Sleipnir Build? Dual Ac/20

13 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

I'm looking at the Sleipnir to buy eventually. I was playing with it's builds and came up with a Dual AC/20 build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9e409c31d043b02

It would have a SPL CD module to make the lasers and Missiles sync and put the Ballistics and everything else in a 1-2 ratio of fire. This simplifies fire sequences down drastically. I assume I would use Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor to enhance it's already powerful radar abilities.

What would be good for the 2nd weapons module(SPL range or AC/20 CD?). Which I wish I could use for another type of module.

Would the AC/20 CD help since I would have to chainfire them before alphas. I assume I tap chainfire for both AC/20s then just hit alpha once the first shot fires. I would think the CD mod would put the weapons out of sync as they would be near perfect 1.75 seconds(SPLs+SRM2) and 3.5 seconds(AC/20s) I would think nothing or another range module would be good for either SPLs or machine guns... I would think to go with SPL range so they are not so far behind the other weapons and would have the same max range as the machine guns...

And are there any fundamental flaws in this build?

I was googling and saw one reference to a Sleipnir dual AC/20 build but no actual builds... Is that a bad sign?

Edit: I'm assuming I need to put the machine gun ammo and SRM ammo in the legs to avoid explosions. And put AC/20 ammo in one of the sides and CT as they will drain faster.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dad0414c5b052d8

Edited by Arugela, 22 November 2016 - 08:19 PM.

#2 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:39 AM

Your speed and you machine guns. Also, AC20 and ghost heat - you have to chainfire them increasing your face time and reducing the time to fire your lasers (which you have aim at a different point than you ballistics).

#3 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

Personally Id go quad AC/5s, it just ask for it that thing,

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5bcfa1e9b94a645

Edited by TheLuc, 23 November 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:37 AM

I don't want to be mean, so I'm only going to say this once and then I'm not going to comment on your threads any more: Your builds are, almost without exception, terrible. They are almost always too slow and there are no bonus points for using every hardpoint and slot. In fact, those ideas are traps that lead to bad builds. If you're serious about optimization, rather than ask about which second weapon module to take on a horrible build, you will be much better served spending your time and energy studying the builds on Metamechs, trying some of them out and understanding why they're built the way they are.

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

View PostTercieI, on 23 November 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

I don't want to be mean, so I'm only going to say this once and then I'm not going to comment on your threads any more: Your builds are, almost without exception, terrible.

I actually see some improvement in this one. It actually has a focused purpose for once.

p.s. this version is better. Still not great though.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...79524603667a568

Edited by Boogie138, 23 November 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#6 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 23 November 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

I actually see some improvement in this one. It actually has a focused purpose for once.

<shrug> Too slow for its role and not enough ammo to do anything of use if it manages to arrive. And carrying the worst piece of equipment in MWO for good measure (and to waste 3 tons). Yeah, it's not as schizophrenic as some, but it's still rubbish.

#7 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

the most sound AC/20 I can think of is this,
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...538a2d15c3cecc9

With the current meta the lack of long range can hurt it bad tho

Edited by TheLuc, 23 November 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

I give up.

#9 GrumpyMuppet

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

If you want to run 2x ac20, there are much better mechs to do it with. Catapult k2 comes to mind but I'm sure there are others.

A mech with a range of ~300m and a speed of 55kph relies on bad opponents to be effective. Yes you have the srm and ml's creating a good alpha on paper, but poor convergence, varied projectile velocity and a slow platform will make it hard to give them a good effect.

#10 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

I just made a dual 20 build with my Sleipnir yesterday. In addition to the aforementioned big guns, I also have 3x ML and an SRM6. It drops a nearly 70 point alpha which is nothing to joke about. With a standard 300 and speed tweak, it moves at around 58kph if I so recall (not online to look ATM). I'm also using both modules for the 20s along with radar deprivation.

Heat can be a problem, so fire discipline is a must if you drank them both together. I've only run it a few times so far with that build but it's been brutal on the enemy.

#11 Remillard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:41 AM

Biggest problem I run into with AC/20 is lack of ammunition. Running dual AC/20 would just make it deplete faster. Are you able to take enough? I really wish they'd normalize the damage / ton for AC's. Or at least bump it to 8 rounds / ton so a 1/2 ton splits properly.

#12 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:54 AM

With my build, I'm able to carry 5 tons of ammo. The largest problem I encounter is the lack of critical space and as such, I have to place it in the legs and an additional ton elsewhere. If I wasn't carrying an SRM in the torso, I could pack in another two tons.

Edited by Ghostrider0067, 29 November 2016 - 10:00 AM.

#13 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6d9eb0ff6c20eeb

^

#14 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

The only mech that can run 2x AC20 with any effectiveness in the current meta is the KGC-000. With Modules, it essentially runs both AC 20 on 30% cooldown. The Sleipnir, Mauler, and other IS mechs that can run 2x AC 20, just really can't make them work in the current meta due to ghost heat. However, they aren't the worst builds out there, and 2x AC 20 is always fun to run. With your build, you need to bump up the engine, ditch the machine guns, and ditch the SRM 2. I have to agree with Terciel, your builds seem pretty bad most of the time. Your builds have been so bad, I've begun to think you are just trolling the thread, but for the sake of new players who might be reading these forums, I will comment regardless.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...23e4b9d620b5c46

This is probably what I would run. The mediums give you a little bit of extra light protection, and their is enough ammo to go around. You're a bit slow, but not slow enough that your team will leave you in the dust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users