• Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Edit-
remember he thought this was important enough to comment personally,
that has to count for something, and im glad he did to set the record Straight,

And THAT is something you point to to suggest we should give him the benefit of the doubt?! Are you serious? How about a comment on ANY aspect of his product being discussed here in the last year -ANYTHING. But his livelihood isn't important enough to comment on (except to tell us to mind our own business because he knows best), but a years old issue about the relationship between IGP and PGI is?! Well shucks, and here I thought I was being irrational.

Edited by Bud Crue, 24 November 2016 - 09:04 PM.

#82 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

Well good thing we have your perception on it. Wouldn't want to mess it up with facts or anything. Just as long as the guy looks like something that Russ wouldn't snatch up.

So you have facts, not just an opinion and suspicions? Then please enlighten me.

#83 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

And THAT is something you point to to suggest we should give him the benefit of the doubt?! Are you serious? How about a comment on ANY aspect of his product being discussed here in the last year -ANYTHING. But his livelihood isn't important enough to comment on (except to tell us to mind our own business because he knows best), but a years old issue about the relationship between IGP and PGI is?! Well shucks, and here I thought I was being irrational.

As the main page keeps oh so helpfully telling us, #MechCon is in just 9 days. Ride it out until then so we can finally decide whether we want to finally just pack all our bags. I'll be fuming until then. I've just got to make sure I don't snap until that point so I can say my goodbyes if things aren't really damn great there.

#84 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

So you have facts, not just an opinion and suspicions? Then please enlighten me.

Well there's the fact you're being a hypocrite with the statement I quoted. Do you have facts to back up your feelings on how Russ feels?

#85 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

Maybe if he interacted with the community more without his NGNG filter, he'd receive more respect.

i agree, but then again perhaps he doesnt have time to come on the Forums too often and Comment,
we all know he uses twitter, but Twitter can easily be installed on a phone and doesnt require much over head to use,
its fast and he does answer what he can when asked on Twitter,

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

im going to point you to my above comment,

remember he is the President of PGI, how many Presidents of game company's talk to their customers?
(yes its over Twitter 90% of the time, but as stated above that could just be for Connivance so he can talk to us)

#86 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

Ok guys, I just made some popcorn, I have opened another blue moon.... Ready to see where this thread goes. Posted Image

Here I could be furthering my odd's on getting a hero mech and a mech bay, yet here I am, that should speak volumes to Russ, and PGI.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 24 November 2016 - 09:12 PM.

#87 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

remember he is the President of PGI, how many Presidents of game company's talk to their customers?

Im sorry Andi, that is in no way, shape or form any kind of defense. This is not the 1980's, communication is key in this day and age and hiding behind a wall and getting other people to do your talking for you is just behind the times and bad business.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 24 November 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#88 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

i agree, but then again perhaps he doesnt have time to come on the Forums too often and Comment,
we all know he uses twitter, but Twitter can easily be installed on a phone and doesnt require much over head to use,

(yes its over Twitter 90% of the time, but as stated above that could just be for Connivance so he can talk to us)

I could care less about other company presidents. This one however has set him self up as one who engages his customer base with a pretense of dialog but only through the NGNG aspect of the community and twitter. And as far as I know he is the only one who has gone on record telling his customers to shut up and stop bothering him, and is now the only one I can think of who has admitted that he considers his words to have no meaning. Not exactly talking to his customers, more like talking at them when he feels like it and intermittently insulting them. But whatever. He and his company have the license to this IP and while we are lining up to thank him for making the game (as he also once requested we do...how many company presidents do you know who make that sort of request?) I will just grin and accept the insults until a better MW or BT game arrives.

Edited by Bud Crue, 24 November 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#89 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 24 November 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Im sorry Andi, that is in no way, shape or form any kind of defense. This is not the 1980's, communication is key in the day and age and hiding behind a wall and getting other people to do your talking for you is just behind the times and bad business.

i understand that, but still not many game companies are as open as PGI, HBS, DE and others,
i mean Gaijin entertainment had a mass banning of (Negativaty) Posters on their forums 3 or so months ago,
i know i dont have all the info on what happened, but it seemed like it was a ban on negative feedback,

with ShadowStarStudios we try to stay open, buts its not always easy,

#90 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 24 November 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Im sorry Andi, that is in no way, shape or form any kind of defense. This is not the 1980's, communication is key in the day and age and hiding behind a wall and getting other people to do your talking for you is just behind the times and bad business.

At this point.... I agree, and think that PGI and Russ should just grab us by the [redacted] and make MWO great again. Posted Image

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 24 November 2016 - 09:18 PM.
come on Bill im Right here Man!

#91 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

i understand that, but still not many game companies are as open as PGI, HBS, DE and others,
i mean Gaijin entertainment had a mass banning of (Negativaty) Posters on their forums 3 or so months ago,
i know i dont have all the info on what happened, but it seemed like it was a ban on negative feedback,

Yeah, they did a mass banning because people (rightfully) don't believe that coast guard boats count as "naval" content. And a lot of people gave up on War Thunder because of it. Just like a lot of people will leave MW:O if- You know what? Nevermind. I'm going to just go to bed so I don't say something I'll regret in the morning.

#92 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:19 PM

Amazing thread.

