Mech_Con Live Stream On Www.twitch.tv/piranhagames Saturday At Noon Pst!

80 replies to this topic

#41 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

I'm saddened to see that the Q&A which affect most of the playerbase, won't seemingly be given any sort of real attention. While I get that the Finals are the main event, that's cool, i'll watch because it will be awesome, Not getting any recordings of the Q&A's and hearing that PGI has zero plans to rectify this, well, it doesn't breed any consumer confidence. It's almost as if you have nothing concrete to actually announce, and are just going to continue squeezing out mechpacks.

In other terms, it certainly doesn't make me want to even consider giving you guys money for anything.

#42 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

Shameless, there wont be any thing concrete to announce, just an other Mech pack.

the actual Q&A is under wraps to prevent to do damage control afterwards, what ever the questions, you already know PGIs answers; we working on it, 90days later, you live on a island, do you want to buy a Mech pack and so on....

All the reasons to be interested about Mechcon is everything else than PGIs stuff.

#43 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 02 December 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Shameless, there wont be any thing concrete to announce, just an other Mech pack.

the actual Q&A is under wraps to prevent to do damage control afterwards, what ever the questions, you already know PGIs answers; we working on it, 90days later, you live on a island, do you want to buy a Mech pack and so on....

All the reasons to be interested about Mechcon is everything else than PGIs stuff.

While I have no idea what will be announced and it might well be not that great, I don't think that it is "damage control"... to be honest it would be even less possible damage, if the Q&As were streamed.
How will we get our infos? Second hand from reddit or someone posting here. So having them streamed would be much better for damage control. The infos will be out there as soon as they are shared with the audience. I am quite sure of that... and with the Q&As not being streamed (as it seems... perhaps we are lucky and it is in between matches?), I hope for fast news.
Still... not a real way for "damage control" :)

#44 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Things I'd like too hear from mech con (since I'll be sleeping and working):

1. Put past loyalty mechs with cbill boost up for sale through steam. I see them as a lost source of revenue, and that my bonus for being loyal was to get them for free.

2.1v1, I'm hoping the 1v1 demo stations at mech con will turn around and become a part of the game.

3. More story and rewards for playing faction play. I feel that the in match rewards for faction play are severely lacking. I can make as much in a couple of short quick play matches as I can in one faction play match. Better rewards on both wins and losses = more players. Give loyalists a bit of MC for each game played. This will help loyalists feel rewarded better and possibly help their units.

4. A weighted system for map selection that gives less selected maps a curve in the voting. This would help to get caustic and Tina therma into play more, and lessen the HPG, mining collective, polar highlands trends.

5. More help for newer players. The trials help, but let's give them even more cbills to help get ready for faction play.

6. An explanation of the pilot skill tree rework. I want to know how the modules will be changing, and what cbill refunds or gxp refunds will be given so players can compensate. Also if there is rework to be done in the mech trees, players ought to know. I really don't want to see a lot of time wasted again like I got from the last mech skill tree rework. Mine got all messed up and I'm still finding issues.

If anyone there could help to update a reddit post for those of us unable to attend that would be awesome and appreciated.

Edited by mikerso, 02 December 2016 - 07:55 PM.

#45 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

As PGI still has not worked out that there is more than one timezone and people have internet all over the world Posted Image

Aussies - AEDT - 7AM ( Sunday )
UK- GMT - 8Pm ( Sat)

Edited by live1991, 03 December 2016 - 06:18 AM.

#46 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

More of that poutine for everyone who will eat it!! I wish you would eat more deep fried potatoes and dairy fat drenched in more fat with salt. Sounds like y'all will live forever. Someone buy Russ and Paul all they can eat.

#47 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 December 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

First this game isn't complicated at all.
Second the "innershere account" is managed by a CM, his work is too communicate about the game with the whole community.

Every time they have a stream they don't give any UTC info or GMT if you prefer well every europeon know how convert local time from UTC.
But in this new there isnt even a proper time like 12.00 AM.

I personnaly know how find the local shedule for me i do it lots of time for check their streams and well for this one i wasn't sur about "noon" word.

Also think about all people who arent simply english fluent at all ( maybe they don't buy enough mech package ? )
For they know when they have to watch the stream:
  • They will go to google for find a translator site
  • They must translate in google " Start time at Noon PST Saturday December 3rd!!"
  • Then will have to find a proper site for converting hours( some are really bad or simply too complicated for a one shoot use )
  • Then will convert time PTD to their local time.
Multiplicate thoses operations how many time for each guys interested ( maybe PGI think playerbase is too tiny lol ) when just by doing it THEMSELF one time with UTC time ( and why not some asians main standard ) well isn't that hard.

Well all thoses people, they will buy a mech package? Posted Image or maybe simply feel that PGI don't care about them or are just maybe imcompetents about how communicate around their game ... It's the mechcon ( and i bet the last one .. )

Genius don't need you for resolve PGI lacks/breach myself but i hope one day they may just have for standard to give shedule/time in main timezone standard not only PDT...

