33 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

Alright, here we go! For those wanting thier respected factions added please post here your ideal camo to represent yourself.

If it is to basic of a camo and close to current in game ones, explain why your camo might stick out from that one. What shine would there be, or flat colors, or reflections ect ect.

Good luck!

Entries SO FAR!

Clan Nova Cat
Posted Image
Spoiler

Clan Diamond Shark
Posted Image
Spoiler

Clan Steel Vipers
Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by CK16, 16 December 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy scheme is described as a blue, star filled nebula that runs up along the center of the mech and fades to black along the arms and legs. I'd personally love to see those stars be burning chrome, with a finish along the entire mech similar to the Arrow's mica flake effect. Rich blue nebula, and deep black limbs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 December 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#3 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:12 AM

Well?

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

mountain camo is good enough (could be better still) but I really want a 4th color for weapons and trims.

however i would pay some more money for this camo:
Posted Image

#5 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 15 December 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

mountain camo is good enough (could be better still) but I really want a 4th color for weapons and trims.

however i would pay some more money for this camo:

Is that an official faction camo, or just a pattern you want? I am honestly asking, as I am not well versed in IS faction camo schemes, and you were not particularly clear in your post if it was. Because the entire purpose of this thread, which is being monitored by the higher ups, is specifically ideas for canon faction patterns. Specifically for official factions not in the game, already. Ex: Lesser periphery states, or Clans Nova Cat, Diamond Shark, and Steel Viper, which are wave two clans, or any of the homeworld Clans, as well as any minor houses.

It's about representing those canon factions that have been ignored either by necessity or by accident.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 December 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#6 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

IIRC, Clan Diamond Shark has mostly stuck with mixtures of dark blues and sea greens for their camos, with black trim on things like the joints. Additionally, they had shark teeth painted on mechs/battle armor/fighters that had at least 1 confirmed kill, similar to RL fighter nose art, just around their cockpits. If I were to aim for what I'd really want in the form of a pattern though, I'd like to see if it were possible to recreate the glimmering light effect that is created in the ocean. The name for the effect is escaping me at the moment, but this is a picture example.

Spoiler

Basically, trying to make it look it was underwater with light hitting it, with a shark tooth pattern around the cockpit. Probably not feasible, but hey, closest I can think of to a basic setup for what I'd want. Give or take the shark tooth pattern, probably, since they could add it as a decal if they wanted. And yes, I do know a shark teeth+mouth decal is in the game already, but I'm speaking of something like this:
Spoiler
but without the jaws. Basically just a more circular, shark-tooth version of the "Teeth" decal already ingame.

Anyways, even if you throw my ideas into the scrap heap, I'm just glad to know that the good folks at PGI are recognizing the factions we know and love, and hope I gave at least a little bit of insight into what might work.

#7 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 December 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

Is that an official faction camo, or just a pattern you want? I am honestly asking, as I am not well versed in IS faction camo schemes, and you were not particularly clear in your post if it was. Because the entire purpose of this thread, which is being monitored by the higher ups, is specifically ideas for canon faction patterns. Specifically for official factions not in the game, already. Ex: Lesser periphery states, or Clans Nova Cat, Diamond Shark, and Steel Viper, which are wave two clans, or any of the homeworld Clans, as well as any minor houses.

It's about representing those canon factions that have been ignored either by necessity or by accident.

I use mountain Camo to simulate the paint scheme of the Shadow Divisions.- part of of The Word.

Where as the Atlas is in the paint of the 1st Skye Jaegers - the better known of the Alliance Jaeger Brigade (they were mentioned in 2 novels, 1 short story in a rule book and several source materials)
Official it's Lyran Alliance - but as a son of Skye I will never accept the archon

The only thing they are not 3050.

Faction is not about states or Clans it's about regiments and bataillons

Edited by Karl Streiger, 15 December 2016 - 09:09 PM.

#8 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 December 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

IIRC, Clan Diamond Shark has mostly stuck with mixtures of dark blues and sea greens for their camos, with black trim on things like the joints. Additionally, they had shark teeth painted on mechs/battle armor/fighters that had at least 1 confirmed kill, similar to RL fighter nose art, just around their cockpits. If I were to aim for what I'd really want in the form of a pattern though, I'd like to see if it were possible to recreate the glimmering light effect that is created in the ocean. The name for the effect is escaping me at the moment, but this is a picture example.

Spoiler

Basically, trying to make it look it was underwater with light hitting it, with a shark tooth pattern around the cockpit. Probably not feasible, but hey, closest I can think of to a basic setup for what I'd want. Give or take the shark tooth pattern, probably, since they could add it as a decal if they wanted. And yes, I do know a shark teeth+mouth decal is in the game already, but I'm speaking of something like this:
Spoiler
but without the jaws. Basically just a more circular, shark-tooth version of the "Teeth" decal already ingame.

Anyways, even if you throw my ideas into the scrap heap, I'm just glad to know that the good folks at PGI are recognizing the factions we know and love, and hope I gave at least a little bit of insight into what might work.

