1 reply to this topic

#1 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:38 AM

For $249 the SmartDesk is a very solid desk, next time I will get assistance on carrying the two packages up 3 flight of stairs. And I may need another one but will get the 70in Business Addition. 4 Presets and a very quiet motor. I wanted a desk that I could both sit and stand at. There are times when sitting I feel I am in a rut but standing allows me to get things done. I do the same thing at work which drives some of my coworkers batty Posted Image

I have been keeping a record and so far I spend approx 30% of the time standing up, so for every two hours sitting I am standing at least an hour. And as I get more comfortable I can see that increasing some.

I used to have a drafting table that was raised up but it was too much a pain to lower and raise it up, among other issues. /shudders

https://www.autonomo...e-standing-desk

Posted Image And if you have your own desktop you can just purchase the base but definitely go with the Business model w/two motors.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 December 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

Just to note the primary reason I started the thread is that there have been other threads about what desks to get, etc, most point to inexpensive Ikea, generally just the standard desks. But if someone was wanting an adjustable desks, their MANUAL lifts are around the above price range.

http://www.ikea.com/...ucts/S49084965/

Their motorized desks are in the $529 price range with a max load of 154LB vs 220LB (1 motor) or 300LB (2 motors). Online at Amazon, Ebay and other sites, those sellers have marked up the desk approximately 70% of the base model.

I have had it for a week and I am actually enjoying the desk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users