

I just want to sell it.

If PGI permitted selling to players, I'd very, very happily buy it from you. I love Atlas'.

#19 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

Relax.

Once the mechs become available for C-Bills, you will be able to sell it for C-Bills. Until then, enjoy your vanity item. ;)

#20 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Some time after I started playing, there were several (F)ounders upset in the forum because they had sold off their (F) mechs
(Due to meta changes "making them worthless")

Meta swung around again, and they regretted selling them
(Seriously, Hunchbacks have bounced between high-tier and "worthless" at least 3 times since I started playing)

As the feedback forum flooded with requests to get them back (among other things related)
PGI made it so that unique chassis (Such as the (F) or (I) mechs) cannot be sold.

You can (as Ego mentioned) get in contact with Support about it - and frequently get it "dealt with"
(Especially if you are polite about it)

But it is a one-way decision.
Once gone, you are NOT getting it back.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 04 March 2015 - 10:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users