137 replies to this topic

#61 ShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:10 AM

View PostDavers, on 12 December 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

If they are all still playing on the same TS then it doesn't matter what tag they have.

Truth he speaketh.

#62 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostElessar, on 12 December 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

Seems to me like this is even more so for most of the clans.
Most clans treat people not belonging to the trueborn warrior caste as second rate people.

If you aren't a mechwarrior you actually have more chances to rise up in social ranks, if you are a member of one of the IS houses, than if you are a member of one of the clans Posted Image

We (and I'm speaking 100% excluding Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar here, because I really dislike them for the insanity they do) keep non-combatants alive. We don't destroy their homes. We make sure that the lower castes stay alive and well. We keep them fed and healthy. And in Clans like Ghost Bear and Diamond Shark? Everyone, no matter their caste, is treated with the respect every human deserves.

#63 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 12 December 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

There's a McDonalds anime?

#64 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

View Postcazidin, on 12 December 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

There's a McDonalds anime?

But no, that gif isn't from a McDonalds anime. Just the main character and a side character have to work at the equivalent that the studio used so they wouldn't get sued. Which is always great in anime.

Posted Image

#65 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostImperius, on 12 December 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

... (how do you not include clans -_- )

'cause Clans broke BattleTech?

#66 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostRampage, on 12 December 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

By all reports, MS is already disbanded and some of the members are starting over in smaller units so there is nothing PGI can do on that front. It has also been reported that the unit leader left with a 600 Milion C-bill unit coffer. It is sad for the people that joined fairly recently and paid the unit back on their enrollment fee. Maybe PGI would consider doing an account by account adjustment of c-bill balances but they are certainly under no obligation to do so.

Although it might be good for Faction Play as a whole it is a sad situation for the members of the unit who now feel betrayed.

I don't think the unit leader CAN distribute unit coffer C-bills to anyone...including themselves. So, unless I am gravely mistaken this is really PGI's mess and not MS's. Those C-bills are just "going down with the ship" so to speak...not being stolen by someone. That would be a Madoff-like heist...but I don't think it is.

Would love it if c-bills could be distributed...would allow new members to get their dropdecks in order with the unit faster. However, I believe this is precisely what PGI doesn't want. They want players to buy their own mechs, not use c-bills from a vet who has 100 million lying around unused to be able to in effect buy their mechs for them via the unit coffer system.

Everyone knew how the coffer system worked and any unit could in theory fold for any reason and at any time. It's an unfortunately reality than these former MS members are caught up in. The surprise is that it's MS closing its doors.

#67 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

#68 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

View PostHal Greaves, on 12 December 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Spoiler

Posted Image

0/10, literally no reason for this to be posted here. Post anime/touhou/kantai collection/whatever else only if it has a reason to exist in the thread.

#69 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 12 December 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Spoiler

>needing a reason to post the awoo

Edited by Hal Greaves, 12 December 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#70 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 12 December 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

'cause Clans broke BattleTech?

So be the first game to fix Jordan Wiseman's mistake that he has admitted he made???

#71 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 12 December 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't think the unit leader CAN distribute unit coffer C-bills to anyone...including themselves. So, unless I am gravely mistaken this is really PGI's mess and not MS's. Those C-bills are just "going down with the ship" so to speak...not being stolen by someone. That would be a Madoff-like heist...but I don't think it is.

Would love it if c-bills could be distributed...would allow new members to get their dropdecks in order with the unit faster. However, I believe this is precisely what PGI doesn't want. They want players to buy their own mechs, not use c-bills from a vet who has 100 million lying around unused to be able to in effect buy their mechs for them via the unit coffer system.

Everyone knew how the coffer system worked and any unit could in theory fold for any reason and at any time. It's an unfortunately reality than these former MS members are caught up in. The surprise is that it's MS closing its doors.

I am not saying that he stole the coffer. It just goes away with him. I would think that he could have passed command and control of the unit to someone else and the c-bills would not have went poof! I am sure he had his own reason for doing what he did and I am not privy to them.

PGI can not allow C-Bills to be distributed to members because that could potential open the door to "gold" selling ie. the farming and selling of c-bills. C-bills can be purchased in game via MC which is bought for cash. There is no way that PGI is going to open the door for an outside entity to make real money off of their game, rightly so.

#72 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostRampage, on 12 December 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

I am not saying that he stole the coffer. It just goes away with him. I would think that he could have passed command and control of the unit to someone else and the c-bills would not have went poof! I am sure he had his own reason for doing what he did and I am not privy to them.

PGI can not allow C-Bills to be distributed to members because that could potential open the door to "gold" selling ie. the farming and selling of c-bills. C-bills can be purchased in game via MC which is bought for cash. There is no way that PGI is going to open the door for an outside entity to make real money off of their game, rightly so.

Passing control would have been the sensible thing to do. Doesn't seem right to just let the cbills burn. But it is what it is...

#73 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

So, what officially happened to Mercstar?

#74 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

welcome to a mass clan where people hardly know each other and most leaders make decisions because they decide.

#75 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

View Postcazidin, on 12 December 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

So, what officially happened to Mercstar?

MS still exists. If and when PGI decides to actually make CW work it may reform. We have always been a collection of smaller units that banded together to have fun. But given the state of the game and the decline of player base Tony made the call to disband into our sub units. We still meet on our TS, we still still drop together, we still play. There is a holder in place and who knows, MS may rise again.

http://mercstar.enjin.com/

#76 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

Maybe Trump can make Mercstar great again!?!

#77 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Sorry I missed the part where I should care.

#78 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 12 December 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Sorry I missed the part where I should care.

I missed the part where you were forced to open this thread and post

#79 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 12 December 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

I'll never understand your enjoyment of... those things. I've been hooked on the Clans.ever since I saw my first Mad Dog, and I couldn't care less about most of the IS Houses. Too many of 'em are just terrible to their own people.

First of all, good anime if you haven't seen it.

Second all, I became a fan after MW2. The first mechs I bought in this game was a trio of Timberwolves. Clans are the icon of the MW series, and as far as I am concerned the major draw.

#80 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 12 December 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

First of all, good anime if you haven't seen it.

Second all, I became a fan after MW2. The first mechs I bought in this game was a trio of Timberwolves. Clans are the icon of the MW series, and as far as I am concerned the major draw.

Was reading the manga as it was being written, got frustrated waiting for it to update and dropped it until I knew it was complete. Keep forgetting to finally jump back onto it.

As I've mentioned in another thread, first Battletech/Mechwarrior title I ever touched was MW3. I hate to admit this, but... I've never actually played MW2 or any of its expansions. DOSbox despises me, so I've never been able to go and play them.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users