Ncix : Is There Any Way To Make It Useful?

28 replies to this topic

#21 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostJables McBarty, on 01 February 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I've been doing something similar to Starbomber.

Bigger engine, fewer DHS, added FF and Artemis, stripped arms (RA currently has +18 Armor; I leave 1 pt in LA so it doesn't look stripped in the paper doll), and CASE in both sides to aid in zombification.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ada28d0ac9bd974

I've only run it three times, but my first match was >500 dmg and 2KMDD, which makes it my best match in ANY centurion by about 400 damage.

Those are my favorite builds for the Cent too, either a STD SRM zombie or a STD AC/10 zombie. It puts out work with that quirked AC/10, and the two ML aren't frightening but they certainly allow you to contribute if you stay alive.

#22 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

With the quirks there's one build which makes sense, it also strikes pretty hard while staying comparatively cool:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...081757d8f6270c8

If you insist on STD(less spread on the alpha, so the net loss is lower than paper dps suggests):

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a3e5a16ed7b9010

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2f9b291ba7f26b7

Ballistics are a waste on this mech, as the missile quirks are excellent.

Edited by Bluttrunken, 01 February 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#23 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

general thoughts on the mech:

-using an XL-engine removes its tankiness
-never go for more than 2 weapon systems, trying to use missiles, lasers and a ballistic is too heavy so either use missiles OR a ballistic in combination with the lasers
-go for SRMs over LRMs, if you want a LRM-medium the Trebuchet is right next to it

#24 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

I was just giving a friend some advice for his Cents the other day, and I was saying that mine have done best when using STD250 and limited to 2 weapon systems.

AL with 2xLPL 2xMPL, A(NCIX) with LPL and LB10X, etc. The alpha is often low, but they are simple to use, they can zombie, and they aren't very hot. The A is a marathon runner, not a sprinter.

The only one I'd put a big XL in is YLW. AC20 is heavy Posted Image

Edited by Luscious Dan, 01 February 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#25 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

Does the AC Cool down quirk work with the LB-X? A buddy was suggesting the build as a light hunter but it may work better on the 9-D

#26 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Used to run this in scouting. With the c-bill bonus of the NCIX model I started running it again on occasion.

STD270, 3x SRM6 Artemis, 2x MPL.

CN9-A(NCIX)

PROs
-hits like truck
-quick
-tanky and can zombie

CONs
-limited ammo
-sits dangerously close to the boarder of being "too hot" (ie, best used by disciplined pilots)

I would not dream of taking this into 12 v 12 matches.

#27 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:17 AM

View PostJables McBarty, on 01 February 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I've been doing something similar to Starbomber.

Bigger engine, fewer DHS, added FF and Artemis, stripped arms (RA currently has +18 Armor; I leave 1 pt in LA so it doesn't look stripped in the paper doll), and CASE in both sides to aid in zombification.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ada28d0ac9bd974

I've only run it three times, but my first match was >500 dmg and 2KMDD, which makes it my best match in ANY centurion by about 400 damage.

I'd actually move around the ammo a bit. Put one ton in the head (it's drawn from there last). Put one ton in each leg. drop All CASE (not worth the tonnage IMO even if you are zombieing), and armor up your arms a bit. Stripping the armor from your arms is all well and good if you are getting something from it, but in this case, your zombie is merely turning into a powder keg!

Edit: Like Bluttrunken's top build.

Edited by Boulangerie, 02 February 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#28 Cat Kalasa

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

This mech is so good! I always get 500-600 damage when I run it. Check out Molten Metal's video on it

#29 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

UAC5 with a srm6,4,4 xl260

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users