307 replies to this topic

#301 Twinrova

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 13 December 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

*nonsense*

I rarely EVER post here. I have but one question for you.

How would you like it if, regardless of how well you lead your shot, how perfectly on target you are, how masterfully you aim the reticle over your target, how stationary the two of you are, the RNG gods spat at your face and made your shot miss?

Because that is what happens on TT.

Alternativelly, you can just, not play this game. Evidently, you are unhappy with the product, and evidently you thing the TT rules are better. So why not just play the TT instead? The TT rules apply throughout the TT after all.

#302 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostTwinrova, on 14 December 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

How would you like it if, regardless of how well you lead your shot, how perfectly on target you are, how masterfully you aim the reticle over your target, how stationary the two of you are, the RNG gods spat at your face and made your shot miss?

Well...lots of online games do this for PvP. WoW is just the easiest target for it...and you do curse when "MISS" or "RESISTED" or whatever it is now comes up instead of a damage value. It's not the same game when the character skill is what determines hit reg and the pilot (you, the player) only decides what gets fired when and at who...I honestly think I'd enjoy the sh*t out of that, maybe more than I like the current game and I like the current game a lot. It makes it mostly non-twitch gaming. You wouldn't torso twist much (or at all?), you'd worry about terrain and being hull down or elevation changes when you took a shot. Range would matter more and hitting lights would be a completely different game based on speed.

Whether it would be better or not seems up in the air, it'd definitely not be a twitch shooter like CoD anymore...and it'd probably be a lot friendlier for new players and death balls wouldn't be quite so effective. In short, it'd work fine but maybe you wouldn't like it.

#303 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:20 AM

View Postmetallio, on 14 December 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Well...lots of online games do this for PvP. WoW is just the easiest target for it...and you do curse when "MISS" or "RESISTED" or whatever it is now comes up instead of a damage value. It's not the same game when the character skill is what determines hit reg and the pilot (you, the player) only decides what gets fired when and at who...I honestly think I'd enjoy the sh*t out of that, maybe more than I like the current game and I like the current game a lot. It makes it mostly non-twitch gaming. You wouldn't torso twist much (or at all?), you'd worry about terrain and being hull down or elevation changes when you took a shot. Range would matter more and hitting lights would be a completely different game based on speed.

Whether it would be better or not seems up in the air, it'd definitely not be a twitch shooter like CoD anymore...and it'd probably be a lot friendlier for new players and death balls wouldn't be quite so effective. In short, it'd work fine but maybe you wouldn't like it.

No that would be the very definition of it not working in a first person shooter. WoW is a MMO I'm actually fond of but it is a totally different game.

Edited by Aramuside, 14 December 2016 - 08:21 AM.

#304 Erufen

• PipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:22 AM

View Postmetallio, on 14 December 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Except on WoW, you don't really need to be facing your target. Its based on a "locked target" and it is so fundamentally different your point is hard to grasp.

Are you suggesting we change the game into a target lock, attack speed based game, whilst having a FPS control scheme?
I'm confused.

Edited by Erufen, 14 December 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#305 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

I'm not "suggesting" anything. It's not even a part of the post at all in any way shape or form. I was responding to someone b!tching about TT rules as if nothing of the sort had ever been done.

It *absolutely* could be done in MWO. "Should" we do it? The last half of my post should have made clear that I don't give two plops about it. It'd be a fun game either way. The "lock" in WoW works fine. Using it in MWO absolutely would fundamentally change the game...and it'd be a fun game and I'd like to play it.

...oh and in WoW you do need to be facing your target, just not targeted directly on them. In MWO you could just leave the torso twisting to the computer if you wanted to but whatever.

#306 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

Marauder IIC: Please make the 2nd side torso energy point the high - with extra hitbox - mount. This way we can use the lower mount only if we wish. The high mount is too lonely by itself and is best avoided; otherwise this is a solid chassis. I really enjoyed it. The added hitbox hard point being used first is probably unintended - it goes against all prior designed mechs where extra weapon pods are added LAST.

Edited by ironnightbird, 14 December 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#307 ZaRyume Mukeiyu

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:48 PM

View Postironnightbird, on 14 December 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Marauder IIC: Please make the 2nd side torso energy point the high - with extra hitbox - mount. This way we can use the lower mount only if we wish. The high mount is too lonely by itself and is best avoided; otherwise this is a solid chassis. I really enjoyed it. The added hitbox hard point being used first is probably unintended - it goes against all prior designed mechs where extra weapon pods are added LAST.

That shoulder hardpoint. . . It torments my symmetrical compulsive disorder.

*CROAK*

#308 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:59 AM

ZRMV
I agree it also torments my balanced load out mindset.
But I found layouts that work for me.
Still she is a beautiful mech very tough and powerful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users