82 replies to this topic

#61 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:09 AM

View PostStar Commander Horse, on 26 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Aramuside, that you assume all people in Japan are Japanese is ignorant but forgivable Posted Image

TBH I really want to buy BattleTech Crowd-funded Merchandize (and it will be a large order) as long as the items are produced anywhere but China.

I wish I could apologize for "being political" but ...I cannot: From where I sit and see on the news almost daily the buildup of the Chinese military I cannot in good conscious buy anything else made in that country because it is funding their military.

As a "family man" this concerns me to the point where I will not only quietly vote with my wallet by buying goods from elsewhere, but I will also not-so-quietly encourage others to buy goods first "made in their own country," and then goods made anywhere but China.

If you don't agree, that's alright. But I will not censor my opinion to appease your sensibilities. Hope you understand.

Well in counter... "From where I sit and see on the news almost daily the buildup of" the madness of Trump "I cannot in good conscious buy anything" from America.

See politics cuts both ways.

Unfortunately most rpg products I buy are American so unfortunate but then at least most of their editors openly despise Trump so I don't just blanket assume everyone in America/China is evil like your "opinions". Posted Image

#62 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostAramuside, on 30 December 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

Well in counter... "From where I sit and see on the news almost daily the buildup of" the madness of Trump "I cannot in good conscious buy anything" from America.

See politics cuts both ways.

Unfortunately most rpg products I buy are American so unfortunate but then at least most of their editors openly despise Trump so I don't just blanket assume everyone in America/China is evil like your "opinions". Posted Image

Though I think Mr. Trump has one or two good goals in mind, his methods and attitude don't reflect my values so I didn't vote for him.
And when I see Obama starting to fight with Russia it really, really pisses me off because Russia is not our (the US's) enemy and I believe he's just doing to to cause trouble for his own government (he's still pissed off at the Republicans for all the harassment during his term).
China isn't our enemy yet either but I do not think it's smart for Americans to fund the Chinese military by buying cheaply made (not to mention poor quality) goods from there (not to mention that worker's rights there are ...none).

I do not think China is evil, but its governments use of economics of scale by devaluing the Yuan to directly cause planet Earth to manufacture almost everything there is planned, and that planning is not in the best interest of both your country, nor mine.

I believe first and foremost we should all buy goods produced in our own country first, other countries second, but never from China. Unless it's Chinese food Posted Image

Your opinion is a good one, and I appreciate the discussion with you Posted Image

#63 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

only until the 15th to hit their goals. Sucks they might not make it.

How are more people not behind this?

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 December 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#64 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

View PostStar Commander Horse, on 30 December 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

Though I think Mr. Trump has one or two good goals in mind, his methods and attitude don't reflect my values so I didn't vote for him.
And when I see Obama starting to fight with Russia it really, really pisses me off because Russia is not our (the US's) enemy and I believe he's just doing to to cause trouble for his own government (he's still pissed off at the Republicans for all the harassment during his term).
China isn't our enemy yet either but I do not think it's smart for Americans to fund the Chinese military by buying cheaply made (not to mention poor quality) goods from there (not to mention that worker's rights there are ...none).

I do not think China is evil, but its governments use of economics of scale by devaluing the Yuan to directly cause planet Earth to manufacture almost everything there is planned, and that planning is not in the best interest of both your country, nor mine.

I believe first and foremost we should all buy goods produced in our own country first, other countries second, but never from China. Unless it's Chinese food Posted Image

Your opinion is a good one, and I appreciate the discussion with you Posted Image

Why... Why do you have a video about China's economy as your signature?

#65 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

Wish they had the Merc banner included.

Posted Image

(middle one)

Also I noticed people wondering about the scale of the banners. Here are some pics of the swag that came with the Backer Kits for the game, with a real life Battletech Geek for scale (not me). Banners should be close to the same thing, hopefully.

http://i.imgur.com/gXUBNO3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yasLPjf.jpg

Edited by Talos7, 31 December 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#66 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostTalos7, on 31 December 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

Wish they had the Merc banner included.

Posted Image

(middle one)

Also I noticed people wondering about the scale of the banners. Here are some pics of the swag that came with the Backer Kits for the game, with a real life Battletech Geek for scale (not me). Banners should be close to the same thing, hopefully.

http://i.imgur.com/gXUBNO3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yasLPjf.jpg

Much appreciated that's really useful and persuaded me to get sets. Posted Image

#67 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 December 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

expensive , looks average in design ( especially the Smoke Jaguar ) .As a Kickstarter backer i can say the Banner are cheapish and not great quality. The Resin figure is ridiculous in price..

