Thoughts?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ximinetti

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Hello all,im an older player of MWO. I dont played much,but i get some kills in different accounts (hopefully i wont get banned)

The problem i found on every account i had is that i have a bad computer for play the game (i3 4000 series at 3,7 Ghz,4 GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics)

So,i only can play PUGs,and im looking for upgrade my computer to an i5 or i7 4000 series at 3,5 Ghz or so,8 GB more of RAM and some good graphic card (anything supported to my computer)

Im playing Planetside 2 those days out of the MWO game,but there are plenty of cheaters,russians and jerks who cant play right,teamkilling me and so.

And because i was playing Planetside 2,i need to know if MWO uses more CPU or GPU performance. Because Planetside 2 is more CPU oriented.

So,what u say??? I need a better CPU or a better GPU????

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

I use quite a low end system myself.

Its generally said MWO uses CPU more than GPU, but in your case the Intel HD Graphics is low end and probably holding you back more than the CPU, imo.

#3 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

In your case a GPU would be my first stop. I would look at an RX480 or 1060 (whichever is cheaper) to start.

CPU-wise, the best you can get is an I7-4790K(without upgrading Mobo and RAM).

#4 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

View PostXiminetti, on 05 December 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

Hello all,im an older player of MWO. I dont played much,but i get some kills in different accounts (hopefully i wont get banned)

The problem i found on every account i had is that i have a bad computer for play the game (i3 4000 series at 3,7 Ghz,4 GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics)

So,i only can play PUGs,and im looking for upgrade my computer to an i5 or i7 4000 series at 3,5 Ghz or so,8 GB more of RAM and some good graphic card (anything supported to my computer)

Im playing Planetside 2 those days out of the MWO game,but there are plenty of cheaters,russians and jerks who cant play right,teamkilling me and so.

And because i was playing Planetside 2,i need to know if MWO uses more CPU or GPU performance. Because Planetside 2 is more CPU oriented.

So,what u say??? I need a better CPU or a better GPU????

i say drop a GPU like the GTX1050Ti or the GTX1060 6GB card if you can afford that

for the AMD side look no lower than the RX 470 and best GPU for the money is the R9 Fury Nitro on Newegg.

http://pcpartpicker....card-112470340g

could you screenshot the specs of the PC here?

google search CPU-Z ID and run the program to list the CPU, RAM and mobo

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:29 AM

Indeed, a new CPU will shore up deficiencies from having an i3, but OP's first upgrade should definitely be the GPU as everyone else has suggested. I would upgrade the RAM at the same time since RAM is relatively cheap and 4GB is pretty limiting.

I'd go with a 1050Ti if you're on a bit of a budget, or a 6GB 1060 if you've got a little more money to spare. RAM-wise I'd get 8GB or 16GB of the fastest RAM your motherboard will support.

#6 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

This would net you the performance you desire in MW:O- https://uk.pcpartpic...com/list/cZMhFd

But before upgrading the GPU, I highly suggest researching your current power supply to insure it can handle to load of the added GPU. If your computer is just a basic pre-built system you bought at Best Buy or some other similar store, chances are you'll need to replace it also. And also, with that, you'll need to insure that your current case doesn't require a proprietary PSU because of size limitations.

#7 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

Indeed, most GPU upgrades are going to require an extra power connector, so the PSU needs to have the extra connection(s) and be specced for the extra load.

If, however, the PSU can't handle it and the budget isn't large enough to replace that in addition to buying a new GPU, a GTX 1050 Ti will still get you good performance in MWO while running entirely on power from the PCI-E slot. My girlfriend likes hers.

As a general rule, Nvidia cards are now more forgiving on the power side than AMD cards while giving better performance per watt (a GTX 1060 performs better and uses less energy than an RX 480, for example). So if you want to keep the energy down, that is the route you should be going.

#8 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:15 PM

the current PC sounds more like a pre build to me

so my guess the PSU is those 250-300 watts without any PCI-E plugs

his best bet will indeed be the GTX1050Ti

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users