333 replies to this topic

#201 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostEast Indy, on 25 November 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Almost all of the most critical posters are still loading up MWO, dropping in matches, and spending cash.

That's a happy ending.

That's generally how it works for a variety of reasons. Some people have so much money they can throw it everywhere without thinking, even if they think they're throwing it into a dumpster fire. Some people just like to complain. Some people aren't critical and are just having a laugh.

And some people have absolutely no conviction whatsoever, and just prefer to delude themselves into thinking they give a crap about the big picture until the next shiny drops.

Posted Image

#202 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PostEast Indy, on 25 November 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Almost all of the most critical posters are still loading up MWO, dropping in matches, and spending cash.

That's a happy ending.

Of course were still playing
But then since this game has not progressed a lot further then the placeholder quick plays were supposed to be
Well it's becoming kinda same ol same ol over the last few years I guess ;-)

But don't be so sure about spending

#203 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

Mechcon will be it, without new content (not 'content' like this damn Clan heros) im out, im not really playing much any more anyway.

Also for 4 different memebers of PGI/NGNG showing up for a little near inconsequential post is ridiculous. Did you guys feel hurt? well im pissed that most of us have been ignored for this long. I cant believe it took what you guys percieve as an insult to actually appear thats sad frankly.

So if mech con is either vague power points of the next 6 months, or transverse 2 or some **** than im out. I mean there should be something being released there almost nothing has changed in 4 months its all 'tell you at mechcon' meaning if at mech con they dont realease actual content then they never will.

#204 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 25 November 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

So if mech con is either vague power points of the next 6 months, or transverse 2 or some **** than im out. I mean there should be something being released there almost nothing has changed in 4 months its all 'tell you at mechcon' meaning if at mech con they dont realease actual content then they never will.

There will be actual things being released
PGI saved up on them the past few months

Now if it is enough of what we all hope?
Not sure, probably not
the list is kinda short and domination is probably a success in the eyes of the higher ups

It's not like IK is going to be saving MWO
It's a small visual update that many players might not even notice

We'll see
But not holding my breath

Tsk
Shame that

#205 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Some people are saying Russ insulted the community. Were you referring to this thread? I went back for a second look and I didn't see anything. Are you talking about some other time? If not then I kinda feel like you guys are looking for a reason to be offended.

I think the reason we got so many posters is likely because Matt saw this and posted, perhaps too quickly and then Russ wanted to clarify with Tina simply popping a joke. So many devs posting is kinda crazy and perhaps it means more but then again maybe it doesn't. It's not healthy to always take the worst interpretation.

I don't think I've seen game presidents post much on the forums for many games tbh. Bioware who is known for responding hardly if ever had their president/founders post in the forums. Even during the heat during the ME3 ending debacle they regularly interacted with the community and that was bigger than us here on the forums.

I do agree more interaction would be appreciated and helpful though. More transparency would clear up quite a bit. @PGI in general, please post more often, it'll do more good than harm. Maybe have Tina check your posts if you're worried about misinterpretation.

#206 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 25 November 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Some people are saying Russ insulted the community. Were you referring to this thread? I went back for a second look and I didn't see anything. Are you talking about some other time? If not then I kinda feel like you guys are looking for a reason to be offended.

I think the reason we got so many posters is likely because Matt saw this and posted, perhaps too quickly and then Russ wanted to clarify with Tina simply popping a joke. So many devs posting is kinda crazy and perhaps it means more but then again maybe it doesn't. It's not healthy to always take the worst interpretation.

I don't think I've seen game presidents post much on the forums for many games tbh. Bioware who is known for responding hardly if ever had their president/founders post in the forums. Even during the heat during the ME3 ending debacle they regularly interacted with the community and that was bigger than us here on the forums.

I do agree more interaction would be appreciated and helpful though. More transparency would clear up quite a bit. @PGI in general, please post more often, it'll do more good than harm. Maybe have Tina check your posts if you're worried about misinterpretation.

I'm trying to cool off, so all I'll say is this.

View PostRestosIII, on 24 November 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

"I don't think anyone at IGP or PGI even realized that our acronyms were each other reversed until you the community pointed it out."

We're customers, not 6 year olds that are particularly slow for their age. No-one that has any respect for who they're talking to would honestly think we would believe that. I'm pretty sure a goddamn dolphin could tell.

#207 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

This thread is the poster child for why the developers don't want to post here.

#208 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 November 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

You know, they really shouldn't. Developer posts should be fairly minimal, and contained to certain areas where questions can be controlled (Not to hide stuff, but to keep stuff focused).

What this thread really demonstrates in two things:

1. The end result of a non-existent developer presence, where the only meaningful information ever presented is done so on Twitter, where there's a God damn word limit, and even those generally can't be trusted.

