Fw 4.1 Improvements

1 reply to this topic

#1 BIOHAZARD

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

Hi all,

I went through the topics on the forum today and found nothing on proposed further improvements.
There is a lot of whining in the style of 'they took away what I liked' though. This is not constructive.

After about 10 matches yesterday I can see several issues with current gameplay:

1. Quick play maps are not too suitable for the FW setup. This in my opinion has something to do with the 'fortifications' being simply out of place on the particular spot of the map where they are spawned. I think this might be fixed by adding different types of fortifications and, since maps are quite big, making the defender base bigger. How about two rings of defence, the outer one less useful. Different structures like ramparts and small 'one-mech-bunkers' insted of just walls? Maybe different height on the walls also - rather an obstacle than just cover.

2. The goals of particular modes need to be extended and made more resembling of an invasion. Three bases to capture in assault - each one a step closer to a 'main base', with increasing fortifications for defending side. To win attackers need to take all three areas or something.

Three rings for domination, two smaller, one as-is in the middle. The sides together overwrite the main one. Counter increased to two minutes.

Conquest is 1250 points now, which is fine. I would make the bases bigger though with more equipment in them, to give a feel of a fight for a factory - something bigger. Make points 1500.

3. We need more match c-bills payout types to get more reasons for mech type play. For instance light mechs should be payed for scouting way more than now. Right now, you mostly get money from tag and narc. But informing the team about enemy positions gives nothing. While this is THe most useful function of lights. Lights should be payed as for capture if they hold a lock on an enemy mech that is not seen by nayone else on the team. Also, another payout for 'Enemy spotted' from the wheel + a separate button for quick use.

Mediums need to get more payout for support roles, like kill assist, solo kills against lights, enemy missiles shot down with ams, capture like bonus for ecm cover.

Heavys and assaults should have more 'damage done' related money - 500 cb for each 10 points of damage inflicted? Also, there should be something for leading an assault: how about all damage done for being in front of everybody (in programming terms: shorter distance than other mechs to the nearest enemy, within, say, 300 meters of range) is converted 1 point of damage = 100 cb.

This should all point people to specific roles on the battlefield.

Thanks for reading and please keep adding stuff here. Maybe someone will read it at PGI.

Also, all the whiners and 'I-already-said-that-before' types - thanks, but no.

4.1 has a real chance to be something. Lets try and help as we can.

#2 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

Conquest is perfect right now. Wouldn't want to fiddle with that just yet unless something pops up we need to address. But so far 1250 points have been a really good number for people needing to focus on caps because elimination is too risky and time consuming. Higher points goals could tip that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users