Posted Image

#93 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

Fine 40 years 32 years. I am more than willing to admit I made an error. But I am not going to do a Russ and say in effect "so what,it doesn't matter, its just words". That's what these people do...with EVERYTHING, but this is the first time I've seen them admit it.

Hope everyone is excited for all those big announcements at Mechcon...think they will be more that "simply words" I sure hope so because that is apparently what CW has been for a couple years now.

I agree partially. I am curious to see what is announced at Mechcon, especially for faction warfare and hope to see and hear a lot there. But I will not take an implementation of everything for granted considering other announcements in the past. That's why I am more interested in the patches in December and January following Mechcon. On the other hand PGI has become much more cautious with what they announce, so I expect them to be able to implement what they announce now. More important will be the question how much impact that stuff will have. But I digress.

To get back to topic - as I understand Russ, he did not mean to belittle or mock the posters on this topic but he wanted to say that words can be misunderstood or, as Bombadil stated, can convey misconceptions. Words alone are not facts.

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

Well there's the fact you're being a hypocrite with the statement I quoted. Do you have facts to back up your feelings on how Russ feels?

I did talk about Russ feelings? Well, I did not realize that. I thought I just pointed out that a guy with a CV like Zmak is likely to be CEO of his own company and not a sockpuppet snatched from the street to do Russ bidding. Please explain that part about feelings. Or maybe better do not - emotions in this thread are running high already.

#94 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 November 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

I am sorry, but please do not include PGI in the same sentence as HBS.... when it comes to openness and integrity, doing so just doesn't fit at this point in time. Have purchased many games from HBS, and I am a backer of their new Battle tech game coming.... and did so with out a doubt. This game, while I do enjoy the game play, it is stale due to lack of real content. I have no worries that HBS will fail to include real content to their game, and I favor this games play style more then turn based. But... one thing I know is HBS will make a real attempt to make their game with real content, some depth...... This means so much to many that love this game, and this to date imo, is a fail on PGI's part. Yet the mech packs just keep coming? Seriously?

View PostBill Lumbar, on 24 November 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

At this point.... I agree, and think that PGI and Russ should just grab us by the [redacted] and make MWO great again. Posted Image

Yea... I know... good to see you here man ;-)

And on that note, I would like to take a moment to Applegize for anything I have said that has offended anyone.... It was just mechroom banter(just words)..... Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 26 November 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#95 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

I did talk about Russ feelings? Well, I did not realize that. I thought I just pointed out that a guy with a CV like Zmak is likely to be CEO of his own company and not a sockpuppet snatched from the street to do Russ bidding. Please explain that part about feelings. Or maybe better do not - emotions in this thread are running high already.

Or you could just elaborate and avoid potential misunderstandings to begin with!

That people are willing to take up arms over such a... misconception, is still some indication of the state of this game.

Edited by dervishx5, 24 November 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#96 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

I admire your loyalty, but let's be honest for a second here. MWO isn't an outrageously complicated F2P. If Russ can tweet and retweet a dozen times a day, he can also type out atleast some short posts throughout the day. Staying in touch with own community on your own official forums isn't a hard task.

However, distancing yourself from the community and only engaging in "productive" conversation with NGNG (PGI trademarked), won't help your image or the image of PGI as a whole.

#97 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 November 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

This is how riots start.

Don't be absurd, it's 2016.

Riots start with hashtags.

#RotaryAutocannonsOrIRiot #SunderOrIRiot #EquippableLongTomsOrIRiot

EDIT: Also, Hey! No ban! Whee!

Edited by Bombast, 24 November 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#98 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 November 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

Or you could just elaborate and avoid potential misunderstandings to begin with!

That people are willing to take up arms over such a... misconception, is still some indication of the state of this game.

I suppose you did not deem it necessary to have a look at that link with Zmaks CV I posted? Things like:

Vice President, Product Development/General Manager
Hasbro Interactive

Vice President, Product Development
Sierra Entertainment; (Vivendi Games)

President
Radical Entertainment (Activision Blizzard)

President
Infinite Game Publishing

CEO
Infinite Game Publishing

CEO/Founder
Performance Ahead Consulting Group, LLC

COO - Co-Founder
Didimo (AKA Pic Square) - Techstars London 2016

Maybe that would have been helpful to understand the meaning of my post.

Edited by Duvanor, 24 November 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#99 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

I agree partially. I am curious to see what is announced at Mechcon, especially for faction warfare and hope to see and hear a lot there. But I will not take an implementation of everything for granted considering other announcements in the past. That's why I am more interested in the patches in December and January following Mechcon. On the other hand PGI has become much more cautious with what they announce, so I expect them to be able to implement what they announce now. More important will be the question how much impact that stuff will have. But I digress.

To get back to topic - as I understand Russ, he did not mean to belittle or mock the posters on this topic but he wanted to say that words can be misunderstood or, as Bombadil stated, can convey misconceptions. Words alone are not facts.

Look man, I am eating air popped popcorn and on my 7th blue moon, emotions are all good here man Posted Image I m not gonna do, what everyone thinks I gonna dooo.... I m not gonna flip out man! All I wanna know is......Posted Image

#100 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 November 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

stuff

Just saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users