25 replies to this topic

#21 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 23 November 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

But you have to confess sometimes the winning is no longer really achieveable.

Even if your chances of victory are really slim, still do your best.
First, it's the appropriate spirit. Second, it will make you better over time. Third, who knows, you might even win.

#22 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:47 AM

I recently got a record game with Mist Lynx. On HPG manifold, I went sniping on the walls like always with my 2xER-L. Unlike on usual landslide, the enemy didn't push hard and our team didn't play particularly bad, but they gradually blew away our whole team while losing only two mechs. It was about 8 minutes left on the battle when I was last.

I had absolutely no chance to win but managed to keep on sniping for very long until I died from overheat, with about 1 minute left on the clock. Many of the enemy mechs were in good health, but I managed to grind one King Crab with "solo kill" archivement. Though he had likely taken plenty of damage from others as well, because he had top damage of his team, about 700. I saw few weak mechs but they ran to basement or other cover. In the end I nearly got a Linebacker I managed to cripple by blowing out his ST and most weapons, until the overheat got me.

I made a total of 1200 damage, which is really a lot for Mist Lynx specially considering maybe 60%-70% of it was done when I was last one left. So sometimes even when you have no chance to win, you can do something really nice.

#23 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

So running around or hiding until the clock runs out so you don't get killed is illegal?

#24 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:38 AM

That depends on the situation, if you surviving could win the match then no,

if you are the last Mech and have not partisipated in the game running and hiding is non participation and is against the rules

If however the mode is Conquest and your team can win by caps it us absolutely fine for you to hide in the hopes that the enemy ate not intelligent enough to realise they need to take all the caps

On Domination it does not matter because assuming the enemy are not complete id10ts they will just have someone stand in the cap zone while the others try to find you, and there is a simular thing with the bases in assualt mode.

If in invasion the "attackers" decide not to so they can tie up a good team, for half an hour then that is definately against the code

#25 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostKmieciu, on 24 November 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

You don't have to watch. If you died, you can disconnect and go play another match. You will get all the rewards when the previous match ended.

Kill assists and rewards will not received at this case as I know.

#26 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 25 November 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

Kill assists and rewards will not received at this case as I know.

They are, all the rewards are counted after the fight ends.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 25 November 2016 - 02:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users