No replies to this topic

#1 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

I call this build, the Insta-Gib Mark 2.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6d3e0c3512bda62

Is it better than the dakka Kodiak, No.

Is it better than 2x PPC+2x Gauss Kodiak, Double No.

Is it better than a Highlander IIC LRM boat...... Hell yes it is, everything is better then an LRM boat.

While it doesn't have the terrifying facetiming ability of the Dakka Kodiak, and lacks the range profile and pinpoint damage of the PPFLD Gauss Kodiak, it provides arguably the most satisfying insta-gibbing you will ever experience in mechwarrior online. With arguably the most powerful non-ghost heat (Yes, this is more powerful than a splat SRM build, as the larger SRM volleys induce ghost heat.) inducing alpha strike in the MWO universe (I tried building something more powerful, with the Insta-Gib Mark 1, but STD 250 engines are for urban mechs.), nothing can stand before you at 57.34-100.75 Meters. Ignore the fact that most engagements are at 350 meters, charge in headfirst with your 60 point alpha strike and watch those components fall off of your helpless foes. Alternatively you could play intelligently and wait until mid fight when brawling occurs, but you do you.

On a serious note, I find this build to be pretty good. It isn't quite high tier material, but it is extremely fun, and the lack of ghost heat from the LB-20-X allows you to brawl pretty effectively once the PPC's get you too hot. As a short range poking mech is fairs pretty well, and its ability to strike before an Splat mech can does give it a small advantage in a short range fight. Will this stand up to an atlas or spirit bear, absolutely not, but it's still an entertaining mech to play. (Think of it as a right sided misery with an extra 20 point autocannon.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users