- - - - -

Additional Resources/advice For Finding A Unit?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Phasmatus

Rookie

• The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Hey guys,

To get straight to the point, I'm having a bit of trouble finding an established, organized MWO unit to join. More specifically, I'd like a Clan Jade Falcon or Clan Wolf unit. I browsed the CJF/CW faction forums on here, and there are a few relevant posts here and there, but a lot of the unit lists are outdated and some no longer exist.

'Looking for Unit' posts on the forums go mostly unanswered. I've hopped on TeamSpeak servers during various times of the day to find them totally vacant. Are there even any active MWO units around? What's the deal? I'm honestly surprised the MWO client itself doesn't offer any functionality in regards to locating units in-game like many other games have begun to do.

I'm a MechWarrior 4 veteran; I played in 'leagues' which were basically third-party, community-driven versions of the Faction Warfare system in MWO, but for MW4. There are certainly differences, but the concept is pretty much the same. Except back then, it wasn't hard for me at all to find a unit to join up with.

I could really use some direction here. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

Try to find somebody in Clan Wolf International (CWI) they had (and I believe still do) an open door policy to newer players.

Not sure about JF loyalists that are open to new players.

You could always just try asking everyone with a CW or JF tag in pug matches.

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:42 AM

Honestly, I'd suggest just creating a throwaway unit, and mercing it up for a few weeks. Figure out whose actually on when you are, and then ask em to add you to their group in LFG, try em out.

~Leone.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

I was in Clan Wolf and left because of a lack of options. And drops.....

There are about 3 and one will not answer you. The others the best thing is to go to the TeamSpeak and you might not be allowed to speak until someone OKs it.

I still have a lot of friends there and I know that some are looking to group up. Instead of stepping up, I crossed over to the dark side on being a Mercenary.

But there is no reason you cannot start a unit of random Wolves. And it would be a good learning experience.

P.S. I just looked to see what freaking Faction I'm in this week. Sad.....

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 23 November 2016 - 01:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users