Capturing Drop Zoness - The Spawn Camping Issue

20 replies to this topic

Poll: Capture drop zones (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with being able to capture dropzones

1. Yes (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No - Please provide feedback and suggestions (12 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

I had earlier thought that the timer in the Invasion Mode could have been better used as a mission objective timer.
Get the objective completed before the time runs out or it affects the drops into that battle.... or something like that.
Having some additional reason for completing the objectives in any mode would be a great update to the game.
The timer can simply mean that the game ends and then we take stock of the results..... not that I'm made keen on the timer bu it serves a purpose.

I also agree that we should be able to select our theater of combat. I don't see what the big deal is, particularly in Faction Play, about not knowing where we are dropping. I would suggest that if we can select a planet to attack, then the planets have a 'type' and the maps are all of the same 'type' or 'tileset' so the environment is consistent. This means we don't get to cherry pick and only play on the maps we like. We are dropping into battle on this planet with these conditions, prepare your drop decks and deal with it.

Completely agree with the segment idea with more important planets having more segments.
This goes back to the segment system we had in the prior iteration of Faction Play but it is still usable under the 4.1 tug of war. We just display things a little differently so we can see each planet individually and how the battles are going there and how that is represent overall in the current attack phase.

Overall, capturing a planet as an invading force should be extremely difficult and heavily in favour of the defending side. However, an attacking force will often get a head start before the defenders get a chance to deploy which evens up the battle. This is where if we had multiple and selectable dropzones with maps that are big enough with multiple objectives we would start to really turn the game from being a 'match' to a war.

No reason why the battles have to escalate into a full on 12 v 12 conflict either.
What is wrong with us scouting a planet or conducting a little raid in Faction Play without needing to actually 'take over the world'. If we could drop onto a planet on the border of our faction at the moment and do our own little self created missions, we would get rid of wait times.

Starting to branch off into another subject here!
:)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users