Guide

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

For new players flush with mc from event and sale-bonus. And anyone who wants to spend efficiently/economically.

Starting nov 26, there is an mech exp -> g exp conversion event. As you spend mc to convert excess (or whatever) mech variant specific exp to module and general purpose exp, you activate reward tiers (listed on the event page).

Buy spending 1000mc, you get the first few tiers worth of cockpit item bonuses (phoenix gold set), 1 day active premium time (which will help you earn more exp to convert), and 16 cool shot (6?), air strike, and uav consumables.

That's pretty worthwhile.

Thereafter, however, each 1000 mc you spend converting exp nets you 1.1 million cbills.

you can also buy 1.1 million cbills in the in game store for 800 mc.

800 mc is less than 1000 mc (some people may need this pointed out).

Admittedly:
1) you are also converting exp, and that's worth something
2) You need to 'purchase' the intermediate tiers of rewards to get to the last two tiers of rewards.

In response:

1) yes, but unless you really hate grinding g exp (and you get stacking gexp bonuses during that part of the event), it's still a bad deal.

In fact, that deal gets worse because the game store also sells 2.4million cbills for 1600 (which is 1.2million for 800 mc... spending less to get more) and 6.5million cbills for 4000 (1.5million for 800 mc). And subsequent tiers are 2000 mc to gain 1.1 million cbills.

I mean... at a certain point, come on... 6.6 million cbills for 6000 mc, or 6.5 million cbills for 4000 mc.

How much gexp do you really need there? Or, what's your grind annoyance/mc cost worth to you?

2) true. But let's do some more maths.

Pakhet idol: 750 mc
Pyramid warhorn: 750 mc

1 mech bay: 150 mc* (given that the 50% off sale will be running; otherwise 300mc)
1 atlas head standing item: 750 (note, that is not the atlas head ultimate, which is not purchasable)
1kdk head standing item: 750 (likewise; there is no indication whatsoever that either head is the ultimate and I would bet against it being so).

I mean, however much you want those items, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to just buy them for mc...
instead of spending 18,000 mc to get 9.9 million cbills and 2 items (~ 8700 mc worth) or
spending 20,000 mc to get 11 million cbills and 4 items and 1 mech bay (~11,150 mc worth).

Even if you discount the first 1000mc i suggested, that's still 17,000 and 19,000 mc for about half the value in mc (which, again and admittedly, is essentially setting the value of exp conversion at that high of a level as 0).

I honestly couldn't see that being at all worthwhile UNLESS:

1) You have an incredible hunger for gexp that cannot be satiated through normal gameplay and time, by any means.

2) The much mentioned, little known, upcoming skill and module overhaul makes general exp MUCH more valuable and necessary in HUGE amounts (i mean, 1 million gexp?)

So, make that decision for yourself, but me I can't see it being worthwhile... not unless that table changes drastically (i have 800k - 900k of excess I could convert... 1million if i include non elited amounts)

Edited by Jingseng, 22 November 2016 - 12:54 AM.

#2 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

I have an even better suggestion for new players to use that MC on. Save it all for next week's sale.

Monday to Thursday (Watch the time zones though!!) 50% off mech bays. Posted Image

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

@OP: You should never buy CB for MC. If you have a desire the convert $ to CB, it is more efficient to buy CDA-2A(C)s and sell them back for CB. This is due to a fluke of how champions are priced and the sell value of XL engines.

#4 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostTercieI, on 22 November 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

@OP: You should never buy CB for MC. If you have a desire the convert $ to CB, it is more efficient to buy CDA-2A(C)s and sell them back for CB. This is due to a fluke of how champions are priced and the sell value of XL engines.

I never said I would. Read closely: my point is for those being tempted by cbills into pursuing the exp exchange event, just straight buying cbills would be better for the mc. For myself, I have better things to spend the mc on: mech bays, possibly heroes or bundles depending on the sale details.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostJingseng, on 22 November 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

I never said I would. Read closely: my point is for those being tempted by cbills into pursuing the exp exchange event, just straight buying cbills would be better for the mc. For myself, I have better things to spend the mc on: mech bays, possibly heroes or bundles depending on the sale details.

And yet you recommended a very inefficient way to do it, which is what I was pointing out. "You" was in the sense of "one," though by starting with @OP, that wasn't clear.

So, kids, it's like this: never buy the CB packs even if you want to convert MC to CB.

#6 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:44 AM

Saving MC for mechbays are solid, IF you are sure you will get more mechs. Always nice with backup though.
Second preferrable usage.
Especially with https://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=201611kerensky double
Double exp and double conversion rate.
You could preferebly get a ton of gxp to use on your new mechs. I highly recommend basicing the mechs you have FIRST, even those you are struggling with
. Then use that juicy gxp to Elite them. Never use gxp to basic your mechs and not get them to Master with it either, becuase once mechs are elite, the basic bonuses will get doubled and it should be much easier to grind those 25 k exp to get to master anyway.

If you have some MC to spare, get some colors for your mechs, aswell some camo patterns and possibly warhorns and flags from your homeland Posted Image If you are sure you want a particular pattern for all of your variants of a particular chassi, go for it. But if only one of your mech variants, go for One-shot pattern apply (will get lost if you apply another pattern on it, so think twice) its alot cheaper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users