Symmetric Map And/or Environment Temperature Changing

1 reply to this topic

#1 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:10 AM

I know this might be controversial, but how about a symmetric map?
"Same" spawn points, same cover possibilities, no more whining about poor start zone/conquest/base/domination point placement.
You could even create different settings as a Solaris VII theme (Steiner Coliseum, Factory...).

And when we are at artificial environments, is it possible to change temperature during the course of the game? Like we start at a cold temperature and as the match progresses the temperature goes up to 100 (or even beyond in the last minutes). Or change it the other way round, first hot then cold.
This would change the dynamic of the matches drastically, as laser vomit builds would try to time their engagement different than ballistic ones. Change lighting (blue to red) accordingly and everyone knows what's up.

Best regards
Doc

#2 Charlie Lance

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I think the "arena" style map with a variable environment would be an interesting idea. I think PGI could dabble *lightly* in having changing environments in a number of different ways. What about barriers that worked on intervals where they rose out of the ground and disappear back into the ground sometime later, or doors that opened and closed periodically. Not a huge number, because you don't want too much "randomness" but enough to add some dynamic aspects. Or if you wanted a more consistent change throughout the game, start with lots of cover and barriers and slowly decrease the amount of cover to nearly nothing by the end of the match. I'm sure some people will utterly hate this but frankly, people hated polar highlands at the start and it seems to get voted for all the time now so... people just hate new stuff in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users