Patch Notes - 1.4.90 - 13-Dec-2016

315 replies to this topic

#101 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

OK, PGI I'll reinstall and try out the new FP.

Haven't 100% abandoned this game yet but getting close.

#102 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

I like were this is going, now there are a few little more things that should be adjusted when you guys get the time;
  • Boosting jumpjet thrust on heavier mechs/ or just normalizing jumpjet thrust across the board for every weight class. (for every jumpjet you have you get 10 meters of jump capability no matter the weight of your mech.)
  • Making clan AC more viable. Its a good start, but either make them single shell or make it so you can switch ammo types of the LB-X
  • Make the Clan ER large Laser useful. It has too long of a duration to be effective at many ranges, making it the current worst weapon of the game for how much weight and heatsinks you have to put in to support it
Like were these patchs are going we just need a bit more fine tuning.

#103 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Awesome. I've dabbled in FW in the past but this gets me really hyped to dive right in. Well done, PGI. And those quirks for my Lynxes? Well...
Posted Image

#104 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 10 December 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

I like were this is going, now there are a few little more things that should be adjusted when you guys get the time;
  • Boosting jumpjet thrust on heavier mechs/ or just normalizing jumpjet thrust across the board for every weight class. (for every jumpjet you have you get 10 meters of jump capability no matter the weight of your mech.)
I wholeheartedly agree with this, the only problem is the resurgence of poptarting, a fix for this would be reticle shake until you hit the ground again, instead of only while you have the thrusters on.

• Making clan AC more viable. Its a good start, but either make them single shell or make it so you can switch ammo types of the LB-X
Ammo switching isn't happening in Cryengine. PGI should instead of focusing on UACs so that they're less exploitable and more predictable.

• Make the Clan ER large Laser useful. It has too long of a duration to be effective at many ranges, making it the current worst weapon of the game for how much weight and heatsinks you have to put in to support it
Like were these patchs are going we just need a bit more fine tuning.

Agreed, my dream stats would put the burn time at 1.25, and the Clan LPL having its damage match the ERLL at 11 and less range, with less heat and a slightly better cooldown to compensate.

#105 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

Aside from the bizarre changes to the heat sink heat caps, these balance changes all make a lot of sense. Russ stated that balance was being handled by a new employee, so hopefully this is a sign that we might see meaningful changes to weapons and equipment that really need it. Do the IS small and medium laser classes next, and buff the standard LL so that it better stands up to the ERLL and LPL.

Edited by Gentleman Reaper, 10 December 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#106 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

Good to see that PGI is sticking to tradition. 2 patches ago nerf laser vomit. Last patch nerf uac spam. This patch buff laser vomit by improving heat sink performance. Par for the course. Well played.

Edited by Sephrus Shanadar, 10 December 2016 - 12:41 PM.

#107 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Forgot to say, if the changes to Faction Play, like adding Quick Play Maps and the addition of Domination, Skirmish, etc. to mode, can't save this portion of the game. Then I say nothing else will. Period!

This time around, this community needs to keep an open mind and support faction play as it is for now. Russ promised more changes are forthcoming to faction play, and I believe we should have patience and support the effort. I'm quite aware that the Salty Trolls are going to assault me at every turn; however, in my opinion, who the hell cares?? I believe Phase 4.1 is going to make faction play a helluva lot better. I just hope they can fix vetiric forge, and give it some serious remake over. It needs it!!

#108 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostHawk819, on 10 December 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

Forgot to say, if the changes to Faction Play, like adding Quick Play Maps and the addition of Domination, Skirmish, etc. to mode, can't save this portion of the game. Then I say nothing else will. Period!

This time around, this community needs to keep an open mind and support faction play as it is for now. Russ promised more changes are forthcoming to faction play, and I believe we should have patience and support the effort. I'm quite aware that the Salty Trolls are going to assault me at every turn; however, in my opinion, who the hell cares?? I believe Phase 4.1 is going to make faction play a helluva lot better. I just hope they can fix vetiric forge, and give it some serious remake over. It needs it!!

People wanted content, this patch has content. Give it an honest go before devolving to troll rage plz.

Many refuse to see it but they are getting better at fine tuning things, the last few patch notes have been *far* more robust in reasoning and explanation. I am really hoping they are getting their rhythm down so that they can make further tweaks as needed (not necessarily when the first cries of rage arise... knee-jerking won't help anything).

So srms gen more heat, you DHS cool down faster. Give it a go...

Try it all... then give constructive feedback.

#109 Korak18

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in "Reaver Space"

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

Starting with this patch, we are shifting a number of Structure Quirks over the Armor to promote more pronounced 'tank' behavior for various 'Mechs that are currently under-performing. We will be monitoring these changes and will be looking to provide other 'Mechs with similar changes along this line in the future.

Soooo, PGI doesn't have a clue or .....???
They are basically swapping quirks here...tanky ..what is this?
Please explain the reasons ie: advantage..disadvantage..???
Most of the mechs this is applied to are mechbay placeholders, so what changes ??

Edited by Korak18, 10 December 2016 - 02:12 PM.

#110 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

The way I see it about MG is that they had been crit nerfed. If each bullet had a chance to crit then a higher RoF had more chance to crits.

Reducing the RoF in exchange of higher damage may outpout similar damage after 10 seconds BUT not the same chance of crit. Arrow will suffer from this.

