- - - - -

Weapon Malfunction.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

In the last three games, I have played,, I have not beenk able to fire my weapons at all, - and with the necessary items you need for each invidual weapon. What the heck is going on with that!? my settings are all fine, so there is no problem there.

#2 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostTimicon, on 26 December 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

In the last three games, I have played,, I have not beenk able to fire my weapons at all, - and with the necessary items you need for each invidual weapon. What the heck is going on with that!? my settings are all fine, so there is no problem there.

1 - Make sure your weapons are assigned to firing groups. Do this in the 'Mech lab or in a match using right-ctrl and the arrow keys. Backspace is chain fire by default.

2 - Make sure your firing groups are assigned to your fire keys. Do this in the game control options.

3 - Make sure your ammo based weapons have ammo.

4 - Run the tutorial. Go through the training ground and piloting challenges.

Edit - aaand I more or less fail at reading. Sorry, it's late and I just got done screaming at my Jenner to lose some weight.

Edited by no one, 26 December 2016 - 03:03 AM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

With 590 posts I would think you know all the basics.

Check your controls.
If all else fails, repair or reinstall.

#4 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

They were pre-selected into their own firing groupings a long time ago. I have usd this Mech (Catapult - A1 ... I think) more times than I can coult, with this never occuring before.

#5 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

You aren't giving us enough information to help you.
Could you make a screenshot of your weapon groups?
Have you tried to use the 1,2,3,4,5,6 keys on the keyboard instead of the mousebuttons? Are the weapons firing then?

#6 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

Remember that if you have streaks, they will not fire unless you lock your target (default is by pressing R). But, they are the only weapons that absolutely require a lock. (When the circle turns red you can fire streaks.)

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

You went into games with your weapons not firing? Did you ever go to a testing ground to check?

#8 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostTimicon, on 26 December 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

They were pre-selected into their own firing groupings a long time ago. I have used this Mech (Catapult - A1 ... I think) more times than I can count, with this never occurring before.

Okay I'm awake now.

Is it just the catapult? Do weapons work on your other 'Mechs? You may want to try stripping the 'Mech and rebuilding it if that's the case.

#9 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

Problem can be in third-party soft. Screen capture, mouse drivers and so on. Or someone redefine keys.

#10 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostRaubwurst, on 26 December 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

You aren't giving us enough information to help you.
Could you make a screenshot of your weapon groups?
Have you tried to use the 1,2,3,4,5,6 keys on the keyboard instead of the mousebuttons? Are the weapons firing then?

Sure, I will do that when I start playing with the Catapult later this arvo. But after posting this, I made sure to switch to at least four other 'Mechs and their weapons worked perfect. I will give mor info about the weapons not firing on my Catapult th next I post, along with a screen shot of my weapons configurations.

#11 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

View Postmailin, on 26 December 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Remember that if you have streaks, they will not fire unless you lock your target (default is by pressing R). But, they are the only weapons that absolutely require a lock. (When the circle turns red you can fire streaks.)

I do not use steak misses. I am more of a fire-support 'Mch, in my role.

LikeUntoGod - The only time I use the training grounds is when I purchase a new 'Mech and I haven't changed my weapons around on th 'Mch for at least two months, with no problems until now.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,688 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

View Postno one, on 26 December 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Okay I'm awake now.

Is it just the catapult? Do weapons work on your other 'Mechs? You may want to try stripping the 'Mech and rebuilding it if that's the case.

And when you strip the mech, save it, then add back in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users