Stalker 3L, New Weapon Hard Points?

7 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

title kinda says it all, Why was this changed, was there any word about this? I have not played much in about 3 weeks..

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

There is no STK-3L so I'm guessing you mean the STK-3FB(L).

From the latest patch notes it mentions removing the side torso missile hard points, as they were never listed for this 'mech

#3 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

The 3Fb have no missiles in the torsos. The change correctly reflects the canon design from tabletop. It was an oversight in programing that also saw the Cataphract-3L receive a head missile were none should be present.

The stats in game now correctly match those as described in the loyalty reward program FAQ posted several months ago.

Edited by Spheroid, 20 November 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

I guess I'm wrong but I thought I remembered that it had 4 Missile hardpoints before it came out. I bought the Warhammers to get this. And I wanted it to be my first real LRM boat. I cannot prove it but I still think it USED to say it had 4 missile hardpoints.

I would not have wanted it if only had two.

And I hated losing those 2 extra missile hardpoints.

#5 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

Well you'll still need 2 other Stalkers in order to Master them, or at least Elite them. You'll want this for the doubled Elite bonusses for the Basic Heat skills alone as Missile boats run hot!

So just make one of those other Stalkers a dedicated missile boat.

#6 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:25 AM

Buy the 5m for your mastery. That's the missile boat variant. It's better quirked and has 5 slots

#7 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostBohxim, on 21 November 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

Buy the 5m for your mastery. That's the missile boat variant. It's better quirked and has 5 slots

Yea the 5M is great for LRM's.. 4X LRM10artemis + narc, with 3 ML's and a tag.. very good missile combo.. get in there just behind your brawlers and lob tons of missiles over their heads and take on some tanking while you are at it..

to the others,, guess i missed it in the patch notes.. I just know it was messed up when i went to launch it.. as it was the mech i used all through the Halloween event with that load out, and didn't know what was wrong with it.

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:05 AM

I did get the other two and since I cannot torso twist they sort of work for me.

I would swear that the L did have 4 missile hardpoints.

I admit, I love the ECM when LRMing. I try to LRM within 4-600 Meters and use direct fire. It helps if you cannot be quickly targetted.

But I'm ready to try to cut it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users