Aimbot Anyone?

99 replies to this topic

#41 SeaLabCaptn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

Left a game still using punkbuster. The "solution" there was a community run site where video evidence was submitted, reviewed, debated over and acted on. If enough respected community members voted to remove the player based on submitted evidence the accused was recommended to the publisher (who made the ultimate decision) to be banned.

Problems came when we realized spectator footage was not reliable. More issues came when the most recognizable player bypassed this system shortly before a tournament by dropping one video in the publisher's lap, which led to a lone player being banned the day before the tournament (report was dropped to the publisher weeks before). No banwave came months before this lone player was targeted, and no banwave has happened since; banwaves used to be frequent.

IMO you can use whatever system you want and it still won't work. I just wish PGI was more realistic about their stance on discussion.

#42 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

View Postcazidin, on 10 December 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

The problem here is that, most often, players equate hacking or cheating with "Omg they beat me how can this be I'm so good they must be cheating!" and unfortunately, PGI gets a lot of reports very similar to that. Video evidence is always useful, but it has, on occasion, proven the very same thing.

I completely agree that PGI can and should step up their anti-cheat system, but so far, and I can speak only from personal experience, few if anyone cheats in MW:O. The few tens of thousands who play aren't terribly interested in that and those who are, I suspect, are discretely handled.

This is a good point, sometimes the eyes can deceive you. For example in the OPs second example, it could have only looked like he "locked on" to a hidden mech, however what might have happened is that the play had great situational awareness and had seen or predicted where the enemy was or was going to go to and had pre-aimed in the correct direction. To an outside observer, it might very well appear it was an aimbot.

Same for the OPs Cheetah story. The enemy knows your going to pop out somewhere and sometimes it is easier than you think to predict where those somewheres might be. He was in a light mech and it honestly don't take much to pop a light mech, especially if you get lucky and make the right predictions. I do it quite often so I know it can be done without cheating.

#43 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 10 December 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

This is a good point, sometimes the eyes can deceive you. For example in the OPs second example, it could have only looked like he "locked on" to a hidden mech, however what might have happened is that the play had great situational awareness and had seen or predicted where the enemy was or was going to go to and had pre-aimed in the correct direction. To an outside observer, it might very well appear it was an aimbot.

Same for the OPs Cheetah story. The enemy knows your going to pop out somewhere and sometimes it is easier than you think to predict where those somewheres might be. He was in a light mech and it honestly don't take much to pop a light mech, especially if you get lucky and make the right predictions. I do it quite often so I know it can be done without cheating.

On the flip side of this you have user "manyheatsinks" youtube videos of him cheating for a year or more and took a tweet to russ so everyone saw it before he got banned.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 10 December 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#44 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

This is gold.

Best part of this troll posting is that you guys seem to not even know the good players in this game.

#45 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

I installed flamers.exe and suddenly headshots are much easier. Hmm...

But in all seriousness, aimbots exist for MWO but I don't see why you would need one; aiming in this game is fairly easy and half the targets are massive.. aimbots are also very obvious when spectated and people don't last long using them before enough proof is submitted to get them removed.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 10 December 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#46 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Oh I reported various members of the second place team of the world champ series several months and leaderboards ago about rather unusual results to PGI, and got a "we'll keep an eye on them" and that was it. That half the team were putting up top 5 & 10 scores, in the same mech categories, over multiple boards... yeah I don't buy that. Not when PGI was already disabling the tier matching and weight restrictions in tournaments because the player pool was so small. Funny though how the moment PGI stopped awarding massive MC and Cbills as leaderboard prizes, all the unusual high scoring stopped and many of the usual suspects stopped appearing at the tops of the boards. I guess keeping an eye on them meant paying them tens of thousands of dollars to drive away thousands of potential well paying customers.

Edited by Dee Eight, 10 December 2016 - 09:18 PM.

#47 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

Streaks + aimbot is the **** man !!

#48 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 December 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Oh I reported various members of the second place team of the world champ series several months and leaderboards ago about rather unusual results to PGI, and got a "we'll keep an eye on them" and that was it. That half the team were putting up top 5 & 10 scores, in the same mech categories, over multiple boards... yeah I don't buy that. Not when PGI was already disabling the tier matching and weight restrictions in tournaments because the player pool was so small. Funny though how the moment PGI stopped awarding massive MC and Cbills as leaderboard prizes, all the unusual high scoring stopped and many of the usual suspects stopped appearing at the tops of the boards. I guess keeping an eye on them meant paying them tens of thousands of dollars to drive away thousands of potential well paying customers.

Yes, it must be their hacks at Mech Con that let them kill EmP....and vice versa...Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 11 December 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#49 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

All the work that got them to mechcon were with home computers. Once onto PGI's computers on the other hand, they folded like accordions against EmP. I was not surprised by the rout that happened in the slightest. Players who've relied on crutches tend not to do so well on a level playing field against actually better players.

