24 replies to this topic

#21 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 05 February 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Interestingly, the WHM-6R can run AC40 with a STD engine, but I'm not sure that it's tanky enough to run something that close range now after the durability nerfs. Pre-rescale and nerf, this would have easily been the most bang for buck AC40 IS side being absurdly tanky (size+quirks) and solid firepower.

I actually forgot about the Duel AC/20 build for the Wammy.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba46a5d1f75d6d5

Personally, I find the Duel AC/10 builds and Ultra AC/5 builds work better for WHM 6R but it's not any less scary than the duel AC/20 Jager and without the fragile XL.

#22 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:31 AM

For the IS, the Mauler can carry more ballistics than almost anything (aside from the King Crab) and they are high mounted. That being said, the Cyclops runs a close second in ballistics capability and is a bit tougher than the Mauler based on hit-box shape. If you are willing to spend real money, Sleipnir, the Cyclops hero is a monster mech - essentially a Mauler with slightly better hit-boxes, a sensor range boost that helps the team, and a 30% cbill bonus.

King Crabs also work, but I honestly hate them. They are huge, lumbering, wide, and their ballistic weapons have a bad habit of either shooting dirt or clipping rocks because of how widely spaced they are. They do work great for dual Gauss since the exploding Gauss rifles are in the arms and you can shoot from long range after positioning to avoid rocks, but for pure dakka, I'd recommend the Mauler, a few Cyclops variants, and the Banshee 3E on the IS side. For Clan, Dire Wolf and KDK-3 are where to go for dakka.

#23 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

The closest i could get is a Black widow with 4 PPCs and 4 Machine guns but that will probably be too hot:

This

#24 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Well OP, if it must be Inner Sphere there is only one 'mech that even has the right hardpoint configuration for the loadout that you want. And it's this guy right here: MAL-MX90

It's an assault though. You also need to be aware that dual AC/20s is not the greatest thing in the world because of the massive ghost heat spike you get from firing more than one at a time. They will need to be stagger fired. One and then two. I didn't look at Clan 'mechs since you said it needed to be IS so there may be some clan 'mechs capable of such a loadout that I have neglected to look in to.

#25 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

The Hunchback IIC is a good dakka build. You can put on two LB20xs and not suffer from Ghost Heat. If you use it close up, the spread isn't much of a problem. It also is a late-game Crit Killer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users