Help A Support Pilot Stuck In Kodiak Land

16 replies to this topic

#1 D4RKFYR3

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:25 AM

So, I'm really a missle boat/ looong range sniper type player, in other words crap in a brawl... Well, my roommate bought me a kodiak mastery pack for my bday. i have a useable build for the 1 but for the life of me I cant find a good build for either the 2 or 3 for more than a match. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 Warden Xim

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ is your friend.

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

I don't know the -2, but the -3 is pretty magical, everything you mount on it is devastating. Well, except machineguns, because I've seen people mount MGs on this mech... Posted Image

Anyway, you'll find good suggestion here: http://metamechs.com...-guides/kodiak/

#4 D4RKFYR3

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Thanks

#5 Big McLarge-Huge

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

I play the Kodiak a lot and the KDK-3 is really the only one worth playing, 2 CUAC 10's and 2 CUAC 5's is the best loadout. I really hate when players snipe in a 100 ton assault.

IF you have to snipe in a Kodiak use this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c4d96cac5bdd684

But this is much more fun and more beneficial to the team:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2dc9e1dda85839f

Edited by Phil125, 14 December 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#6 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

It hurts me. It hurts me right in my brawling bone, but Here, a travesty of a KDK-2. That should have all the horrible large lasers you want.

~Leone

#7 D4RKFYR3

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:15 PM

Lol, thanks for the help.

#8 Big McLarge-Huge

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

OK here is a happy medium 4 CUAC 5's and a ton of armor and ammo. Max range 1300 meters. So you can snipe with it and you can practice brawling in it. Every match get closer in. You will begin to realize the intimidation factor you have in the Kodiak. Most mechs run when you come around the corner. And you can toe to toe with pretty much anything, but an Atlas(Dam CT and standard engine on that thing.)

Also the key to brawling is support. Never solo in. Always push with at least a heavy or medium or two on your wings. Also with the CUAC's you are not only doing damage you are blinding the crap out of them. Spam it! Sure they will jam but that is why you have 4 of them. All 4 at the same time all the time. With some practice you can average 700+ damage and 3+ kills a match in the KDK-3 with 2 10's and 2 5's. I've broken 1500 damage quite a few times.

KDK-3

Not trying to lecture it is just that you have the most powerful mech(KDK-3) in the game at your finger tips...use it.

There is a reason they Nerfed it twice. And to no avail cause it just keeps on comin!

Edited by Phil125, 14 December 2016 - 06:10 PM.

#9 Big McLarge-Huge

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostLeone, on 14 December 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

It hurts me. It hurts me right in my brawling bone, but Here, a travesty of a KDK-2. That should have all the horrible large lasers you want.

~Leone

flamers? really Posted Image

#10 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

Well if you like long rang for your KDK-3 use 2 UAC2 and 2 Gauss with like 2 Med lasors. I just stand back and nail people at full damage at like 1000m out. I truly and said abut the whole braw thing though. Kodiaks are made to step up and f*ck sh*t up but oh well not your play time. The build is solid though. I use Endo and a XL400 with it as well just for extra speed and ammo.

#11 D4RKFYR3

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying the UAC 5/10 build now. I'm only averaging 250 a match a the moment but thats just lack of skill in the build i think. I just have to remember to keep moving and not stand there like a 100 ton sign post..

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

Meta Bear and Deathbear... More like potatobears... The deathbear is hilarious. 4T of ammo for 4UAC10? lol...

Anyway to the OP - are PLENTY of KDK threads... Have a read of some of them?
KDK4 - Can play it the same on a KDK2 basically.

Same for something like THIS build

#13 D4RKFYR3

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

@justcallme did you read my post? I dont have a kdk-4 I have the kdks-1-3... and yes I have read some of the other posts but most i see are about dakka builds or arguements over if its still meta or not or things like that. i hadn't seen one that addressed my question, hence my post. If I missed it, my bad. Seriously, if your gonna ask me if I had enough brain power to look at other posts, please at least use enough brain power to make sure the rest of your comments are relevant to my post.

#14 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostPhil125, on 14 December 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

flamers? really Posted Image

Yeah, I know they're nerfed, but they still have their uses.

Large lasers are high tonnage heat hogs; there's a reason I don't use em. That said, the KDK-2 has the spare hardpoints, and for 1 tonne, a pair of flamers can really save your mech-bear-bacon inna brawl. The relatively cool until they hit their usage cap, and if you lose em cuz that mech is meant to shield side the left, ah well, no big loss.

Personally I'd've gone all medium pulse and a nice loud Lbx for the sound of it, but the OP had certain requests I tried to accommodate.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 December 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

Same for something like THIS build

So.. is there a reason your not putting the left arm lasers in the CT and just dead-siding with the left in that build? I mean, I could be missing something since I don't really do the whole hide an poke thing much, but it seems your missing out with that build.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 16 December 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#15 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Just don't expect miracles from a KDK, like reading whining forum posts about it would have you believe. It's a strong mech for sure, but it'll melt just like anything else if you get too bold or make a mistake. It can pack a punch, but it's not exactly easy mode.

Edited by NRP, 16 December 2016 - 02:54 PM.

#16 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostD4RKFYR3, on 16 December 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

@justcallme did you read my post? I dont have a kdk-4 I have the kdks-1-3...

More like you didn't read my post...

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 December 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

Can play it the same on a KDK2 basically.

KDK 2 / KDK 4 = similar enough in terms of hardpoints.
1B RT
4E - 2 per arm.

The builds from a KDK-4 can be (generally) put onto a KDK2 without changing a thing. It's not that hard to work out.

View PostLeone, on 16 December 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

So.. is there a reason your not putting the left arm lasers in the CT and just dead-siding with the left in that build? I mean, I could be missing something since I don't really do the whole hide an poke thing much, but it seems your missing out with that build.

~Leone.

Mainly to track the target. With ERLs, it's a pretty hard as to use torso mounts and keep them on the same component for the duration of the ERL burn if you are doing it via the torso/CT mounts @ 1000m+

For the record, I've never run that build lol, cause it's just not how I would play a KDK... But yeah, just an option really.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 16 December 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#17 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:34 AM

If you *really* have to play a ranged Kodiak, why not the tried and true 2x Gauss, 2x PPC or 4x Gauss

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users