Weapon Harmonisation (Pre-Set Weapon Mount Convergence)

No replies to this topic

#1 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

I'll just put this first: while this is something I would like to see tried in MWO it's unlikely to ever be considered for a while due to two seismic shifts in the game are on their way (and changes to the HSR and mech lab needed) so it's more of a suggestion for MW5.

Weapon harmonisation i.e. having weapons convergence pre-set in their mounts by the player in the mech lab much like the guns/cannons on World War II planes (providing a real world example making sure it's not to difficult of a concept to comprehend).
For example (assuming a default convergence at optimal range) a HBK-4B loaded with completely with mlas: the 7 mlas in the hunch and the head would all converge to 270m no matter at what range a surface is under the body crosshair; the two mlas in the arms would converge like they do now since there is only one mlas in each arm and the arms have both upper and lower arm actuators.
Another example: a BJ-1 with an AC/2 in each arm converge at 720m under the arm circle and the convergence remains at 720m since the BJ-1 lacks lower arm actuators.
Maybe keep convergence for SRMs the same as it is now even under this system to acknowledge they do have some minimal form of guidance.

This system would place more emphasis on trying to control the range at which unit engage, make things more "sim like", and give some advantage to smaller mechs while not crippling larger mechs. It could also add an out of alignment damaged state to weapons between working and destroyed. Could be fiddly system but could make even two different 6 mlas LCT-1E play a bit differently according to how their harmonisation is set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users