So, Why Doesn't Is Have Full Lbx Caliber?

89 replies to this topic

#81 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 27 December 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

So... about the concept of "split crit" meaning, a 12 slot weapon can be split between 2 adjacent components?

(Like 6 in arm and 6 in torso?)

Pretty much, though it's usually more like 9-2.

It's usually only applied to the big cannons (20 rated cannons and artillery) and usually not evenly. In addition, if you split the weapon between a torso and an arm, it usually get's some sort of aiming/movement penalty. No idea how that would work in MWO - Would probably either negate all extra arm actuator aiming bonuses, or just make it act like a torso weapon.

#82 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 27 December 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

Actually the IS is missing something.

The ability to be better balanced against the Clans because they have a fully equivalent list of weapons.

You can't properly balance the Clan ER Small/Medium, UAC 2/10/20, LBX 2/5/20 and Streak 4/6 because the IS doesn't have their versions of the weapons, therefore, in this case, the Clans are well and truly OP, simply because the IS doesn't have their versions of those weapons.

While cases can be made for some of those weapons (which would most likely either replace the current weapons, or be ignored for being inferior) the LBX weapons are not only inferior to the Clan versions, they are inferior to what the IS has right now. Is there a pressing need for versions of AC2 and AC5 that are only effective within 200m? Who is asking for an AC20 that only fits in torsos and doesn't have a strong pinpoint shot?

#83 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostDavers, on 27 December 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

While cases can be made for some of those weapons (which would most likely either replace the current weapons, or be ignored for being inferior) the LBX weapons are not only inferior to the Clan versions, they are inferior to what the IS has right now. Is there a pressing need for versions of AC2 and AC5 that are only effective within 200m? Who is asking for an AC20 that only fits in torsos and doesn't have a strong pinpoint shot?

I was hoping that PGI will actually take a hard look at the LBX balance when they do implement IS LBX2/5/20. Pellet damage increase would be so sweet and simple.

#84 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 December 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

I was hoping that PGI will actually take a hard look at the LBX balance when they do implement IS LBX2/5/20. Pellet damage increase would be so sweet and simple.

You are such an optimistic dreamer. I find that adorable. :D

#85 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostDavers, on 27 December 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

You are such an optimistic dreamer. I find that adorable. Posted Image

Yeah well, having an entire weapon system mostly unused does nothing for weapon diversity and gameplay. Sooner or later PGI would have to balance the LBX, and I'd rather not have to wait for years, like the Flamer and the MG.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 December 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#86 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 December 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Yeah well, having an entire weapon system mostly unused does nothing for weapon diversity and gameplay. Sooner or later PGI would have to balance the LBX, and I'd rather not have to wait for years, like the Flamer and the MG.

Without engine criticals, crit seeking weapons are pointless. It's far better to have weapons that focus damage. The LBX adds nothing new to the IS' arsenal. It's just loreboys asking for lore weapons that didn't translate well into this game.

#87 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostDavers, on 27 December 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Without engine criticals, crit seeking weapons are pointless. It's far better to have weapons that focus damage. The LBX adds nothing new to the IS' arsenal. It's just loreboys asking for lore weapons that didn't translate well into this game.

Which is why I have been pushing for more pellet damage. At least it will give LBX a traditional FPS shotgun vibe where it is far deadlier up close than regular AC.

#88 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 December 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Which is why I have been pushing for more pellet damage. At least it will give LBX a traditional FPS shotgun vibe where it is far deadlier up close than regular AC.
e

I would wish you luck, but since these kind of ideas have been floating around since Beta...
Not to mention PGI would probably rollback all the spread buffs to compensate for the increased damage.

I'm glad someone is still fighting "the good fight" though. After Mechcon I gave up and accepted we are entering into 2 years of maintenance mode until MW5 comes out.

#89 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostDavers, on 27 December 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

I would wish you luck, but since these kind of ideas have been floating around since Beta...
Not to mention PGI would probably rollback all the spread buffs to compensate for the increased damage.

I'm glad someone is still fighting "the good fight" though. After Mechcon I gave up and accepted we are entering into 2 years of maintenance mode until MW5 comes out.

The MG buffs renewed my hope a bit.

#90 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 December 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

I'd rather have my gun to shoot 3.3 damage for 3 round burst than spreading it with ten 1 damage pellets. And I am frankly tired of correcting every two-bit forumite who thinks the LBX is the hottest stuff right now just because UACs got jam nerf, and they managed to kill some mechs in pug queue, using LBX. Yes, LBX has its use, but in a very limited scope, so one is generally much better off using UACs. It's a bloody self-evident fact. Do you see any top teams use LBX in their matches more than UACs?

Well, as you can see i'm pretty tired too, writing posts and then watching your responses based on selective reading. It is very simple: 1) go into training ground 2) shoot heavies and assaults CTs within good SRM range 3) find that 6-8 pellets hit CT 4) mind other parameters of the weapon, including snapshot for clans 5) conclude that it's better in brawl than ac5, uac5, ac10, uac10.

Why comp teams dont take lbx's? Two points. First - clan spls are op af. Second - good MWO maps are very similar: 1) several areas with cover devided by a large open valley 2) one big hill to nascar around. Comp teams play only 1) Imagine a map without specific center and consisting entirely of brawl building areas of, say, River City. You will see lbx's in action.

But you are right about the pellet damage. I would gladly see damage go up to 1.1-1.12. Or 10-15% reduction of spread - that would work too.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users