#1 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

The Goal of this guide is to supply new pilots and old pilots alike with the tools you need to succeed in Mechwarrior Online. First and foremost, you need to develop thick skin, this game has a very steep learning curve, so come to terms with having your Mechs armor shred to pieces.

These lessons can actually transcribe to all aspects of your life and will help you become a better person. Remember we are all human and make mistakes. Learning from these mistakes is part of being a operator. Remember things that work for some people will not always work for you. Experiment with the weaponry and Mechs. Try new things and find out what best fits for your play style.

Always consider that rock, paper, scissors effect when it comes to the game. Learn your strengths and weaknesses, and do the most to capitalize your strengths. Not only learn your strengths but also take the time to discover your opponents strengths. By gaining knowledge through reading or talking with other fellow mechwarriors is a great way to gain insight into the inner workings of this game.

Always be striving for improvement and constantly learning. By discussing strategy and tactics with other mechwarriors/people you may learn something to give you the advantage you need to go from being an semi ok pilot to a complete doomsday machine capable of eliminating all opposition in your path.

By strengthing your mental fortitude(will) and maintaining a positive outlook no matter the outcome of a match will help you grow. By placing your self in the brawl gauntlet and coming out alive with minimal damage can be very gratifying. It's very important to know that despite adversity and setbacks blaming other people will not get you anywhere. Try to remember the situation that put you at a disadvantage and do your best to not let that happen again.

Overcoming two people on your team disconnecting or spamming voice chat can be a hindrance. Also being knocked down in a fist fight can be a deal breaker, think with your mind how you can improve and not be knocked down again. In this situation led to A and I want to B to happen in my favor how can I rally my team to fight with me instead of against me.

Different approaches and outlooks can be the difference between winning and losing. The important part is to remember you gain nothing by blaming others true growth comes from internal circumstances and your ability to grow/adapt. I have always been taught that we learn more from our losses then we do from our wins. The same holds true here. Being able to withstand the brunt of an enemy teams Nascar with solid cover and hill peaking is possible. Every strategy has a counter strategy/tactic.

Prepare yourself for anything that comes your way and find a way to communicate with your team quickly and concisely. For example, say you get a drop with a tier one drop commander, who has an inate charismatic way of talking that spurs you to rise above your current skill and win. Remember and listen how they make their calls/ team suggestions. Then try to incorporate your knowledge and in game awareness to your teamates politely and with optimism. Talking in game can confuse your teamates if you speak with uncertainty so be careful not to say to much.

Picture yourself as an amoeba and your soaking up combat data active and inactive as fast as possible. Being able to mold yourself like water and adapting to your combat environment will greatly improve your longevity and win ratio.

All in all stay positive and don't be toxic. Try new things and don't be discouraged if you make a bad call.. all commanders do. It's their ability to learn from such call is what defines what type of player and teamate you will be.

~Natred

Edited by Natred, 21 November 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

paragraphs please

#3 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hope this is better for you and easier to read. Thanks for the suggestion.

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

good stuff for problem solving in general.

I like the reference to "Rock paper scissors" which I find is very applicable to this game.

#5 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

Absolutely Boogie138, with the community being over run by former competetive league of Legends and counterstrike players. Like myself, I hope I can shed some light on proper mental attitude for success and perserverence.

To know thyself is to know thy enemy. Also respecting thy enemy is respecting oneself. By striving to improve and learn, is how to grow. I want the community to blossom as a whole and for all of us to appreciate each other. By mutually respecting each other and forging everlasting friendships through positive competition. Building each other up with productive criticism and owning up to our mistakes.

Common flaw in today's youth being cocky self-righteousness never wrong self centered attitude. Often times they are miss guided and need a nudge in the right direction.. again I know I'm not perfect and I get emotionally attached and involved. That is part of being human. Someone took the time to share these words of encouragement with me and I want everyone in the mechwarrior community to hear the good word.

Even if one person reads this post and it helps them develop the right mental attitude to be the best they can be then I will have done my job. Let's strive to keep the community positive and uplifting.

#6 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:46 AM

View PostNatred, on 21 November 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Common flaw in today's youth being cocky self-righteousness never wrong self centered attitude.

That has nothing to do with 'today', you just desrcibed 'youth' (take off the rose-tinted glasses when thinking of your own youth). Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:38 AM

I was a confident tough Lil hellion in my time. Like I know I have always been fast since I was a kid. 4.5 40 yard dash fast.. so I always played to my strengths in wrestling, track and football. Sometimes my over confidence got me into trouble.. such is life. I'm just trying to pass on some words to wisdom and important life lessons here which can applied to mechwarrior and pretty much anything else

Edited by Natred, 22 November 2016 - 07:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users