Adding Artillery

No replies to this topic

#1 Toxked

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

Adding Sniper & Thumper artillery. Mount then in mechs with the splash damage from each shot. They can be used in direct fire and fire in an arc to hit targets at range or behind terrain. I think it would add an element to the game.
I can see the Thumper with a 4o set load time and the Sniper a full min. At range firing in a high ark with a 15 secant or so flight time and
With ECM it seems LRM are not the long range support they once were. It seems to me the game has just become a line of sight shooter now.
Several ways they could be implemented.
Aiming with direct fire with the shot autocratically arching to hit the spot as the rang changes. Pressing a button could let a player see in x-ray aiming go through buildings or hills. And give a range or where the round will land. Players can go off the range for spotted targets to try and land shots.

Slots would need to be places through out the mech over flowing from arm to torso etc.
With heat, weight and load time I don't see it being off balancing. The mech would need to be purpose built and not a side weapon for a mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users