- - - - -

Quirks On Stormcrow

4 replies to this topic

#1 Istarion

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationPalma de Mallorca

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

I just dont get how quirks work. I mean, I have 3 stormcrow chasis.
If I remember correctly, at first, it didnt have any quirk. Then I remember seeing a "laser cooldown" or "laser range" in red with a -5% or something like that.

But now I see that I've got 2 quirks (apart from the 2'5% xp bonus) at my three chasis (scr-c, scr-d, scr-prime).

But then, I switched the omnipod head on one of them, and now I don't have quirks anymore (unless I put the original head back).

So my questions are:
1. To have quirks, should I mantain the original configurations?
2. I'm gonna ever have more than those 2 quirks? (scr-d has the lb-x10 cooldown +5% and pulse laser duration -5%)

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

1. to have quirks, if you need all the same pods to get a bonus it will say so, e.g. the 5% xp boost for having all 8 components from the same variant/configuration
in most cases you can just mix/match pods to get the hardpoints and quirks you want

there is no limit on the number of quirks you can have and quirks are additive, so if your CT has a 5% energy range and your LT has a 10% energy range the Mech gets an extra 15% energy range

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 26 November 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#3 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

Current Clan Quirks

So, at the moment, the SCR only gets set of 8 quirks from keeping all the same Omni Pods. Whether the bonuses are worth losing versatility is up to you.

#4 Istarion

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationPalma de Mallorca

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

Ok thank you people! I couldnt log to another page where there were those quirks Posted Image
So they mostly are sh*tty Posted Image

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostIstarion, on 26 November 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

I just dont get how quirks work. I mean, I have 3 stormcrow chasis.
If I remember correctly, at first, it didnt have any quirk. Then I remember seeing a "laser cooldown" or "laser range" in red with a -5% or something like that.

But now I see that I've got 2 quirks (apart from the 2'5% xp bonus) at my three chasis (scr-c, scr-d, scr-prime).

But then, I switched the omnipod head on one of them, and now I don't have quirks anymore (unless I put the original head back).

So my questions are:
1. To have quirks, should I mantain the original configurations?
2. I'm gonna ever have more than those 2 quirks? (scr-d has the lb-x10 cooldown +5% and pulse laser duration -5%)

1) On Omnimechs such as the Stormcrow (where you can change 'Omnipods'), the individual body parts contain the quirks. Hover over each body part in the Omnipod menu to find out what they have. There are some 8/8 quirks which means they only work if you contain the original config, BUT... these are uncommon. Stormcrows typically don't have many quirks to begin with since they are considered to be the best mech of the medium chassis, of both sides, in the game.

2) You can have as many quirks as you can fit body parts that has quirks at the same time.
Keep in mind... there's actually a limit to how many different simultaneous quirks you can have. (that was an interesting find btw.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users