23 replies to this topic

#21 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:42 AM

I think half the problem is finding a reliable gaming mouse.

My Corsair has developed an itchy trigger finger after 7 months. It's test firing my weapons for me.

This is in the mail:

http://www.roccat.or...ming-Mice/Tyon/

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

Any mouse with four to six buttons and the program AutoHotkey.

Also for the macro naysayers...
No matter how fast a macro seems to fire, it is impossible to fire faster than simply holding the button down. In fact, every macro that exists requires that the rate of fire be slowed in order to create patterns (rat-tat-tat, boom-da-boom-boom, or my favorite: the guy that made the Song of Storms firing pattern for AC/2s and 5s; ba-da-boom, ba-da-boom, bang-boom-da-bang-pow-pow) or the other guy that made part of the American national anthem in ACs... "Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light..." Of course the latter is absolutely worthless in real combat and the prior while really fun, spreads the damage so thin that it's really better for longer range harassment.

Ultimately, whatever the reason for the use of a macro (to sound cool, to create music with guns, to space the firepower out and keep the mech cooler, or to make ACs feel like Battletech ACs [rapid fire anti-air machine guns with explosive armor piercing rounds where an AC/2 fires several shots pretty slow and an AC/20 can fire between 4 and 100 shots per second hence the terrible accurate range of 270 meters) instead of Mech Rifles (cannons based on 22nd century tanks with big shells)] you basically give up real damage potential in exchange for the thrill of making guns feel good.

In this old, old gripe about the unlisted AC/2 ghost heat introduced when ghost heat was first introduced, where it was listed that the AC/2 was a bug... and then made official on the list... I'm using a triple AC/2 setup.
The slow firing rate which sounds awesome that's the macro.
Then at some point I just press the fire button right after using the macro, and it sounds like a machine gun. When I say "Speeds it up a bit", That... that is regular fire. I literally just hold down the left mouse button and stop using the macro. The difference in the rates is staggeringly amazing.
Macro versus regular fire (after macro sets a pattern).
Yet so many complain about macros as if they did something other than disadvantages.

#23 Neccros

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Corsair has the M65 RGB refurbed on sale for $39. Is fully programmable, selectable DPI settings, up to a 8200 DPI sensor., Adjustable weights.

Just an awesome overall mouse

http://www.corsair.c...d-refurb?c=mice

#24 DelRico

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:41 PM

I ordered a ZELOTES mouse from China 2 years ago, it has 5 button and a 6th to change the speed. Cost me 6$ CANADIAN bucks shipping included!

Its still working great! But the ergonomy needs adapting.

I got it at that price by searching ''Gamer mouse'' only...

If I write ''Zelotes'' they pop up at 10 to 50$

Edited by DelRico, 07 December 2016 - 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users