- - - - -

How Much Ammo For A Uac/10?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

Hey everyone. Not a new player but I have a question that belongs in this sub-forum I think. I'm looking at building a dual UAC/10 Ebon Jaguar. Currently, I have built in to the 'mech three tons of ammo per cannon. I haven't actually bought the 'mech yet so this is all theory crafting and I can't test it. I've never used UAC/10s before. I doubt three tons of ammo for a UAC/10 is too little. But is it too much? How much ammo do you more UAC/10 experienced players usually go with?

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

3-4 tonnes per weapon for UACs, that said given the extra jamming and what not 3T is probably acceptable.

Depends also if you are QP or FP etc. QP I'll 3T, FP 4T usually and I'll usually put the spare tonnage into armour or a HS

#3 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

I agree, 3-4 tons for UACs is my standard (except 20s, they get 4-5)
I try to fit 4 tons for the first, then 3 for every other UAC, so 7 tons for 2 UAC10s

#4 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

Cool, so I got it about right the first time. Thanks guys.

#5 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

For a dual UAC 10 ebon jag, I'd go with 4 tons per cannon. Especially if you do not have any back up weapons. I feel that 3 tons per launcher is fine if you have back up weapons, but 4 tons is best if you are running only Ultra Autocannons. If you were playing CW, I'd recommend 5 toms per launcher for sustainability.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostMole, on 02 December 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hey everyone. Not a new player but I have a question that belongs in this sub-forum I think. I'm looking at building a dual UAC/10 Ebon Jaguar. Currently, I have built in to the 'mech three tons of ammo per cannon. I haven't actually bought the 'mech yet so this is all theory crafting and I can't test it. I've never used UAC/10s before. I doubt three tons of ammo for a UAC/10 is too little. But is it too much? How much ammo do you more UAC/10 experienced players usually go with?

2-3 tons of ammo per AC
3-4 tons per UAC.

Now if this was Battletech, 1-2 per AC, 2-3 per UAC.

#7 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostKimberm1911, on 03 December 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

For a dual UAC 10 ebon jag, I'd go with 4 tons per cannon. Especially if you do not have any back up weapons. I feel that 3 tons per launcher is fine if you have back up weapons, but 4 tons is best if you are running only Ultra Autocannons. If you were playing CW, I'd recommend 5 toms per launcher for sustainability.

I'm playing quick play mostly these days and since I'm a Kurita Loyalist and don't have a second account my clan 'mechs will never see CW action anyway. I'm also backing up the UAC/10s with ER Small Lasers.

#8 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

You will need 6-8t оf ammo any sort total if you don't have energy weapon. 1ML counts for 1t of ammo. For (u)AC10 you will need 4t of ammo +1t for each additional AC10.

Edited by Vlad Striker, 03 December 2016 - 11:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users