Next Time I Meet Some Folks...

46 replies to this topic

#1 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

It won't be pretty. I get sick of dealing with this game at tier 5 and having losses.

Get good does not apply. I don't even know what sort of matchmaking this game uses for balance. Sure feels like there isn't when you get started and see zero ECM, AMS, and the other team is laser and LRM spam.

Someone clear that up.

#2 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Seems to me you are a smurf rly....

#3 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 22 December 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

It won't be pretty. I get sick of dealing with this game at tier 5 and having losses.

Get good does not apply. I don't even know what sort of matchmaking this game uses for balance. Sure feels like there isn't when you get started and see zero ECM, AMS, and the other team is laser and LRM spam.

Someone clear that up.

Here's your clarification: The matchmaker does not scan everybody's weapons and equipment and then make a match based on loadouts.

#4 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 22 December 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Someone clear that up.

Save up and buy a good mech and use a good build. You can't control what other people bring or what they do in game. Just focus on what you bring and what you do. Analyze your games without accounting for your team, just think what you could have done better. If you spend your time constantly analyzing your own team and blaming them you will not improve.

In a lot of ways imagining your teammates as AI bots helps.

#5 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostDavers, on 22 December 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Save up and buy a good mech and use a good build. You can't control what other people bring or what they do in game. Just focus on what you bring and what you do. Analyze your games without accounting for your team, just think what you could have done better. If you spend your time constantly analyzing your own team and blaming them you will not improve.

In a lot of ways imagining your teammates as AI bots from Daikatana helps.

FTFY Posted Image

#6 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostBesh, on 22 December 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Seems to me you are a smurf rly....

Have I met you?

View PostProsperity Park, on 22 December 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Here's your clarification: The matchmaker does not scan everybody's weapons and equipment and then make a match based on loadouts.

View PostDavers, on 22 December 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

In a lot of ways imagining your teammates as AI bots helps.

Thanks for the clarification on the MM.

That. Sucks.

As for analyzing my performance, I don't have any problem with that. I do have a problem with trying to play carefully and getting folks charging in for no reason, then doing the exact opposite when I decide to rush in.

Edited by BrandonKF, 22 December 2016 - 03:11 PM.

#7 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

People seriously need to learn to stop worrying about their team their team their team so damn much and just worry about what they can actually control; themselves. You will drive yourself up a wall in frustration getting angry at PUG players for being useless and it will never ever get better no matter how many blood vessels you rupture in your brain. The only thing you can control in this game is what you do, and how you play. Focus on that, focus on being good at what you do and be happy with the fact that even if you lost, you did good. It makes this game a lot more fun and a lot less infuriating, believe me.

#8 Van Hoven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 22 December 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

That. Sucks.

As for analyzing my performance, I don't have any problem with that. I do have a problem with trying to play carefully and getting folks charging in for no reason, then doing the exact opposite when I decide to rush in.

Oh that is just cute <3

#9 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

People seriously need to learn to stop worrying about their team their team their team so damn much and just worry about what they can actually control; themselves. You will drive yourself up a wall in frustration getting angry at PUG players for being useless and it will never ever get better no matter how many blood vessels you rupture in your brain. The only thing you can control in this game is what you do, and how you play. Focus on that, focus on being good at what you do and be happy with the fact that even if you lost, you did good. It makes this game a lot more fun and a lot less infuriating, believe me.

I'm not mad merely at other PUG players. I'm pissed at enemy PUG players.

View PostVan Hoven, on 22 December 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

Oh that is just cute &lt;3

I've been called that, though not by a guy. :P

#10 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 22 December 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

I'm not mad merely at other PUG players. I'm pissed at enemy PUG players.

For... what exactly...?

#11 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

For... what exactly...?

I'm competitive. So yeah, "just a game" doesn't work as an excuse for me.

#12 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 22 December 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

I'm competitive. So yeah, "just a game" doesn't work as an excuse for me.

So you're mad at the enemy team for winning? What you're saying is that you're a sore loser? Well. Then I'm afraid the only thing I can do to help you is recommend that you add a new piece of hardware to your gaming rig:

Posted Image

#13 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

Sore, yes.

Though if you want to talk about crying like a baby, I suppose you can call it that if you like. I have personally grown tired of grown men taking a competitive attitude and dismissing it as whining.

So you can take that pacifier and shove it up your fourth point of contact.

#14 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostBrandonKF, on 22 December 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

That. Sucks.

Don't play carefully. Play boldly, and bravely.

Careful gets not only yourself killed, but causes your team to lose, too.

#15 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

I believe that the idea of charging head long into the enemy team isn't the standard of bravery. That would be foolish.

Edited by BrandonKF, 22 December 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#16 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

but sometimes you play the build you like, while the truth is after 3-4 stomps on the receiving end, you take out the carryharder mechs, like kodiak 3, marauder-IIC-D, PPC summoner, poptart gyr.

#17 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

View PostCorrado, on 22 December 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

but sometimes you play the build you like, while the truth is after 3-4 stomps on the receiving end, you take out the carryharder mechs, like kodiak 3, marauder-IIC-D, PPC summoner, poptart gyr.

Only with enough Cbills. For what that's worth, the free premium time is a nice reward for daily play, I think.

#18 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

Know two things... you have zero control over the matchmaker, and you cannot carry in MechWarrior: Online like you can in other games like World of Tanks. I've seen it happen before in game and on YouTube from a content creator, but a carry is pretty darn rare. Be aggressive, communicate useful information to your team and hit that R button whenever you get a chance to hold a solid lock. Information is power.

#19 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

Soldier up and Enlist!
Posted Image

#20 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

Play every match as if it were a test to see who-would-survive-a-zombie-apocalypse.

People not locking targets with R? They wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse.

Someone using bad builds? They wouldn't make it in a zombie apocalypse.

Team mates not pulling their weight. You know they wouldn't last through 2 episodes of the walking dead.

Rather than feel upset you'll start to pity people for lacking basic comprehension and reasoning skills necessary for a person to reach their potential.

Then maybe it becomes rational to focus more on yourself and what you're doing rather than what others are up to.

I admit I whine about the matchmaker sometimes but mostly even if I seem serious I'm usually laughing about how ridiculous some things are.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 22 December 2016 - 03:52 PM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users