#50 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 December 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

All the work that got them to mechcon were with home computers. Once onto PGI's computers on the other hand, they folded like accordions against EmP. I was not surprised by the rout that happened in the slightest. Players who've relied on crutches tend not to do so well on a level playing field against actually better players.

They out-shot EmP actually, if you actually watched, EmP just had better map-control and won on caps. Each game played was really close, except for the last games, it's just not reflected in the 3-0 3-0. Yeah EmP won and is the superior team because their macro game was better (exerting map control, rotations, etc), but in terms of pure shooting, they were neck and neck.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 10 December 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#51 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:16 PM

OMG, someone hit me !! Hax !!

#52 Carlieth

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Must admit I disagree with PGI policy on non discussion of cheating but hey that's them. Only account of "cheating" I have seen is a dire wolf running after a viper and keeping up. viper had both side torsos and was tweeked so that's 139kph.........

The second was an arctic cheeta that one shot a Hellbringer with 6 x sml from the front. and it was NOT a head shot. cheeta then killed the mech next to the bringer with another shot. this mech was a summoner. two alphas two kills both against fully armoured heavies and non cockpit shots. Sounds fishy to me. reported the player and sent in vid evidence via the summoner pilot who sent me a copy. nothing came of it and saw cheeta pilot in a game 2 months later. oh well

#53 Gladius Vittoris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 December 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

Are you trying to say that:
- you understand how this game work?
- you can tell who is a good player?
- those leaderboard are false?

Because in my opinion you, having 0.98 w/l ratio and 1.09 k/d ratio, don know what are you talking about, nor how this game work.
Also, if you'd like to see your account on top mech leaderboard, half community should be banned.

#54 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

WHAT? SOMEONE PLAYED BETTER THAN ME? CHEATER !!

#55 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

View PostCarlieth, on 10 December 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Must admit I disagree with PGI policy on non discussion of cheating but hey that's them. Only account of "cheating" I have seen is a dire wolf running after a viper and keeping up. viper had both side torsos and was tweeked so that's 139kph.........

The second was an arctic cheeta that one shot a Hellbringer with 6 x sml from the front. and it was NOT a head shot. cheeta then killed the mech next to the bringer with another shot. this mech was a summoner. two alphas two kills both against fully armoured heavies and non cockpit shots. Sounds fishy to me. reported the player and sent in vid evidence via the summoner pilot who sent me a copy. nothing came of it and saw cheeta pilot in a game 2 months later. oh well

Because those sound like lies

Post that video evidence of yours, and we might explain it.

#56 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

View PostGladius Vittoris, on 10 December 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

Because in my opinion you, having 0.98 w/l ratio and 1.09 k/d ratio, don know what are you talking about, nor how this game work.
Also, if you'd like to see your account on top mech leaderboard, half community should be banned.

Doesn't take a world class player to know statistical anomaly. Look at the leaderboard and use common sense. It's not that hard. (then again, you proposed that it DOES take a genius, so who knows? Do you have an expert potty guy to help you potty?)

#57 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

Oh I reported various members of the second place team of the world champ series several months and leaderboards ago about rather unusual results to PGI

Made my day.

Posted Image

#58 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:52 AM

Posted Image

#59 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

View PostGladius Vittoris, on 10 December 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

That's exactly what I am saying, and I am entitled to say whatever I like. I pays my money. I keep PGI's servers in operation. But yes...go on.... wave ratios like they mean anything in this day and age of rigged games and small buckets for the matchmaker to work with. I only had two games out of 20 tonight with brand new players in them at the same time as legendary founders. When a player is allowed to use a third Alt account to game the leaderboard and tier ranks, and put in 10 PERFECT games in only their first 12 matches, or be part of a team sync dropping solo games to use group play strategy on solo players.. and PGI doesn't do anything about it other than change the prize structure a few months later... not to mention silence all discussion about the cheating that's well known to be going on... it becomes pretty obvious that nothing will ever be done to really get it under control.

But since apparently ratios mean more than common sense and intelligence to some folks...

I've run two Stalkers from basic to Master straight the past two days. The Stalker 5M and the Loyalty one. The 5M took 31 wins, 31 losses, 42 kills and 42 deaths. The Loyalty didn't go so as well for me largely because I had to deal with a lot of skirt chasers who wanted to hide by me rather than be able to survive in the wilds on their own without any ECM or presence of mind to have brought even an AMS unit.

647 Dee Eight 45 58 0.78 63 73 0.86 104 194

Before that it was 8 days straight of my hybrid build ARC-5W... and then tonight so far five games with my 9xSRM6 ARC-5W...

191 Dee Eight 81 73 1.11 135 103 1.31 157 216

And before that it was 15 games on lights and mediums I was skilling at random so I don't even recall which ones they were. Total of 276 games so far in the past 13 days. I do have to laugh at having my play ability questioned by someone with the following....Wow... TWO whole games.

31481 Gladius Vittoris 1 1 1.00 3 1 3.00 2 259

Edited by Dee Eight, 11 December 2016 - 03:22 AM.

#60 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

LOL

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users