Phonex Hawk (All Versions

2 replies to this topic

#1 xxSSKxx

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:47 PM

I just want to know why a 45 ton mech Inner Sphere is taller than even the 75 ton Inner Sphere mech the Maruder?

Look I don't know where this post should exactly go, and I'm new to mwo. However I have been watching vids on youtube and alot of tubers all complain about the devs rescalling alot of mechs 45 tons and under wrong.

I wasn't around for the rescaleing patch so I didnt get to witness the effects myself. I speak as a new player who has already put around 100 dollars into the game I believe and plan on more. Now just bc I'm a paying player doesn't mean I expect exstra rights or to have my voice ahead of the line, but when I see youtubers who mainly stream Mechwarrior Online videos 4 to be exact with 40k to 500k subscribers complain about rescaleing I beg to question if they are wrong.

Even as a new player knowing nothing of lore or the difference between clans and IS houses factions whatever you guys call it here or mechwarrior in general can logically assume a 45ton piece of metal should be smaller than a 75ton piece of metal. Call me crazy but theres only so much you can compress that stuff.

So there I am and I see this awesome looking mech, the Phoneix Hawk. Standing there looking like a Gundam. I'm like eye candy. So I want it. Figure I'll main it. Why? because It looks cool and 2nd its a medium. Being the smart minded newbie I am before purchaceing the mastery pack I goto youtube and reseach mwo phonex hawk reviews. Low and behold everyone says stay away from it. Yes I hear the arms got a armor buff or something recently still don't exactly understand it yet. But the main reason everyone says no to it are low alphas when compared to other 45 toners and its taller than most heavy mechs and its a light medium.

I littery watched a comparison of it vers the heavyest heavy a 75ton maruder(awesome looking btw) and it was taller. Thats almost twice its weight! So i went ahead and bought the locus and shadowhawk mastery packs instead. Still I keep looking at that phonex hawk, I want it so bad. But from the little newbie experence i have even I can say no I dont want to be in a 45 ton mech thats nothing more than a huge target.

I don't know where you devs messed up, But this has got to be a mistake of scaleing these mechs far out of contex. Either someone messed up or was smoking crack when doing it. So please fix these mistakes.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:29 AM

It is as the poster above wrote.

Look at the PXH and the MAR in side-profile; one is an upright, fragile, thin stick, the other a massive, flattened, hunched over SUV.

#3 Tralik

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:57 AM

The Phoenix Hawk is actually a pretty good 45 tonner, just not the way it comes out of the box when you purchase it. The PHX-2 is actually one of my favorite mechs to play. The trick is to treat them like a light. You need to make it fast and take advantage of the ECM capability. I run mine with 6 ML's and an XL310 engine. Play it like you would an Arctic Cheetah only with a little more range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users