Like they do now for each events ( 2 years ago events were only in PDT and we had same kind of geniuses like you who think they discovered google while rest of mankind aren't aware it exist.. )

Edit ;Personnaly i use http://fr.thetimenow...e-converter.php
This site have his own tab in my brownser just next to the PGI twitch tab (use it only for PGI ) and won't exist if PGI gave UTC infos directly in theirs news....

You don't have very high thoughts of other peoples intelligence do you?
MWO isnt complicated ? Have you ever talked to a completely new player or read a new player experience review?
Saying that this game isnt complicated doesn't make you look smart or cool, if thats your goal.
And do you honestly think that there are someone out there that cant translate noon to 12pm, and use an online timezone calculator, but are still capable of playing MWO and using these forums.

I would personally love to se one of these "more complicated than MWO" timezone calculators.

#48 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

View Postlive1991, on 02 December 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

As PGI still has not worked out that there is more than one timezone and people have internet all over the world Posted Image

Euro - GMT - 8Pm ( Sat)

Im sure they have. But most people can figure these things out themselves, even without the need to complain ;)

#49 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

Euro - GMT - 8Pm ( Sat)

Or 6AM for us peasants north of the border without daylight savings

#50 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 02 December 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

agreed and I understand why they are doing that as it is, but the transport costs alone would use up more than 6 months worth of "spare" money at my current rate of pay, so unless my financial circumstances drastically improve, travelling to Canada for something like that will remain financially out of my reach

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same situation myself not being able to attend. Though in my case it's work and leave related. As long as they announce and explaining changes I'm ok. I'm just hoping some kind attendee streams it.

Edited by Aramuside, 03 December 2016 - 01:48 AM.

#51 Methuselah Honeysuckle

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSammich Isles

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:11 AM

That dance off better be on the stream... Posted Image

#52 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:22 AM

View PostMethuselah Honeysuckle, on 03 December 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

That dance off better be on the stream... Posted Image

I did all I could to endorse it during the last couple Dev Streams, and plan on demanding it when I tune into the MC Livestream. It's all we can do.

Probably.

Ok, maybe post this and hope Tina sees it and starts blaring it at the event with the disco ball in full effect:

Posted Image

#53 Khan BuRNeR

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

Euro - GMT - 8Pm ( Sat)

If you want to show the time for Europe then you should use CET and not GMT.

GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) is just the UK, Ireland, Iceland, Portugal and a little bit of Greenland (just counting europe in, not africa).

And CET (Central European Time) is Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Poland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bosnia Herzegovina and more.

Oh, and the starttime for most of the europeans is now 9:00 pm or 21:00 CET Posted Image

Edited by Khan BuRNeR, 03 December 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#54 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostNoiseCrypt, on 03 December 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

Im sure they have. But most people can figure these things out themselves, even without the need to complain Posted Image

Making it easy on your customer is way to hard these days :P

They could have at least put in the UTC time EG Noon -8 UTC, then it would have been easy :P

#55 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

View Postlive1991, on 03 December 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

Making it easy on your customer is way to hard these days :P

They could have at least put in the UTC time EG Noon -8 UTC, then it would have been easy :P

I completely agree with you on the UTC part... but somone always comes along and complains about their specific needs. So its easier just not to bother since its never good enough anyway... and not really a necessity in the first place.

#56 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

View PostNoiseCrypt, on 03 December 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

I completely agree with you on the UTC part... but somone always comes along and complains about their specific needs. So its easier just not to bother since its never good enough anyway... and not really a necessity in the first place.

Yeah add the UTC at least, Had to google to see what PST was.

#57 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:46 AM

View Postshameless, on 02 December 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

I'm saddened to see that the Q&A which affect most of the playerbase, won't seemingly be given any sort of real attention. While I get that the Finals are the main event, that's cool, i'll watch because it will be awesome, Not getting any recordings of the Q&A's and hearing that PGI has zero plans to rectify this, well, it doesn't breed any consumer confidence. It's almost as if you have nothing concrete to actually announce, and are just going to continue squeezing out mechpacks.

In other terms, it certainly doesn't make me want to even consider giving you guys money for anything.

Hoping they are recorded and uploaded later to YouTube, that is what other events do when they have more than one thing on at a time.

#58 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostNoiseCrypt, on 03 December 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

Yet you had this burning urge to respond with a shining white armor, because how dare someone complains about their specific needs... right?
hah... needs!... asking for a standard time zone is such a big "need".... I apologize on his behalf for his selfish behavior for asking for something so huge that will negatively affect the future of MWO.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit aggressive, Just wanted to show you an example of your own behavior.
You need to be able to tolerate the people around you.

#59 serpentdaddy13

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

It's like no one knows how to read. They said Matches would take precedence over Q&A, but also that all the announcements made on the main stage would be streamed.

#60 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

I feel like we're about to get the Argus. If i had to guess I'd say Argus, Champion or Sunder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users