Aimbot Anyone?

99 replies to this topic

#1 Z02

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:17 AM

Link-removed : ) Thanks for the advice.
Is the above aimbot for real. Looking at the ridiculous KDR in the leadership board makes me shiver. I will not want to cross their path.

Personal experience:

1) I am in a Cheetah with ecm engaging a stationary Stalker. Before I am able to get out of cover to attack I am already shot. At first I thought it was seismic. Then one of my team mate (weaponless) walk up behind the Stalker and was totally ignored. Again I tried come out of cover (from a different position) to join the fight and before I saw the enemy I was shot again.The damage was too accurate and too much. My almost fresh Cheetah was dead on the 3rd attempt to engage.

2) I am dead and was watching another team mate playing. Suddenly he turned 180 degrees and shoot. Then an enemy died. This enemy did not even show up on radar and no targeting information was displayed at all during this engagement. I was puzzled. Then this teammate started aiming at the ground. He keep aiming at a specific point at the ground, climbing a slope and over a hill, and guess where this point leads to. It leads to another enemy which is not on radar. (Note both enemy are out of seismic range and the first one I believe its even with ECM). The reticule did not even shift a bit from this point throughout his whole march to this unseen enemy over the hill. Of course again he was dead on target.

Too bad I did not video capture those encounters. Now I tried to remember to capture my games.

Edited by Z02, 10 December 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#2 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:19 AM

1.Don't use aimbot.
2.Why are you providing a direct link to an aimbot or other modification that would grant players an otherwise unfair advantage?
3.Change that or get locked and possibly banned.
4.Don't use aimbot or any other mod to win.
5.If you suspect cheating, report them but make sure they're actually cheating, and that you're not simply terrible.

#3 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:21 AM

In before the lock.
Thou shalt not talk publically about these things.

Just report the player to general@mwomercs.com you observed and thats it.

Edited by Antares102, 10 December 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#4 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

View PostAntares102, on 10 December 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

In before the lock.

Just report the player you observed and thats it.

I know that this has been PGI's long standing view of the whole cheating issues we've got in MWO but it isn't helping. These cheats (programs, not people) need to be brought out and talked about. PGI should be investing in Fairfight or a similar program and have them banned. Saying report the player isn't the good answer. It's only part of the answer.

Look at The Division and how bad it is over there. I tried to play it and after months of the hacks got sick and tired of it and left. I saw it, was in teams with them running it and it wasn't fun.

Guys, start running in game video recordings. I have. If I find someone running them I'll report them and put up a video showing it.

#5 Z02

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:36 AM

Link-removed : ) Thanks for the advice. Will write to support.

Edited by Z02, 10 December 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#6 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostAlteran, on 10 December 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

I know that this has been PGI's long standing view of the whole cheating issues we've got in MWO but it isn't helping. These cheats (programs, not people) need to be brought out and talked about. PGI should be investing in Fairfight or a similar program and have them banned. Saying report the player isn't the good answer. It's only part of the answer.

Look at The Division and how bad it is over there. I tried to play it and after months of the hacks got sick and tired of it and left. I saw it, was in teams with them running it and it wasn't fun.

Guys, start running in game video recordings. I have. If I find someone running them I'll report them and put up a video showing it.

The problem here is that, most often, players equate hacking or cheating with "Omg they beat me how can this be I'm so good they must be cheating!" and unfortunately, PGI gets a lot of reports very similar to that. Video evidence is always useful, but it has, on occasion, proven the very same thing.

I completely agree that PGI can and should step up their anti-cheat system, but so far, and I can speak only from personal experience, few if anyone cheats in MW:O. The few tens of thousands who play aren't terribly interested in that and those who are, I suspect, are discretely handled.

#7 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

Sounds like a form of ESP hack was also involved (assuming any hacking was being done), that would let them see where enemies are that they shouldn't legitimately be able to see.

#8 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

@cazidin

Well we can agree to disagree then.

I think that the whole cheating situation in MWO is much more than what it appears to be. I've been mostly playing CW/FW/FP and it's only been in the last couple of months that I've been playing QP more and I can say things are weird.

Like Z02 is seeing, I'm seeing, it's why I've turned my in game recordings back on. It's not 'rampant' and it can be quite subtle, but it's there.

#9 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostAntares102, on 10 December 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

In before the lock.

Just report the player to general@mwomercs.com you observed and thats it.

