#21 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

View PostZergling, on 12 December 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

It's the internet, nobody gives a ****.

Being able to afford to spend thousands of dollars on a game is nothing special, as the vast majority of people in developed countries are capable of doing so, but most of those people have enough financial sense to not waste their money like that.

EXACTLY!!!!!

They spend it on over priced cars, fancy phones with fancy family plans so our kids can watch nut punch video's and not talk to anyone.. And while our kids are watching nut punch videos we can go shopping and buy ourselves fancy cloths so we can go to our fancy night out.. and let's not forget that 80 dollar bra's from victory secret so our significant other can feel fancy underneath her clothing...

Then we put on our fancy clothing, and jump in our fancy cars, and go to our fancy restaurants, and spend it on fancy wine and food in portions fit for a Yorki.. Then we get to come home and pay the baby sitter 80 bucks for watching our kid, watch nut punch videos... and maybe if they are lucky get to see that fancy Victoria secret bra...

You know.. Like civilized people! An easy 500 dollar night out.... though some how, i never see anyone posting on any forum about the travesty of a fancy night out away from kids... though in all honesty, that price for a night away from kids can be a bargain...

It never ceases to amaze me on how much people care and how judgmental they are about what others spend "their" money on.....

#22 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 12 December 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

That's like deciding to invest in something because some guys on the internet said it was a good idea.

Don't listen to him! Invest in CDS RIGHT DAMN NOW! Our offer for you to get in on this is only available this month! Once the new year hits, you're out of time!

#23 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 12 December 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

It never ceases to amaze me on how much people care and how judgmental they are about what others spend "their" money on.....

People can go ahead and spend what they want, but when they start bragging about it, other people tend to get annoyed.

#24 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Cant you just imagine what it will be like. Everything else.

It will be like scouting, people love it, then they hate it.

#25 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

I do not understand why people are getting mad about some one wanting to pay pgi to keep the servers on to a game they clearly play?

Ted, I thank you for your participation.

#26 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Doesn't it make more sense to play the new version and decide if you like it ? Then spend based on that.

#27 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostZergling, on 12 December 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

People can go ahead and spend what they want, but when they start bragging about it, other people tend to get annoyed.

It certainly didn't seam like he was bragging about it.. He said, he wanted to know people's opinions. If it bugs you that much avoid the thread.

You hear people talk about money all the time.. Their new house, car, trip, kids school... talk about going to football games, concerts, the country club, the race track. how they built a new deck, put in a pool, landscaped their house, redecorated.. ect.. what ever... take it from someone that doesn't have much cash.. I could careless what others do with their money and half the time all i hear is Blah, blah, blah... Because it doesn't effect me in the least..

really, if people talking about money, of buying things bugs you, how on earth do you even turn on the tv or look at FB, or even turn on a web page.. Buy this now! Maybe you don't... :)

View PostSuomiWarder, on 12 December 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

Doesn't it make more sense to play the new version and decide if you like it ? Then spend based on that.

I can see that, but i also think over all opinions can help.. getting people excited about things.. I know i feel tons better about the money i spent now i heard about mech 5, and seeing people amp'd up again. People doing nothing but complain can leave a bad taste in your mouth and put people in a mood. But IMO things are look better than last year, and i thought last year was a big jump forward.

#28 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 December 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

at the very least stock up on booze. new years is coming. would you like to buy a six pack?

I've just received delivery of 2 cases of red wine and 1 case of bubbly. I'm almost set. Posted Image

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 12 December 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

It is the internet. You can shots at people anonymously and not be proven wrong. How brave.

Some people are just jealous.

#30 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 12 December 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

[...]
So let's hear it, do you like 4.1 and does the money fly out of my wallet or do I put my wallet securely back in my pocket?

Of course we have to see how it will turn out, but I love the approach of incorporating quickplay into FW.
Do spend your money, please :-)

#31 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 12 December 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

damn.. where is my harpoon!

lol

#32 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 12 December 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

EXACTLY!!!!!

They spend it on over priced cars, fancy phones with fancy family plans so our kids can watch nut punch video's and not talk to anyone.. And while our kids are watching nut punch videos we can go shopping and buy ourselves fancy cloths so we can go to our fancy night out.. and let's not forget that 80 dollar bra's from victory secret so our significant other can feel fancy underneath her clothing...

Then we put on our fancy clothing, and jump in our fancy cars, and go to our fancy restaurants, and spend it on fancy wine and food in portions fit for a Yorki.. Then we get to come home and pay the baby sitter 80 bucks for watching our kid, watch nut punch videos... and maybe if they are lucky get to see that fancy Victoria secret bra...

You know.. Like civilized people! An easy 500 dollar night out.... though some how, i never see anyone posting on any forum about the travesty of a fancy night out away from kids... though in all honesty, that price for a night away from kids can be a bargain...

you forgot the fancy toilet paper, thats so soft you could actually use a towel, but someone did the trick making them buy tiny throwaway towels.

so basically people started to give more sh1t about their butt than what they actually put in their mouth, but premium toilet paper just demans you to live on some trashfood.

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 December 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#33 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

you forgot the fancy toilet paper, thats so soft you could actually use a towel, but someone did the trick making them buy tiny throwaway towels.

so basically people started to give more sh1t about their butt than what they actually put in their mouth, but premium toilet paper just demans you to live on some trashfood.

Shake with the right. Wipe with the left.

#34 Ulffor

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

As someone who spent real dollars on a F2P game that eventually shut down, I hope more "whales" (and I'm one of them) spend money on this game. It's the whales that make it worth their while to keep, not only the servers on, but also developing content. Full disclosure: I've spent way more on this game than I probably should have. But I don't ever want to go back to the dark days when giant robot games were considered an ill-advised investment for developers.

It's the same reason I've pumped money into Shadowrun games from HBS. Did I like the Hong Kong setting? Hell no. It's the only one of their games that I never completed or replayed, but I don't want the genre to die, so I do my part.

Anyway, had a couple of drinks, but go ahead and shame people into not spending money on the games you like, and then see how long you get to play for free.

#35 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,099 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

toilet paper, junk food, you know they share ingredients right? flavor science is so good right now they can convince people in droves to literally eat flavored cardboard. just ignore the fact that humans cant digest cellulose meal and sell it to these idiots anyway. then people shove unhealty portions of this greasy cardboard into their faces all day thinking they are living high on the hog. im so glad i learned how to cook well.

humans got buy without toilet paper for thousands of years. only for a couple hundred years has marketing propaganda convinced us its an essential item. i for one get the cheap stuff.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#36 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 12 December 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

"Ego, *****!"

FTFY, Diamond Buddy.

#37 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

Took a look at the FW/CW forums and so far it looks like no money will be spent. Will try it out for myself but the Invasion mode and Clan v IS balance, two things not addressed in 4.1, still seem to be the cause of the most angst.

#38 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

Read the forums and overall the opinion on 4.1 seemed split. Took a dip in to see for myself and overall was pleased. Quick match making and overall the tug of war was what I have asked for in the past.

I play IS and there weren't too many really bad matches. The kind where I ask myself why I even bothered dropping. Still this is an area of improvement for PGI. I have suggested splitting groups versus pugs and have also suggested giving the Clans a second victory condition of having to achieve their goals before they lose "X" number of mechs (mechs being determined statistically). I tend not to complain without offering solutions.

Given that there is still room for improvement I have partially opened my wallet and spent half of the full amount on pre-orders and MC. I see PGI heading in the right direction and would like to reward them, but still need to see more to be fully convinced.

See you on the battlefield.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users