why the Free Rasalhague Republic lose

31 replies to this topic

#21 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just wait till they switch production to Volvo instead. Then everyone else is dead... once the mech gets up to speed. At least you'll see them coming though, with the headlights on all the time. ;-)

#22 Bearcut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 261 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Lol this whole thread just cracks me up. A guy comes in here to troll, with REALLY bad grammar I might add, (Why the FRR will lose, you mean?) and all you guys just turn it into a downright philosophilsizing discussion about European manufacture.

#23 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well as long as the mech is not a SAAB we are OK... Otoh if it is we will get cheap parts from the Cap Fed.

#24 -Wolvine-

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

SAAB? You would have to recruit nothing but highschool drop-outs or the mentally insane to get a pilot in those. The mech falling apart, or magically bursting in flames would be more of a threat than the enemly lol.

If you want a mech who works 200 years from now may i suggest, Bayerische Motoren Werke, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen? (Any one else sense i like German engineering?) :o

#25 AH Warhawk

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

SAAB has made Good Fighter jets in the past 40 years. Aerospace is could be a winner for the FFR.

#26 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

BMW is overpriced trash, VW is the same trash but with a lesser tag (though it's creeping up). Really, really overrated, actually (BMW). At least when I buy a Ford they're not pretending it's 'premium'.

Shouldn't SCANIA make the mechs?

#27 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostSakuranoSenshi, on 31 July 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

BMW is overpriced trash, VW is the same trash but with a lesser tag (though it's creeping up). Really, really overrated, actually (BMW). At least when I buy a Ford they're not pretending it's 'premium'.

No, but if you buy a Lincoln, they are. Same as if you buy a Cadillac (Chevrolet), Infinity (Nissan), or Lexus (Toyota). But we're getting off topic, I think.

#28 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Lexus I didn't know, actually, thanks for that! But aye, off-topic. I'd never buy any of those, for the record. Most of them don't exist where I've spent most of my life anyway.

#29 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

You guys are forgetting one of the most important parts of the Ikea Mech Assault Plan.

Flat packaging!!!

That's right, by using only mechs that can be broken down into flat pieces, they can fit up to (insert rectally extracted number here) times as many mechs in the same amount of dropship space! This will not only allow them to pass on the savings to you, the average planetary invader, but will also allow you to bring even more mechs to all your favorite invasion sites!

Now, the actual invasion may not go well, since your mechs assembled with cheap materials and designs that focus on shipping costs rather than durability may not hold up well in hostile conditions. But if you buy from Ikea Mechs, you know that you'll still have enough money left over to launch a brand new invasion in just a couple of years!!!

#30 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostCsypher, on 19 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

mech's are built by Ikea....

Just jealous of the strength of our graphic instruction manual economy. :P

#31 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Its the Swedish women....too much of a distraction.

Free Rasalhague Republic....too many Swedish women.... Too tired to fight.

#32 Peacorp

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEstuary Essex, UK

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Ah Absolut, fighting fuel..... I like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users