#68 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

Dear Whales, whales with big wallets and whales with small wallets, whales that must rob a store or steal a childs piggybank, whales that can take out a personal loan or sell their wifes car, whales that dont mind living on 2 minute noodles and water, whales that care about other whales. Be a whale and make that Atlas statue happen, if not for the sake of your fellow kins-whales.

#69 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 02 January 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Dear Whales, whales with big wallets and whales with small wallets, whales that must rob a store or steal a childs piggybank, whales that can take out a personal loan or sell their wifes car, whales that dont mind living on 2 minute noodles and water, whales that care about other whales. Be a whale and make that Atlas statue happen, if not for the sake of your fellow kins-whales.

(Though I didn't put money on the Atlas. I put it on the Clan Banners and the Hoodie.)

#70 Illicit Activitie

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

I Dont think any of the items will make the min order needed to sell any of the items

#71 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostKhârn, on 03 January 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

I Dont think any of the items will make the min order needed to sell any of the items

Agreed. They really missed the mark, it seems.

#72 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 December 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Quite a few reasons.

Most likely one

Wrong time of year for this, Christmas gets expensive.

Plus

Oversea's cost on the Atlas Statue kills it for most.

Merc Banner is missing from the selection.

The clan ones are not that great, your o.k being a space Puppy, but if I was a big smoke Jaguar, I'd be really fed up. the green parrots and the Nova Cat's also are lacking as well.

I.S banners are good designs but how many backers don't want a second one, of their chosen house.

Not being able to mix and match banners, is probably another factor.

Quality of product.

Having to wait six months.

The poor service the chosen carrier DHL gives for overseas items.

People put off because the money is going to more than H.B.S could also be a factor

Edit to revise my list as I think the nova cat banner is pretty good, just ot a fan of the centre front badge, on the hoodie

Edited by Cathy, 04 January 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#73 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

Just kills my Gingerbread Atlas., 12lbs it was. 18inches. 2 gingerbread house kits

#74 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 681 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Well looks like this will be a colossal failure. Kinda figured it would be. Pretty embarrassing. Though it's not going to persuade me to stop playing this game by a long shot :P.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 03 January 2017 - 07:11 PM.

#75 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostCathy, on 03 January 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

The clan ones are not that great, your o.k being a space Puppy, but if I was a big smoke Jaguar, I'd be really fed up. the green parrots and the Nova Cat's also are lacking as well.

Whatchutalkinbout. The Nova Cat one actually looks great! So good, most of us went ahead and ordered it, as did some of the "retired" ex-Nova Cats. It is a nice modernization of the original variant. Slavish adherence to tradition leads to stagnation.

#76 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'd like too... but the prices are way too high.

#77 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:36 AM

Welll... 7 hooded T's ordered and two more planned. Half are gifts Posted Image

View PostBrenden, on 30 December 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Why... Why do you have a video about China's economy as your signature?

Hello Brendan. My sig is my New Year's resolution (started a week or so before the end of last year actually).
I couldn't put anything about smoking cause I already stopped thata few years back. And couldn't put down"only drinking socially" instead of all the time cause that was last year's resolution Posted Image

This is generally something I only do during the first month or so of the new year before switching my sig out for something recruiting related and/or some old timer quote.
133rd Jade Falcon Solahma unit is for old soldiers who love MechWarrior Posted Image

#78 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 04 January 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Whatchutalkinbout. The Nova Cat one actually looks great! So good, most of us went ahead and ordered it, as did some of the "retired" ex-Nova Cats. It is a nice modernization of the original variant. Slavish adherence to tradition leads to stagnation.

Someone didn't read my Edit, or got in real quick :)

#79 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Hope the lords of marketing and sales do a redo of the hoodie t's, could be wrong but I have a sinking feeling they're not going to meet the min order :( If there's a 2nd atemp, well....mm... adding some of the big mercenaries units to the mix may help with sales. Don't know what most players would like. In the 80's one of the dads at my school Mr. Rick ran a wolf dragoons tabletop campaign, so I would love to rock a wolf dragoons T-shirt. Mom could never figure out why dad and I would make laser and target lock sounds at each other good times:)

#80 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Waiting for set 2 with some FRR love...

Well.. to be fair it seems that there will not even be a set one now.. Sad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users