- - - - -

Omnipods And Quirks

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cheeseburger1

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

If I have a quirk in my left leg for -30% UAC jam chance, does that affect UACs I have in my left arm? At first I thought no it only affects that specific component, but that doesn't really make sense to me. My leg has no hard points, so what would be the point in having a quirk in it if it didn't affect other locations.

Could someone clarify this for me?

#2 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

1st off..wtf? LOL, what mech are you talking about? If it is an Omnimech then make sure if it is a quirk on it's on or a part of the 8/8 quirks which means you have to have all 8 (the 8th is the torso) for the quirks to work.

But the simple answer is yes, no matter where the quirk is, it works.

The best way to see is to mount a UAC and put your mouse over it. If at the bottom it says "-30 jam chance" then you are all good.

But please tell me what mech that is.

#3 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:54 PM

Yup, quirks affect the mech as a whole.
Quirk system is kinda hard to follow in case of omnimechs, the best solution is to mount what you want on your mech* (without saving!) and check the quirks summary then. Every quirk you'll see there applies to the mech as a whole, unless specifically said otherwise.

EDIT:
* mount omnipods you want ofc

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 27 November 2016 - 05:57 PM.

#4 Cheeseburger1

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 27 November 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

1st off..wtf? LOL, what mech are you talking about? If it is an Omnimech then make sure if it is a quirk on it's on or a part of the 8/8 quirks which means you have to have all 8 (the 8th is the torso) for the quirks to work.

But the simple answer is yes, no matter where the quirk is, it works.

The best way to see is to mount a UAC and put your mouse over it. If at the bottom it says "-30 jam chance" then you are all good.

But please tell me what mech that is.

There are several Dire Wolf Prime omnipods that have -30% UAC jam chance if I am reading it correctly. Forgive my ignorance, I really don't understand the 8/8 quirks comment. Does that mean I can't mix omnipods from different variants if I want the bonus?

Edited by Cheeseburger1, 27 November 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#5 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

Direwolves only have set of 8 weapon quirks.

It will show up in the legs but you only benefit from set of 8 quirks if you use all 8 pods.

If there are pods with weapon quirks on them, then they transfer over to all other weapon hard points. Provided they are not tied to the sets of 8.

Edited by SpiralFace, 27 November 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#6 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostCheeseburger1, on 27 November 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

There are several Dire Wolf Prime omnipods that have -30% UAC jam chance if I am reading it correctly. Forgive my ignorance, I really don't understand the 8/8 quirks comment. Does that mean I can't mix omnipods from different variants if I want the bonus?

Yep. The full set quirks, aka 8/8 have different color and they apply once, for the whole set. They are displayed greyed out when you don't have the whole set, as in inactive, and when you have whole set, they will display yellow/gold, meaning they are active.

Where as regular quirks display green, and most of them apply for the whole mech. (Quriks like weapon quirks.) Structure(hitpoints/health) or armor apply always to specific part whos location is mentioned. Usually the part where the omnipod is but sometimes like the center torso can have sturcture or armor quirks for other parts as well.

I have played with two Dire Wolfs for little over 1k fights and about none have had the whole set. Granted they previously had only XP bonus for the whole sets but really the stock omnipod sets are not good enough. Ok maybe the B might be worth trying but I don't have it, and even so it really would only have energy range +5 for any meaningful effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users