2. A general lack of professionalism on the part of several of PGIs staff. Not only are the comments from PGi fairly glib and unprofessional, the subject matter is startling - Threads about balance are ignored. Threads about potential improvements are ignored. Threads asking question that any half assed Developer would have answered monthes ago, without even being asked, are ignored. Threads with the names of staff in the titles are ignored. But make a one little statement about a business move that stopped being relevant over two years ago, and suddenly there's blue text everywhere.

Edited by Bombast, 25 November 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#209 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostBombast, on 25 November 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

blue text

Wait, that's blue? I thought it was bright white. Guess my eyes are worse than I thought.

#210 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 25 November 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Wait, that's blue? I thought it was bright white. Guess my eyes are worse than I thought.

I've had my eyes resurfaced under improper conditions. If you think the staff's text is white, then it probably is.

#211 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

View PostBombast, on 25 November 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

I've had my eyes resurfaced under improper conditions. If you think the staff's text is white, then it probably is.

Calling all forum warriors, we need someone with non-terrible eyesight to determine once and for all what color this is. Seriously, we're both stuck.

#212 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

View PostBombast, on 25 November 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

No, he's legit color-blind. The text is blue, actually a cyan color.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 25 November 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#213 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

View PostPrototelis, on 25 November 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Because... we're angry over their lack of posts? They technically caused and contribute to the continuation of this vicious cycle.

Let's be honest. Nobody has been disrespectful or even spiteful, so far. Just disappointed. Very disappointed.

You know, they really shouldn't. Developer posts should be fairly minimal, and contained to certain areas where questions can be controlled (Not to hide stuff, but to keep stuff focused).

1. The end result of a non-existent developer presence, where the only meaningful information ever presented is done so on Twitter, where there's a God damn word limit, and even those generally can't be trusted.

2. A general lack of professionalism on the part of several of PGIs staff. Not only are the comments from PGi fairly glib and unprofessional, the subject matter is startling - Threads about balance are ignored. Threads about potential improvements are ignored. Threads asking question that any half assed Developer would have answered monthes ago, without even being asked, are ignored. Threads with the names of staff in the titles are ignored. But make a one little statement about a business move that stopped being relevant over two years ago, and suddenly there's blue text everywhere.

I, personally am of the opinion that at least the Community Moderator and Russ himself should make more frequent appearances to address concerns and maybe talk with the playerbase but I respect and understand where you're coming from.

#214 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 25 November 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

No, he's legit color-blind. The text is blue, actually a cyan color.

Thanks!

Posted Image

What would I do without you, Yeonne.

Edited by Bombast, 25 November 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#215 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

View Postcazidin, on 25 November 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

Because... we're angry over their lack of posts?

So you insult them a whole bunch when they do show up? How does that make sense?

#216 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

View Postcazidin, on 25 November 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

I, personally am of the opinion that at least the Community Moderator and Russ himself should make more frequent appearances to address concerns and maybe talk with the playerbase but I respect and understand where you're coming from.

Yeah, one would think that it must be somewhere in the job despriction for a community manager to, like, interact with the community?
I mean, no one asks Tina to read and reply all day here on the forums. But at least a sign of life every now and then should be mandatory. It would be funny as hell if it wasn't so sad that the only thing she did here forthe last weeks was to lock a thread in Offtopic that no one had posted in for a month.

#217 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 November 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

So you insult them a whole bunch when they do show up? How does that make sense?

Where are the insults, exactly? This is a serious and sincere question. Where have I or other posters in this thread gone out of their way to insult them beyond questioning their sanity and intellect?

#218 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

View Postcazidin, on 25 November 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

Where are the insults, exactly?

Well, to be fair, I was kind of a ****.

This is a serious and sincere question. Where have I or other posters in this thread gone out of their way to insult them beyond questioning their sanity and intellect?

Posted Image

#219 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

View Postcazidin, on 25 November 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

Where are the insults, exactly? This is a serious and sincere question. Where have I or other posters in this thread gone out of their way to insult them beyond questioning their sanity and intellect?

I'm not going to read the thread for you, lazybones.

#220 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Personally, I couldn't tell you the actual reason why there was a massive PGI response to something that doesn't really register with people too much.

It can only be one of two things...

There's something to hide... because "loose lips sink ships"... the information that we don't know is incriminating or an indictment of PGI in some way... frankly if it was some random comment and it turned into player-made conspiracy theories... there's really no point to respond to them. The actual irony in saying nothing actually to your own benefit in this instance.

The other possibility is that it shows PGI's priorities... where something as pointless in beating a dead horse in IGP... where ignoring everything else besides this IGP-related topic... it's an endemic of PGI has been focusing on... like the minimap update or even the poor initial redesign of CW/FW dropdecks (not worth selling in Phase 3 - could've had a killing in Phase 1). Then again, redesigned cockpit glass is a real priority amiright?

It doesn't matter... it's one of those things that never ceases to boggle the mind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users