Did Hbs Show Anything New At Mech Con?

18 replies to this topic

#1 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

I've been searching around and coming up empty on what HBS brought to the table at Mech Con. Nothing on Youtube, nothing on gaming sites, not much of anything except a few vague mentions of a hands-on demo.

So, what's the deal here, they're getting ready for limited close beta, but brought nothing to tease us with? That's disappointing. The new Battletech was the only thing at Mech Con I was interested in too.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

What were you expecting? Unlike PGI, HBS has been flashing their work to their followers on a regular basis, like an old man in a trench coat down by the park.

HBS's MechCon mission was always to just get more word out on their game, not to drop bombs. Hell, they didn't even save their new merchandising line for MechCon - They released that two days prior.

#3 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

Same demo mission they did before only, they swapped out the Shadowhawk and Marauder for a Griffin and Trenchbucket.

Edited by Bandilly, 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#4 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

Only gave a date for the beta
Err February to March, from the top of my head

Same map to play on live for guests at MechCon

And merchandising
T shirts n stuff
But most importantly an Atlas figure, and the announcement tart there're doing more of them
But crowdfunding style, so they don't take away from game funds

Posted Image
Curtsey of Imperius

Edited by Peter2k, 05 December 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

What were you expecting? Unlike PGI, HBS has been flashing their work to their followers on a regular basis, like an old man in a trench coat down by the park.

HBS's MechCon mission was always to just get more word out on their game, not to drop bombs. Hell, they didn't even save their new merchandising line for MechCon - They released that two days prior.

Well there was that desktop item Atlas that they did display.... Such a pretty thing... I want a Warhammer like it.

#6 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 05 December 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

I've been searching around and coming up empty on what HBS brought to the table at Mech Con. Nothing on Youtube, nothing on gaming sites, not much of anything except a few vague mentions of a hands-on demo.

So, what's the deal here, they're getting ready for limited close beta, but brought nothing to tease us with? That's disappointing. The new Battletech was the only thing at Mech Con I was interested in too.

https://twitter.com/...161583580061696

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Well there was that desktop item Atlas that they did display.... Such a pretty thing... I want a Warhammer like it.

They will do many mechs including clans :)

#7 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Actually, they showed that on the HBS forums before they did it in MechCon.

Edited by Bombast, 05 December 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#8 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostImperius, on 05 December 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

https://twitter.com/...161583580061696

They will do many mechs including clans Posted Image

I know, I think I'll back them on that, also looking forward to my beta invite. Posted Image

Still I have a very limited number of mechs I would like as desk standies... most of them I doubt will get made.

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Actually, they showed that on the HBS forums before they did it in MechCon.

True, but I don't know if the OP saw it there or not.

#9 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

Still I have a very limited number of mechs I would like as desk standies... most of them I doubt will get made.

It obviously depends on price, but I'm hoping for a Catapult (Almost certainly getting done, I think) and a Zeus.

And, of course, the Urbanmech would be an instant get.

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

True, but I don't know if the OP saw it there or not.

Ah, well if we're just giving him the new skinny...

https://www.kickstar...h/posts/1745111

Plus the Atlas picture, which is...

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 05 December 2016 - 11:40 AM.

#10 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Only saw someone playing when i turned in on twitch. Watched an atlas and a shadowhawk trying to kill another shadowhawk at shortrange. Stopped watching when it wasnt dead after what felt like 7 gazillion turns.

#11 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

It obviously depends on price, but I'm hoping for a Catapult (Almost certainly getting done, I think) and a Zeus.

The price I have heard is $200. Pretty pricey, but not too surprising considering the scale and detail (modeling and paint).

I am hoping they will have some smaller versions (maybe a bit bigger than miniature size) with less detail and a simpler paint job that would be in the sub $100 range.

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 December 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Only saw someone playing when i turned in on twitch. Watched an atlas and a shadowhawk trying to kill another shadowhawk at shortrange. Stopped watching when it wasnt dead after what felt like 7 gazillion turns.

Battlemechs that don't blow after two alphas... oh how I've missed thee.

Can't wait.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 05 December 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

The price I have heard is $200. Pretty pricey, but not too surprising considering the scale and detail (modeling and paint).

I am hoping they will have some smaller versions (maybe a bit bigger than miniature size) with less detail and a simpler paint job that would be in the sub $100 range.

Yah, at 200 bucks, I'm looking at only one.

Would be nice if maybe they had the super duper, iconic popular mechs in the 200 dollar, Atlas sized range, but then a merch line for the less popular mechs in a smaller scale, with corresponding smaller prices.

#13 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

Warhammer
Phoenix Hawk (and LAM variant)
Stinger (And LAM variant)
Wasp (And LAM variant)
Centurion

Those are the ones I would shell out ~$200 for, with more for LAM versions.

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Warhammer
Wasp (And LAM variant)
Centurion

I think the Centurion actually has a pretty good chance at being made. Fan favorite, and I think a developer favorite too. The Warhammer is weird... lot's of people would buy it, and technically there shouldn't be a legal issue, but the specter of the Unseen may still hang over it.

You know the rest aren't happening.

As far as I can tell, the one's that are absolutely certain are the Mad Cat (Clan version of the Atlas), the Atlas, and the Raven (Because at least three devs have gone on record saying it's there absolute favorite mech).

Edited by Bombast, 05 December 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#15 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostBombast, on 05 December 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

True, I'm just being greedy and impatient I guess. I'm so looking forward to the game they're making, but part of me wishes I hadn't heard about it until a week or so until it was released. Or maybe even after, so finding out would be like opening a present on Christmas morning.

#16 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Warhammer
Wasp (And LAM variant)
Centurion

Gimme a Blackjack model at least and I will be appeased.

#17 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

Yes they had a playable demo there on about 5 PC's. It was good I played 2 rounds. And for an early build it's great. Graphics are also great.

#18 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 December 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Table top TTK was always higher than MWO because of the random hit locs and most mechs can't run around alpha striking their entire loadout every 5 seconds without melting down. If it's anything like TT as your pilots increase in experience and skill it'll improve the TTK. There was a lot of missing in TT with your average pilot gunnery skill.

#19 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 05 December 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Table top TTK was always higher than MWO because of the random hit locs and most mechs can't run around alpha striking their entire loadout every 5 seconds without melting down. If it's anything like TT as your pilots increase in experience and skill it'll improve the TTK. There was a lot of missing in TT with your average pilot gunnery skill.

With either long range shooting, shooting deep inside minimum range or against fast targets, yes.

Base 4 (3 for Clanner's)
Short range: 0
You ran: 2
target moved 6 hexes: 2

Target number: 8 (7 for Clanner) on 2D6, so slightly higher than an average roll for an IS pilot, or average roll for a Clanner...
it's not that bad with average pilots, but you are right, it does get easier with good pilots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users