Posted Image

#10 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

IBTL!!!

Yeah I love how PGI's primary method of addressing hacking/cheating of MWO is to:

1. Deny its existence.
2. Say that even if there is cheating, there ain't much of it.
3. Claim they know who is cheating, but then state they're allowing the cheaters to play to prevent the makers of the cheating/hacking programs from changing their code, making the cheaters hard to find, OH, and that they're 'experimenting' on the cheaters.
4. Not allow anyone to have a public discussion on cheaters.
5. Refuse to publicly ban people for cheating, thus ensuring their honest playerbase KNOWS without any shadow of doubt these people are being found and dealt with.

But hey, lots of things are said by PGI that later turn out to be very untrue.

Edited by Dimento Graven, 10 December 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:33 AM

Denial is a wonderful thing for zombies.

If you want people to shut up about it and not become paranoid accusing everybody show them there is justice and not hide its existence.

#12 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

4 years of playing this game. I still have only seen video evidence one (1) single time.

#13 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 10 December 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

4 years of playing this game. I still have only seen video evidence one (1) single time.

I have only just started to use the ingame recordings that Microsoft now has for Win 10 and that was for The Division. You want to talk about crazy hacking, I'd link my video of it, but I don't wanna get banned....

Anyways, to actually catch people here cheating, you pretty much need to be in their cockpit to see it. To view it in your own perspective is quite difficult. So it doesn't surprise me that you've only seen one video of it.

I suspect that it was the one fella showing the different hacks that he was employing.

#14 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostAlteran, on 10 December 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

I have only just started to use the ingame recordings that Microsoft now has for Win 10 and that was for The Division. You want to talk about crazy hacking, I'd link my video of it, but I don't wanna get banned....
Anyways, to actually catch people here cheating, you pretty much need to be in their cockpit to see it. To view it in your own perspective is quite difficult. So it doesn't surprise me that you've only seen one video of it.
I suspect that it was the one fella showing the different hacks that he was employing.

IIRC, there was a 1v1 tournament a while back and a female player was caught using aimbot.

#15 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Use the ingame reporting feature (hold tab, click on the player's name, and go through the drop down menu). This will trigger PGI's automated cheat detection system in that match. Failing that, enough reports and they will use an employee to spectate their matches so report all of them! PGI has been pretty active with bans, including bans of paying players, but they have to be "certain" to avoid banning good or lucky players, which would be very bad. I've played with good teams that get accused for cheating when we face off against bad teams, would hate to be banned just for that but if anyone is cheating and get banned by PGI, because to their due diligence, they deserved it.

#16 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

View Postironnightbird, on 10 December 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

This will trigger PGI's automated cheat detection system in that match.

Source?
I have never read about this before.

#17 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostAlteran, on 10 December 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

If you're serious about recording gameplay, might I recommend Shadowplay (with an Nvidia GPU), OBS (Free Streaming Software but can record locally) or Dxtory (Expensive, but very high quality)?

#18 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

IBTL.

PGI does catch these people -- it just takes time. The problem being that many of those phallic-heads will simply create a new account and troll all over.

You have to accept that a percentage of the population, and thus the gaming population, suffer from brain abnormalities that allow them to believe that amoral or immoral activity is perfectly acceptable. These mentally-ill people will keep trying to cheat their way to some mirage of greatness they hold in their head and, on the way, will "make america great again".

This is the reason PGI put in the right-click>>report function.

Edited by nehebkau, 10 December 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#19 Z02

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image
https://mwomercs.com...erboards?type=0

Looking at above stats does not make sense to me. If these are all tier 1 pro skilled players they should be playing more games. Even if they are tier 1 pros having new accounts playing at Tier 5 this is also too unreal. With this performance they should already be in Tier 3 engaging Tier 1 & 2 players which should not offer them easy kills. Worst of all they will scare off all new potential players. Any of you personally know these guys are really good players?

#20 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostZ02, on 10 December 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...erboards?type=0

Looking at above stats does not make sense to me. If these are all tier 1 pro skilled players they should be playing more games. Even if they are tier 1 pros having new accounts playing at Tier 5 this is also too unreal. With this performance they should already be in Tier 3 engaging Tier 1 & 2 players which should not offer them easy kills. Worst of all they will scare off all new potential players. Any of you personally know these guys are really good players?

Leader boards just make everything worse.

Edited by nehebkau, 10 December 2016 - 10:14 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users