Could almost do that water reflection in the blue area's of Alpha Galaxy's
Posted Image and have it reflective/shiny black area's? Also all mechs come with a shark mouth of some sort of them? either as mentioned around the cockpit OR wrapped around the nose of some mechs (Timberwolf/Ebjon Jag comes to mind as a good option there.)

#9 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,674 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 December 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's called a ripple effect.

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostCK16, on 15 December 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

Could almost do that water reflection in the blue area's of Alpha Galaxy's
Posted Image and have it reflective/shiny black area's? Also all mechs come with a shark mouth of some sort of them? either as mentioned around the cockpit OR wrapped around the nose of some mechs (Timberwolf/Ebjon Jag comes to mind as a good option there.)

Oh man, I forgot about that artwork. Always loved that one. Does remind me, we should have a "Terra or Bust!" decal.

But yeah, only reason I'm not super adament on the shark teeth thing is because of the fact that they might view it as a monetary conflict, since it could theoretically lower decal sales. I'd still prefer it to be part of the pattern though if it was just personal preference though.

#11 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 December 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Oh man, I forgot about that artwork. Always loved that one. Does remind me, we should have a "Terra or Bust!" decal.

But yeah, only reason I'm not super adament on the shark teeth thing is because of the fact that they might view it as a monetary conflict, since it could theoretically lower decal sales. I'd still prefer it to be part of the pattern though if it was just personal preference though.

Nah, look at Kurtia, Buc, Pharkan, ect. Those have unique painted items on them, so does Sherman. It would be possible, just more wrk to add them in since would require Lauren to paint each mech by hand. She might have fun with it though being as she enjoys custom patterns, and being able to paint various shark mouths could be fun. But the blue portion would be easy to add I bet being a layer type effect. Simular to how they do not need to hand paint standard camo like tiger stripe ect. Nova Cat one I could see definitely easier for Lauren to do up :)

Edited by CK16, 15 December 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#12 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

View PostCK16, on 15 December 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Nah, look at Kurtia, Buc, Pharkan, ect. Those have unique painted items on them, so does Sherman. It would be possible, just more wrk to add them in since would require Lauren to paint each mech by hand, but the blue portion would be easy to add I bet being a layer type effect. Simular to how they do not need to hand paint standard camo like tiger stripe ect.

Nova Cat one I could see definitely easier for Lauren to do up :)

I know it'd probably be too much work for the payoff, but damn I've always loved that water lighting effect. So I can always dream that somehow they'd know how to make it. Little bit sad that only CDS and Nova Cat are getting love so far in this thread though. Someone go find a Star Adder or Blood Spirit pilot and drag them in here.

#13 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 December 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

I know it'd probably be too much work for the payoff, but damn I've always loved that water lighting effect. So I can always dream that somehow they'd know how to make it. Little bit sad that only CDS and Nova Cat are getting love so far in this thread though. Someone go find a Star Adder or Blood Spirit pilot and drag them in here.

Are there any CSV pilots out there, too? I mean... wave 2 Clans seem like logical next choices for skins, but if there is no demand for Steel Vipers, it's almost a waste.

Edit: Also....
Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 December 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#14 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 December 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Are there any CSV pilots out there, too? I mean... wave 2 Clans seem like logical next choices for skins, but if there is no demand for Steel Vipers, it's almost a waste.

Edit: Also....
Posted Image

I wouldn't know. Honestly, someone should probably make a thread in GD to see what Clans people prefer out of the entire list. See how many people are Wave 2 nerds.

Oh, and that sort of gif is what calms me down real fast when I'm angry, so I appreciate it. Always loved that effect. Too bad I'm in mortal terror of deep water IRL </3

#15 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 December 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

I wouldn't know. Honestly, someone should probably make a thread in GD to see what Clans people prefer out of the entire list. See how many people are Wave 2 nerds.

Oh, and that sort of gif is what calms me down real fast when I'm angry, so I appreciate it. Always loved that effect. Too bad I'm in mortal terror of deep water IRL </3

I see. So I should refer to you as a Steel Viper or Ice Hellion while simultaneously showing you a picture of light refraction through wave action. Noted. :P

#16 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 December 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

I see. So I should refer to you as a Steel Viper or Ice Hellion while simultaneously showing you a picture of light refraction through wave action. Noted. :P

That right there is how you get a mental snap like the founder of Smoke Jaguar had when he saw his brother die. You don't want that.

#17 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,674 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

What I'd like to see is the head of Jade Falcon super imposed dead center of the `Mech. If anyone, like myself, has the Jade Falcon Sourcebook, then you'll know what I'm getting at. The camouflage that refer to is found in the rear section of the book under uniforms, ranks, and camouflage.

#18 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:41 AM

Ok I think we can say Clan Nova Cat and Diamond Shark have a solid pattern concept.
What about IS factions? Other clans? Come on guys poke your buddies in other faction!

#19 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

For Second Wave completion sake, I'll post up Steel Viper's alpha galaxy colors. A metallic gunmetal with rust like bands that run along the mech, and what appears to be gold accents.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

Clan Steel Viper's Beta galaxy;

Posted Image