- - - - -

Premium Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

Not sure where to put this question, because there is not any sort of general questions forums on this site, bit regarding premium time (either bought or earned through an event), but why is it that premium time continue counting down even when you are off-line?
I do not care so much about the premium time given for events and for people who do not pay to play, but when someone buys premium time with real World money, it seems a bit unfair for the premium time counter to continue counting down after you have logged off the game. It really should only be applicable and used when a player is actually on-line and playing the game, otherwise, it just seems like a big rip off for those players who spend real World money for their premium time when half of it goes to waste because they have to log off to sleep or work or even go to school.
Why not make it so that the premium time a player has is only active when a player is actually in a game and when they log off, the premium timer stops until said player logs back in again to play?

#2 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

True it would be better for some. But, in a kind of way, this is taken account in the price of the premium time.

I think the main thing to buy is mechpacks and second MC. Many or most(?) preorder mechpacks have premium time included. I think in most F2P games majority of income comes from a fairly small number of players. They would be the ones buying often meckpacks. So the main clients, in business wise, already stock up a lot of premium time.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

this has been talked about before.. But if timer stopped it would cost way more money than it does now..

Personally i'd like to see both.. an hourly/online only ticker, If you log in, it ticks off at least one hour not a by the min thing.. (something i would probably buy)

the always on.. i think last new years they had the entire year for 50 bucks or something, but seeing i have 2 accounts i didn't buy it.

For me, Best bang for my buck are the 250 MC day passes.. I grab one when i plan on playing for 5+ hours and rake in about 5-6m extra money.. I can do that 10 times for what a month costs, and typically i just don't spend enough time playing in a month to make it worth it. the times i have bought a month pass, i seem not to play much.. So day passes are best for me.

On a side note, i'd love to see a 3 hour pass that cost 125 MC,, those would rock! help level a mech in an evening on the cheap.. Posted Image

Edited by JC Daxion, 23 November 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#4 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

It has always been this way for MWO. I'm sure PGI figures that if you want to maximize your premium time, you'll play more often, which means that you will get hooked on the game and then spend money.

#5 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

I don't know of any online game that works in the manner you describe.

To the best of my knowledge, it is standard practise for an online game to count subscription time in real-world values.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users