#111 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostKorak18, on 10 December 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Starting with this patch, we are shifting a number of Structure Quirks over the Armor to promote more pronounced 'tank' behavior for various 'Mechs that are currently under-performing. We will be monitoring these changes and will be looking to provide other 'Mechs with similar changes along this line in the future.[/color]

Soooo, PGI doesn't have a clue or .....???
They are basically swapping quirks here...tanky ..what is this?
Please explain the reasons ie: advantage..disadvantage..???
Most of the mechs this is applied to are mechbay placeholders, so what changes ??

Tankier because while more structure keep the component operational longer, it doesn't necessarily prevent crits to ammo/equipment. More armor means enemy must chew through more before even getting a chance to crit.

This will also penalize overheaters more as they have less "fluff" internals to burn through before importants things cook.... I think...

#112 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostRhialto, on 10 December 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

The way I see it about MG is that they had been crit nerfed. If each bullet had a chance to crit then a higher RoF had more chance to crits.

Reducing the RoF in exchange of higher damage may outpout similar damage after 10 seconds BUT not the same chance of crit. Arrow will suffer from this.

The tighter grouping puts many more bullets into the open component though, so that increases crits. I think it will be a wash for heavily quirked mg mechs like the arrow, and then mechs without MGs quirks will have much better MGs overall.

#113 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

still no treb CT quirk no? and not only that removed armor from the treb 7k...

The treb lg under quirk when compared to the treb 7m even more so now.

There is no reason on picking up a treb lg now the 7m is better then it on brawls and lrm support because of it heat and missile quirks.

#114 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostDavy J0nes, on 10 December 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

still no treb CT quirk no? and not only that removed armor from the treb 7k...

The treb lg under quirk when compared to the treb 7m even more so now.

There is no reason on picking up a treb lg now the 7m is better then it on brawls and lrm support because of it heat and missile quirks.

You could put together a list of heroes that are inferior to other variants. Fact of the matter is they have to be careful about making heroes good since that would equate to p2w in the eyes of many...

#115 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

Machine gun buffs...... Finally.
Well sort of.

View PostRhialto, on 10 December 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Armour instead of structure buffs.... Finally.
More armour instead of structure for the deaths knells arms...... Finally

For a change a patch with some resemblance of logic to it....... It's only taken three years!!!!!!

Edited by mad kat, 10 December 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#116 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Besides the hero then all of the treb variants have been thrown into the same role as mid range support ignoring what some variants have to offer example.

Treb 3c huge engine cap but this fact ignored and gets no quirks to go along with it.
Treb lg meant for brawls - but ok you mention all heros get under quirked I would say the treb lg is one of the must under quirk heros in the game.

And the fact that treb themselves didn't get a resale and still remains as wide as 2 double doors a simply CT quirk would of gone a long way. At the very least a CT quirk to the likes of the LG model whats meant of brawls needs it the most.

#117 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostDavy J0nes, on 10 December 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Besides the hero then all of the treb variants have been thrown into the same role as mid range support ignoring what some variants have to offer example.

Treb 3c huge engine cap but this fact ignored and gets no quirks to go along with it.
Treb lg meant for brawls - but ok you mention all heros get under quirked I would say the treb lg is one of the must under quirk heros in the game.

And the fact that treb themselves didn't get a resale and still remains as wide as 2 double doors a simply CT quirk would of gone a long way. At the very least a CT quirk to the likes of the LG model whats meant of brawls needs it the most.

The term is "ct like a barn door" and the Awesomes already have laid claim to this phrase.

All I can say is... research before you buy... some mechs were crap, some mechs are crap, some mechs will become crap.. i own at least three of each and moved on from buyers remorse as i didn't buy all of them on cbills.

My advice is don't depend on one mech to be good... ever... things change and we have to adapt. If that comes across cold, I am sorry, but even from a lore perspective there were crap mechs. Ya gotta roll with it.

Edited by MovinTarget, 10 December 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#118 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

View Postmad kat, on 10 December 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

Machine gun buffs...... Finally.
Well sort of.

Armour instead of structure buffs.... Finally.
More armour instead of structure for the deaths knells arms...... Finally

For a change a patch with some resemblance of logic to it....... It's only taken three years!!!!!!

There's apparently a new employee working exclusively on balance, so that would explain it.

#119 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 10 December 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shorter cool-down and higher velocity? Yes, definitely, for both IS and Clan. Shorter interval between rounds? Okay. Single shot? Nope. IS only, else everybody starts swapping cGauss out for cAC/10 and pop-tarts run colder and Kodiaks can pop you with 40 damage in one shot with a short cycle time. Yikes, no thank you.

Nah, that honor still goes to the standard Small Laser. At least at extreme range, the cERLL is as good as the isERLL (it is, the only 'Mech taking isERLL right now is the GHR-5P because it gets a 15% duration reduction). The Small laser is useless even despite being super small and super light.

#120 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 10 December 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

[/list]Nah, that honor still goes to the standard Small Laser. At least at extreme range, the cERLL is as good as the isERLL (it is, the only 'Mech taking isERLL right now is the GHR-5P because it gets a 15% duration reduction). The Small laser is useless even despite being super small and super light.

Would this look good? I'm working on a full list of my dream stats for every weapon.

Damage: 3
Burn time: 0.75 -> 0.6
Cooldown: 3 -> 2.4
DPS: 1 -> 1.25
Heat: 2 -> 1.5
HPS: 0.67 -> 0.625
Optimal range: 150
Max range: 300

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users